OOC: CHAPTER 5 - At Sea

To quote from James Starkweather, our expedition commander: "We will travel back to the campsight and last resting place of our colleagues from Miskatonic University, led by professor Charles Lake, some two years ago. We intend to confirm their amazing discoveries and to map and climb the Miskatonic Mountain range, reported to be the highest peaks in the world. Once we've reached those peaks, we will continue further. We will continue beyond the mountains. Beyond those mountains where we intend to perform an aerial survey of the lands on the far side of that range, into uncharted territory that has never before seen by the human eye. To uncover the secrets…"

Moderator: Job

Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: CHAPTER 5: OOC - At Sea

Post by Job »

Thanks Anatomist!

I'll post a description of the round tomorrow. By the way, I posted a picture of Tommy Lopez for you in the IC thread. :)

QUESTION: Did Oyvind do 5 hp of nonlethal damage with the punch that he landed? I thought that I saw you post that the other day, but can't find the link. I'll roll for Tommy's nonlethal damage tomorrow as well (and you'll see the roll).

Thanks,
Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Tommy Lopez's damage roll, round 1

Post by Job »

Tommy Lopez did 4 HP of nonlethal damage to Øyvind. I've edited your character sheet.

Knock-out attempt = d100 roll on resistance table (attacker's damage vs. target's HP) = 4 damage vs. Øyvind's 15hp = not possible.

For his successful punch, Øyvind Raknes will get a d100 roll to improve his skill at the end of this fight.

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Job wrote:Thanks Anatomist!

I'll post a description of the round tomorrow. By the way, I posted a picture of Tommy Lopez for you in the IC thread. :)

QUESTION: Did Oyvind do 5 hp of nonlethal damage with the punch that he landed? I thought that I saw you post that the other day, but can't find the link. I'll roll for Tommy's nonlethal damage tomorrow as well (and you'll see the roll).

Thanks,
Job.
5 was non lethal i think....... you cant find the roll as i deleted the post
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Anatomist wrote:
Job wrote:Thanks Anatomist!

QUESTION: Did Øyvind do 5 hp of nonlethal damage with the punch that he landed? I thought that I saw you post that the other day, but can't find the link. I'll roll for Tommy's nonlethal damage tomorrow as well (and you'll see the roll).

Thanks,
Job.
5 was non lethal i think....... you cant find the roll as i deleted the post
Ok Anatomist, I've applied the 5 HP nonlethal damage to Tommy Lopez.

I've also rolled another three d100 dice for the second round for Tommy Lopez's punches.
Here is the link

Tommy landed his first two punches. Øyvind's turn...

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

A tie again!
  • First sequence: Both Tommy and Øyvind landed punches, so this cancels out
    Second sequence: Tommy hit, but Øyvind missed
    Third sequence: Øyvind landed a punch, but Tommy missed.
Since this is a tie, I rolled a d100 for the honor of getting to describe the action, and I rolled an 84!!! Beat that! :twisted:

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Job wrote:
A tie again!
  • First sequence: Both Tommy and Øyvind landed punches, so this cancels out
    Second sequence: Tommy hit, but Øyvind missed
    Third sequence: Øyvind landed a punch, but Tommy missed.
Since this is a tie, I rolled a d100 for the honor of getting to describe the action, and I rolled an 84!!! Beat that! :twisted:

Job.
say what?
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Anatomist wrote:say what?
Holy Hastur! Nice roll!

You've won the honors to describe the second round of action in the IC thread.

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Even though the Øyvind's and Tommy's boxing match is not yet complete, tomorrow (in RL) I'll be starting the next day's activities on Sept 13th (game time) in the IC thread to keep things moving. This will throw a few things out of sequence, for example the boxing match all occured on Sept 12th, but if we wait to do everything in sequence according to time, then we won't reach Antarctica for a very long time in RL.

To keep the confusion down and to keep the timing somewhat clean, I'm going to start a separate thread for the boxing match and copy in all of the relevent posts (Anatomist, we can continue posting our die rolls in this OOC thread, to keep them all together). And in the future, I'll split off the sporting events and significant activities into separate threads, even though those threads might be completed pretty quickly.

I hope that this makes sense to everyone. Send me a PM if not. And if anyone has any suggestions to improve our game, be sure to either send me a PM or to post comments in the OOC threads. I've already borrowed/stolen a number of ideas from players and other games to make things a bit better, so don't hesitate to let me know your thoughts.

Job.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Paul Rucker enjoyed the rest of the day, listening to lectures, even the brutal stories of the punks that fought in the boxing ring he heard during break offs.

OOC – waiting for the next day.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

This is the damage roll done by Tommy Lopez during the second round. Not very impressive...

Based on Øyvind's current HP = 11, and Tommy's damage of 3 HP for his landed punch, he has a 10% chance to knock Øyvind out.
Ooh! Almost!

Anatomist, based on your 5 HP of nonlethal damage done this round, and Tommy's 10 remaining HP at start of the second round, you have a 15% chance to knock out Tommy. Please roll. :!:

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Just in case Øyvind did not knock Tommy out in the second round, I've rolled Tommy's three punches for the third round.

Here it is! Tommy missed all 3 attempts! It's looking good for Øyvind this round.

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Ooh! Øyvind almost knocked out Tommy!

Anatomist, I've already rolled Tommy's round three punches (see last post above from me, all missed...), so please roll for Øyvind's third round.

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Hello Anatomist,

Øyvind actually missed with his second punch, but hit with the first and third punches! Roll once more for damage, and he also gets one more chance to knock out Tommy (i.e. 1d100).

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Job wrote:
Hello Anatomist,

Øyvind actually missed with his second punch, but hit with the first and third punches! Roll once more for damage, and he also gets one more chance to knock out Tommy (i.e. 1d100).

Job.
Lol i wrote it all backwards.

dmg (1d3+1d4=4)
second nockout atempt (1d100=23)
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Anatomist wrote:Lol i wrote it all backwards.

dmg (1d3+1d4=4)
second nockout atempt (1d100=23)
Øyvind knocked Tommy out cold in the third round! Nice work!

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

CHARACTER ROLLS for September 13th Classes
NOTE: If I don't see any changes in the OOC or IC threads, then I assume that students continue to attend the same classes from the previous day --Job.

MORNING CLASS: Greene & Watkins / Antarctic First-Aid / Ship's Medical
TEACHER CREDIT: Wade Watkins - 1 day's credit - After each full week of teaching, Father Rucker will get to roll to increase either his Persuade or Listen skill

MORNING CLASS: Sykes (81% Polar Survival) / Introduction to cold-weather clothes and equipment / Officer's Mess
STUDENT: George Barrow: First day's class already rolled for; roll again on Sept 15th (3 days later)

MORNING CLASS: J Rucker / Antarctic Paleobiology / Ship's Mess
TEACHER CREDIT: Father P.J. Rucker - 2 day's credit - After each full week of teaching, Father Rucker will get to roll to increase either his Persuade or Listen skill
STUDENT: James Poole - Biology roll needed for first day of class

AFTERNOON CLASS: G & N Sorensen (85% Climb) / Technical Climbing / Crew's Mess
STUDENT: Father P.J. Rucker - First day's class already rolled for; roll again on Sept 15th (3 days later)
STUDENT: James Poole - Climbing roll needed for first day of class

AFTERNOON CLASS: E Fiskarson / Boxing Fundamentals (last one standing takes on James Starkweather) / Main Deck Fore
STUDENT: Øyvind Raknes - Fist/Hand-to-Hand roll needed at end of boxing matches.

EVENING CLASS: Ø Raknes & F Guerini / Mountain Rules / Ship's Mess
***This class can be used to increase one of the following skills: Drive Dogsled or Polar Survival or Tracking
TEACHER CREDIT: Øyvind Raknes - 2 day's credit - After each full week of teaching, Øyvind will get to roll to increase either his Persuade or Listen skill
STUDENT: Father P.J. Rucker

EVENING CLASS: D Halperin (87% Navigate) & C Bardier / Aerial Navigation / Expedition Lab
TEACHER CREDIT: Camille Bardier - 2 day's credit- After each full week of teaching, Camille will get to roll to increase either her Persuade or Listen skill

EVENING CLASS: Griffith / Antarctic Geology / Officer's Mess
STUDENT: J. Poole - Geology roll needed for first day of class
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Hello Anatomist,

Next up in the boxing matches, Gunnar Sorensen versus Øyvind.

Here is the link for Gunnar's punches 58, 16, 40

Gunnar injured his hand in his last fight, so there may be an advantage for Øyvind... ;)

Job.

Return to “Job's Beyond the Mountains of Madness”