IC-Ep 1-Heavy Metal(Edward Barrett only)

Story and his companions arrive on Styx Base and are apprehended by security forces, while Captain Juliette Desjardins makes a startling discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 1-Heavy Metal(Edward Barrett only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Geology Lab - Styx Base, Pluto
0625 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

Lt. Edward Barrett turned to the sample after George Bond left. It was time to analyze the metal.
OOC,[b]Edward[/b], please roll Chemistry.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Ep 1-Heavy Metal(Edward Barrett only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Edward began to analyze the strange metal. It was slow going, but he was making progress.

An announcement came over the loudspeaker: "Attention all personnel," said the voice of the base commander. "This is General Pryce. I have some good news. Captain Desjardins, while out on patrol, has found and recovered the Persephone, the first ship to land on Pluto. There is as of yet no sign of what happened to her crew. However, the captain also encountered unknown, intelligent alien creatures near the ship. We are not alone on Pluto. I will let you know when we have further information."
OOC,For more information about the [i]Persephone[/i], you should read the Introduction thread if you haven't already.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Edward finished making his preliminary analysis of the strange metal. As he thought, it was completely unknown on Earth. It was actually an alloy composed of a few different metals. One of the metals he identified as titanium, but the others were unlike anything he had seen before. The metal alloy was remarkably strong and durable, able to stand up to the ravages of both a hostile environment and of time, though it was lightweight. It could have a number of applications where it was important to build something to last. Perhaps even starship hulls could be composed of this metal...if more of it could be found and mined.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Collector
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Collector »

Edward finished recording his analysis of the alloy. After stowing his notebook and the sample safely, he tried to hail Major Natalia Orlova via the intercom system. Being his direct superior his requests would have to go through the Major. Edward was hoping to get more information on where exactly Captain Desjardins had gathered the sample, and if a larger scale survey could be conducted to ascertain the abundance and distribution of the alloy.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I do not know where precisely she found it," replied Major Orlova. "There were numerous samples collected, all labeled. Your best bet is to ask her yourself when she gets back. Currently she's out retrieving the Demeter. We do have the means to conduct a larger survey and even small-scale mining operations. Why, did you find something interesting?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Collector
Layman
Layman

Post by Collector »

"well yes actually," replied Edward, "the sample of rock Captain Desjardins brought back contained an alloy, part titanium, part something else. I will have to characterize the unknown metal further but it is very light and very strong."

Edward hesitated, he was going to comment on the odd rock formations depicted in the photographs he had been given. Something made him stop, he did not want to discuss them and wished now he had not done so with George.

"Once we know more from the Captain, any chance I can get out to see the site myself?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Something like that could be very useful," replied the major. "Yes, I think a visit to the site could be arranged once Captain Desjardins returns. If we can find a large enough deposit of this metal, we may be able to do something useful with it. Is there anything else?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Collector
Layman
Layman

Post by Collector »

"No Major that's all."

Edward turned from the intercom and went back to his work station. Picked up the photograph he and George had previously been studying and pocketed it. Then he went to leave his laboratory and head down to the docking bay. He wanted to be there when Captain Desjardins got back, he needed more information about the site the samples and photograph had come from.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Edward[/b] is moving to the thread linked below.
The Empty Dock
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1”