IC-Ep 1-Prison in Space(TARDIS crew/Karin/Security officers)

Story and his companions arrive on Styx Base and are apprehended by security forces, while Captain Juliette Desjardins makes a startling discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Prison in Space(TARDIS crew/Karin/Security officers)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alison Silver poked in her head from the antechamber. "Sergeant Kohl?" she said. "I just got a call from Major Orlova in Tertiary Storage. They've been unable to gain entry to the blue box. She wants to know if any of the intruders had a key on them when we searched them. You know, I don't believe we did actually search them."

Karin found that there was barely enough room in the cell for her and Story. It was extremely awkward to examine him under the circumstances, but not impossible.
OOC,Yes, good idea to describe yourselves. The Styx Base crew all wear uniforms of the United Earth Peace Forces with rank insignia, but their appearances will of course vary. [b]Story[/b] being described as older does mean he looks older than [b]Lucius[/b] (I'd guess he appears to be in his forties). However, in reality [b]Story[/b] is much older than he looks, though still young by Time Lord standards. [b]Karin[/b], please roll Medicine.
Lucius Verres,[b]Lucius[/b] found that the bed, if one could call it that, did not budge. Neither did the other fixtures. They were embedded in the walls. Their captors had seemed determined not to let their prisoners have anything that might be used as a weapon. He could not see any devices other than the one he had already detected, but it might simply have been that he did not know for what he was looking. The walls, while thin enough to hear through if he made an effort, were made of solid, strong metal of some sort, stronger even than iron. He did, however, see a ventilation grating in the ceiling. He had reasoned correctly that the air he was breathing had to be coming from somewhere. Even if he could get it open, and even if his captors didn't notice, it would be a very tight squeeze.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Karin smiles back."I'm sure we can get you some refreshments. Tea perhaps? Before that though I would like to evaluate your health. Standard protocol I'm afraid." Karin turns round and opens the bag which folds out to reveal what looks like a small monitor with sockets and some cables and a few other bits and pieces. She pulls out a material band about 25cm long."It is very simple. I would need to wrap this around your wrist for about 30 seconds. It will send back readings to the processor. Can I sit beside you on the bunk and put it on your left wrist? I'm sorry there's not much room in here."
Karin,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3218188/]1d100=32medicine(70)[/url]
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

"What are you doing to Story?!" Brook calls from her cell, straining to hear what's going on. "Don't you dare hurt him!"
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Heinrich turns toward Robert. "Pvt. Macrimmon, can you see if the newcomers need any food or water, and run to the cafeteria to pick up anything needed?"

"I'll ask," Heinrich called to Pvt. Silver down the hall. Much as I'm loathe to do anything for that woman... Then, towards the cells, "How do you get into the transport device? Key? Some other method?"

Then he walks over to Brook's cell and opens the observation window. "Don't worry, nothing that'll harm him. Just a routine scan, to make sure you haven't picked up any illnesses or anything on your travels."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook sits back down, not quite reassured. "You'll have to bring us to get in..." she says quietly.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius heard some commotion, and heard concern about entry to the T.A.R.D.I.S., but it didn't involve him. He had no access to give. He certainly wouldn't tell them how it opened after being treated like a criminal.
Handy,What about the bedding material. Does the mattress move? Are there sheets? Blankets? Pillow? Do they have towels for drying your hands after washing? Do they have cups to drink out of? Sorry to be such a pain about this, but if I'm being held captive, I want to know everything that I have access to so I might be able to improvise some sort of weaponry.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

"By all means Captain you may run your scans." Story allows Karin to attach the device.

Upon hearing Brook's concern Story calls out "Everything is alright, no need to worry."

"Sergeant any attempt to gain entry into my transport device is unlawful, a breach of privacy and most of all a serious violation to our potential friendship. I'm sorry but attempting to gain entry without my consent and behind my back as you have thus far does not incline me to cooperate."
Handy,I assume like the Doctor's TARDIS in the classic series that my TARDIS has a metabolism detector on the lock; the very thing that even with the key stopped the good Brigadier from gaining access in Spearhead from Space.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Right away, Sarge," said Robert MacCrimmon. He went down to Elizabeth's cell first and opened the door. "Would you like something to eat and drink, Miss?" he asked.
Story,Yes, that's right. The TARDIS will only open for someone it's been keyed to recognize (you or your companions).
Lucius Verres,There is no bedding material. The "bed" is just an uncomfortable metal slab jutting out of the wall. No sheets, no blankets, no pillow. There are no towels or cups (there is an automatic hand-drying device above the sink, however). The sink operates automatically when it senses something underneath the faucets. There is a roll of toilet paper in a niche in the wall next to the toilet on a thin, cylindrical metal holder.
Karin Bauer,At first [b]Story[/b] seemed to [b]Karin[/b] to be merely a fairly healthy human being, but when she checked his heartbeat, she detected a faint echo. After further listening to his chest, she discovered to her shock that he actually had two hearts! [spoiler][b]Karin[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed or only 1 if you fail.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin takes out a packet and applies a liner to the band. She attaches it securely to Story's arm and activates the machine. She watches for the readings.
Story,There is a increase of pressure as the band tightens around your wrist, also the faintest of skin-pricks.
'This tests for blood pressure,type and count. Mineral composition and for any viruses, bacterium etc. Where was your last port of call Mr. Story? " Karin frowns as various charts are displayed."Strange. That's not right." She takes out a stethoscope and puts the end on Story's chest."We'll have to do it the old fashioned way..." She listens."No, that's impossible." She lowers her voice.
Story,[i]"Mr. Story. Tell me. Do you have two hearts?"[/i]
Karin,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3220245/]1d100=49[/url]Sanity (55%)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius plays with the sink for a while... amazed that the faucet is so smart it can tell when his hand was close by.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles at the security guard, glad to see a friendly face again. "Yes please. Maybe some water to drink, and something light to eat, maybe a sandwich or something like that?" She wonders what sort of food they eat here in the far future, so is unsure what to ask for.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius calls out through the walls, "Hey... their sink ... it's smart. Lets the water out all by itself. I think it can read my thoughts!" He pauses a few seconds, then says, "Nope... scratch that. But it does pour water when I need to wash my hands."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story re-adjusts himself. "Last port of call... London England, Earth."

Leaning in close Story says:
Karin,[color=#0000FF]"Your medical readings are correct Captain. You have nothing to fear...trust me."[/color]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Robert smiled back at Elizabeth. "Right, I can get you that, no problem," he said. "I'm afraid I'm gonna have to lock the door again before I go ask your friends what they'd like. Is there anything else you need?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Story,[i]"I've heard of people with two heads so it's possible, I guess, and you seem fine for all that."[/i] Karin gives him a sharp look.[i]"Though what it must be like for you when you're in love I can't imagine." [/i]
Karin begins to pack up the box."Well Mr. Story you are fit and healthy so thank you very much for your cooperation. There weren't any plagues in London last I heard so that's good. What are your plans now that you are on Pluto? If you weren't in these cells that is."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"No, I'm fine, thank you." says Elizabeth.
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"When you're done with Story, Captain, I'd like to speak with him if I may," says Heinrich.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"You'd think they would have given us blankets and pillows at least... do they really expect us to sleep on a slab of metal?" Lucius called from the next cell.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"I don't know...The colonel was a meanie, so probably..." Brook answers from the next cell.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Looks at Karin. "Help your people the best that we can while we are here I suppose." Rubs his wrist. "You have been a fantastic doc. Great bedside manner...thank you." Smiles.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge

Return to “Episode 1”