OOC - GENERAL Campaign Discussion

To quote from James Starkweather, our expedition commander: "We will travel back to the campsight and last resting place of our colleagues from Miskatonic University, led by professor Charles Lake, some two years ago. We intend to confirm their amazing discoveries and to map and climb the Miskatonic Mountain range, reported to be the highest peaks in the world. Once we've reached those peaks, we will continue further. We will continue beyond the mountains. Beyond those mountains where we intend to perform an aerial survey of the lands on the far side of that range, into uncharted territory that has never before seen by the human eye. To uncover the secrets…"

Moderator: Job

Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: OOC - GENERAL Campaign Discussion

Post by Job »

royya wrote:I’m out for a vacation. I will resume full posting in a week from now.

Roy
Yes, enjoy yourself Roy! Keep an eye out for any shady characters! There seems to be some lurking danger for our expedition and we wouldn't want our priest to turn up missing.

Job.
Ewoklord
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Ewoklord »

Would I be recovered from the ammonia by now, or am I still out?
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Ewoklord wrote:Would I be recovered from the ammonia by now, or am I still out?
Yes, Ewoklord, it's been about an hour-and-a-half in game time since Douglas Orgelfinger initially succumbed to the ammonia fumes, so he will have recovered enough while on a tank of oxygen to begin moving around. He will continue to have burning in his airways and slight difficulties in breathing, and he won't be able to overly exert himself because of this, but he is able to move about and interact with the expedition members.

Job.
Ewoklord
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Ewoklord »

Alright, cool.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

I've been hindered by work this week, and have been traveling out of state for another wedding, so my posting rate has dropped considerably. I'll hopefully be back writing on Monday night.

job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

I've been catching up with my writing this evening after a week of long work hours and also a trip out of state to visit relatives.

Unfortunately I'll probably be a little quieter than usual this coming week as well due to travels for both business and to attend a wedding on the weekend. But after that, I hope to be able to remain home for a couple of months and my writing time should return to normal.

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

All i all good news! :)
~Bony End of Story~
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I'm going to be away for a conference in the UK. My internet access will be limited till the 23 September.

Roy
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

My travels now appear to be over (for a couple of months). I'm catching up on delayed house and family activities that backed up while I was traveling. And tonight should be my last long-night of work--there's been a lot of these lately.

So Phew! I should be back writing this week.

Job.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Mr. Handy in person in Philadelphia this past weekend. We met at a nearby game store, then had dinner, and then were able to take a few hours to play the Mage Knight boardgame. It was great fun! Thanks Mr. Handy for meeting my daughter Rachel and I! I hope that we get to do it again sometime soon, and maybe at an upcoming game conference--I'm still trying to align my work calendar so that I can go the the Con, but can't yet confirm.

So, can I blame my low posting rate this past week on Mr. Handy? :P

This coming weekend is looking pretty open, so I should be able to catch up on things and get a little momentum with the story.

Job.

P.S. The Mage Knight boardgame is a lot of fun! It's a bit complicated, but had lots of fun options and action. I'll definitely be playing it again.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! I'm glad you had fun, and I'm looking forward to gaming with you and Rachel again. I hope you're able to rearrange things so that you can go to Morristown. Sure, you can blame your low posting rate on me, as long as I can blame mine on you. :P I am getting my games moving again now, though. I have a three-day weekend coming up, so I should be able to keep them going. I might even be able to start The Shadow Over Dunwich, the third game in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, though I still have a lot of preparation to complete and two new players still haven't created characters. If Rachel is interested, I can fit her in too, and the same goes for you, of course.

Mage Knight is an awesome game, and the rules become second nature once you're used to them. I hadn't played in months, so I'd forgotten some of them, but I did recall them when I needed them. The full game takes even longer and has even more complexity. There's the conquest of cities, which may look impossible at first glance, but you can eventually get powerful enough to take them on singlehandedly - or you can team up with other players to take them down. Once a city is conquered, you can interact with it in various ways. There are also the full set of advanced actions and the elite units. One of the great things about this game (and about all of this designer's games) is that it gives you so many choices. There are multiple ways to play the game, all of them valid and potentially leading to victory.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ewoklord
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Ewoklord »

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, I've been trying to keep up with what's going on, and I'm just a bit unsure on how to jump in to the action. I'll just try to follow someone else for a while or something to get the hang of things.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Hi Ewok i know how hard it can be to start up posting on a game that has gone on as long this has.
My advice is to trow yourself into it. If you make mistakes im pretty sure the IC characters of us all will tell your character what is what and how it fits together. In just some few pages ( :lol: ) your char will be up and running and with some sort of relationship to some of the other character.

-A
~Bony End of Story~
Ewoklord
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Ewoklord »

Alright, thanks.
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

Phew! Just recovering from a flu.

Ewoklord, yep, just jump in! The water's warm. :)

Job.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Im traveling to visitit my dying father in Chile today. I do not know if im going to have access to internet, so if im off the grid a two weeks time you now know why.

-A
~Bony End of Story~
Job
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Job »

I'm still here! Sorry for my lack of posting lately. With my recent illness, workload, and prep for Hurricane Sandy, I've been forced offline for a bit. I expect to be back in operation soon.

Job.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll be away and unable to post November 2-4 and November 9-18.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Back. :)
~Bony End of Story~
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I'll be away from 2.11 - 8.11 with limited internet access.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."

Return to “Job's Beyond the Mountains of Madness”