Character Creation

Character creation and general pre-game banter.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

imme wrote: DecrepitThis could have either resulted in a friendship between the two characters, or there may have been little interaction, but your character would still be closely tied to the Downings.

You can go whichever way you like Decrepit, but a close friend of Elizabeth would be easier to explain in the party than someone who just has ties to her family.
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

Raiko, the character sheet you posted has the base skill level for Credit Rating as 25%. My (possibly outdated) CoC book has it at 15%. Do I really have 10 more points than I thought I did? :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

imme wrote: Raiko, the character sheet you posted has the base skill level for Credit Rating as 25%. My (possibly outdated) CoC book has it at 15%. Do I really have 10 more points than I thought I did? :D

No sorry. :oops:

I'll correct any mistakes on the tempate.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

It should all be correct now.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by coffee demon »

Question:

Do I roll 3D6 for each Characteristic, or are we using some other method? Or is that the "110 Attribute Points" you're talking about? If so, that would apply to STR, DEX, INT, CON, APP, POW, SIZ, and EDU?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

coffee demon wrote: Question:

Do I roll 3D6 for each Characteristic, or are we using some other method? Or is that the "110 Attribute Points" you're talking about? If so, that would apply to STR, DEX, INT, CON, APP, POW, SIZ, and EDU?

No you don't roll 3d6.

Yes you spend the 110 points on your attributes, within their normal ranges (eg STR 3-18, SIZ 8-18, EDU 6-21, etc).

Then modify EDU & the physical attributes normally for age.
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

I’m going to need to carve up Johnny’s background a bit.
Right now I have a lot of text from his crippled San Francisco PI and some notes on the new character (who is probably not going to have been a police officer but more of a trained criminologist/lawyer/aide).

Raiko’s got the old character sheet; and I don’t plan on deviating from it too much.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've decided to allow one more player into the game.

Hello warhammer!

I really am too nice to be a CoC Keeper. :twisted:

I'm not sure if you can all think where your party is a little weak.

I'd say you could do with an academic type, but I've not seen Decrepit's doctor so I don't know.
warhammer
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by warhammer »

Hey all,

Thanks for letting me in. 8)

I'll submit a character concept within the next few hours.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

woohoo

Post by coffee demon »

The more the merrier! Welcome!

Andrei is actually an ex-Military Officer. His strengths will be Persuade, Law, Navigation, and Languages. He's also a big man, but doesn't have a lot of experience fighting. He can drive a car, but probably not perfectly.

I have a feeling we're a little short on the History/Academic side of things.

Lets see:
2 x soldier/pilots (prob. good with guns, airplane pliots, one is a con-artist?)
1 x military officer (law, navigation, politics, big and strong)
1 x dilettante (jack of all-trades, a bit? some History background i thought)
1 x PI (martial arts, investigative skills)
1 x doctor

Yeah, we're definitely missing out on the academic. Would be nice if you knew how to drive a car, maybe, but if not I'm sure we'll find a way. We can always hire a driver, there's a bit of money in the group :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

There are actually at least two good drivers in the team already. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

How's everyone doing?

I'm hoping to begin on Wednesday, if everybody's submitted a character by then. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

If anybody needs any help give me a shout.

I'll review the character sheets that I've already received later today.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

I'm going to finish my character Sunday night. Hopefully that gives us enough time?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

That's fine. :)
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Just Curious

Post by coffee demon »

Raiko, do you have Character Sheets for eveyone but me? There hasn't been a lot of talk in this thread in the last few days... I hope everyone's still gung-ho about playing!
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

Gung-ho and itching to start! :)
thewhatchamacallit
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by thewhatchamacallit »

Agreed, I'm all set, just waiting patiently.
If you can be strong at the worst of times; you'll be invincible in the best.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Raiko, I'm pm'ing my proposed character--Dr. Caroline Ward, a medical doctor whose career has been aided greatly by Elizabeth and her family. I'll still have to figure out the connection to some of the other characters.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

coffee demon wrote: Raiko, do you have Character Sheets for eveyone but me? There hasn't been a lot of talk in this thread in the last few days... I hope everyone's still gung-ho about playing!

Sorry I’m always busy at weekends, I’ve got a big family :)
I always manage to read new posts over the weekend, but sometimes I struggle to post myself. I post a lot during the week though.

I’ve received a character sheet from everyone except Coffee Demon & Decrepit so far. Imme’s and Warhammer’s characters are complete unless they want to modify anything themselves. The other three had minor comments to resolve before we start.

EDIT: I’ve just got Decrepit’s character while I was writing this.

Laraqua: Maksim Mikhailovich Rukov, Russian aviator, twin brother of Timour (submitted)
Thewhatchamacallit: Timour Arseni Rukov, former Russian aviator, twin brother of Maksim (submitted)
Imme: Elizabeth Downing, New York dilettante (submitted, accepted)
coffee demon: Andrei, Former Russian soldier, Courting Elizabeth
Decrepit: Caroline Ward Doctor, close friend of Elizabeth(Submitted)
Grafster: Johnny Wong Former PI, works for Elizabeth's Family, Chaperone (submitted)
Warhammer: Thomas Allan, Lawyer (submitted, accepted)

Warhammer’s lawyer Thomas Allan needs to have a connection with the other characters, he tends to look after the interests of the “little guys” so he isn’t likely to work for Elizabeth’s family. He’s also from a humble background so he’s not a school friend.

He does speak good French so maybe he met Elizabeth and/or Andrei there. He’s also got good enough Credit Rating to have initially met her at a party or other function (he could even make it a ‘love pentagon’ ;)). Maybe he’s a friend of Decrepit’s doctor, and so also knows Elizabeth through her. His knowledge of Hieroglyphics means he could have met Elizabeth in Egypt, or through her interest in classics.

I’d prefer all the characters to have a connection to either Elizabeth or Andrei (I’m assuming that the Rukov twins are friends of Andrei rather than Elizabeth). We need to get you all together over 2-3 days as a result of one Telegram addressed to Elizabeth.

Decrepit: You said in your PM that you were thinking of connections to the other characters, this isn’t necessary as you only need to know Elizabeth. Though you can think of a link if you like.

One more thing, imme asked for help selecting a hunting rifle for Elizabeth, I’m going to have a look, but if anybody is more knowledgeable about 1920s weapons please suggest something. :)

Everyone can start to post their characters into the "Cast of Characters" thread now, this will help to finalise the connections between characters.

It's better for you to post your own characters than for me to do it, as then we can both edit them when necessary.

Return to “Pre-Game Chatter”