IC-Ep 1-Uninvited Guests(TARDIS crew/Heinrich/Robert/Alison)

Story and his companions arrive on Styx Base and are apprehended by security forces, while Captain Juliette Desjardins makes a startling discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Re: IC-Ep 1-Uninvited Guests(TARDIS crew/Heinrich/Robert/Alison)

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"I suppose keeping them shut off isn't quite so relevant anymore," Heinrich agrees, as he radios Bruce. "We've got them in custody, Lieutenant-Colonel. They seem most compliant. Can you flip the lights back on from there, please? We'll be bringing them up in a moment." After he's done, he turns to the older man, who was apparently the leader of this little band. "Perhaps you don't have any method of harming us and your intentions are indeed peaceful, as you say. But as we're not exactly sure how or why you're here... well, in our line of work, it doesn't pay to take people's word on things. As to the restraints, look at things from our view. It wouldn't be exactly in our best interests to bring unknown persons before my superior unrestrained. On behalf of the staff here, I apologize for any inconvenience it may cause, but I'm sure you understand." He leans down, grabs the dagger Lucius tossed on the floor, and tucks it into his belt. "For safe keeping."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook huffs. "So you'd rather show your superior officer you were so scared of four unarmed people, of which two are girls, that you had to tie them up? Real macho."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Nods at Heinrich then looks at Brook and smiles "Sometimes the best thing to do is let events unfold as they will." Extends his hands in front of him to be cuffed.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Umbrageofsnow
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by Umbrageofsnow »

Private MacCrimmon glares at Lucius.

"Och, your boss over there's cooperating. Noo put your hands behind yer back an' let me cuff you. Promise I'll be gentle. But we hafta cuff uninvited guests until we can figure how they got here. But I ain't no jessie and if you don't cooperate you'll find out what happens when I'm not feelin' gentle.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Don't be alarmed Brook," says Elizabeth. "I'm sure we won't have to wear the cuffs for long."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Heinrich Kohl/Alison Silver/Robert MacCrimmon,"Well done, Sergeant," replied [b]Bruce[/b] on the security officers' radio. "Turning on the lights now."
The lights came back on, illuminating the storage room and the corridor once again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"But what if they're slavers...." Brook murmurs. "I don't.....like....being tied..." She swallows hard, trying not to think of Rome. A couple of treacherous tears manage to sneak their way past her darkly mascara'ed lashes, though, and she angrily wipes them away.
Last edited by Thorn on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Umbrageofsnow
Layman
Layman

Post by Umbrageofsnow »

"We're not slavers, we're Security Officers, lass. And we promise we'll let ya go when we're sure you aren't here to hurt us or sabotage the base." says Private MacCrimmon, looking a bit frustrated and a bit sheepish.

"Now, youse all just stay still and let us restrain you so we can bring ya to our commander. None of us have the authority to let you go anyway."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook stands still, but keeps her hands in front of her, not wanting to be handcuffed behind her back. "Fine....I didn't know I looked so dangerous. But I guess if you guys really think I have the power to sabotage your space station or whatever, with no weapons and under armed guard, I should take it as a compliment."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius laughed, recalling how Professor Exeter's wife seemed more dangerous than he did. He didn't comment on what he thought was funny though. He lost the smile quickly and then asked the others as he placed his hands behind his back in preparation for the manacles "If you would be so compliant as to inform us whom you suspect we might be that is so untrustworthy? Do you often have people breaking into your compound?"
Umbrageofsnow
Layman
Layman

Post by Umbrageofsnow »

Private MacCrimmon cuffs Lucius as soon as he gets his hands into position,
"Who ye are is exactly what we want tae know. Naebdy 'as ever done it before. So ye can see why we could be a wee bit interested.

He moves over and gently cuffs Brook, while keeping a cautious eye on the young man, still watching him more than anyone else.

"Sarge, soon as ye finish tyin' up the old man, we'll be ready to move all three down to holding."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded, "I can understand the mistrust then. Why, should strangers have infiltrated the Roman encampments, our generals... ahem, their generals would have been equally as perplexed and cautious." He looked to the others, "We should try to be cooperative. There is nothing to fear as long as we are forthcoming and peaceful."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles at Lucius. "Agreed."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"I am being cooperative," Brook says indignantly. "It's them who keep nagging and pointing guns!"
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Not exactly nagging," Heinrich says, "but at any rate, come this way." He starts leading the two other security officers and the newcomers through the corridors and back towards the main security center.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Looks at his companions. "Everything will be alright." Clears thought and in a deep voice says. "Take us to your leader." Then Story smiles at the security officers. "Sorry... its just I've always wanted to say that."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Story's comment at least brings a smile to Brook's face. She smirks a little, and comments:"Just don't go claiming your someone's father, that never goes down well." Turning to the scottish bloke, she grins: "Aren't you a little short to be a storm trooper?"
Umbrageofsnow
Layman
Layman

Post by Umbrageofsnow »

MacCrimmon doesn't appear to be an aficionado of old movies, so he looks confused for just a moment, before bowing dramatically and waving the three intruders through the storage room door and out into the hallway.

"I dinnae what yer talkin' aboot but follow close behind the Sarge please. Private Silver and I will take up the rear. Naebdy wander off."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Heinrich led the way, followed by Story, Elizabeth, Lucius, and Brook. Robert and Alison brought up the rear. They marched out of the storage room and around the corridor to the right, passing one airlock before stopping at another. Heinrich pressed his hand against the lockplate next to it, and the airlock opened. There was barely room for the seven of them. Since there was an atmosphere on either side of the airlock, there was no need to adjust the pressure. All the security officers had to do was to seal the inner door before opening the outer one. Beyond it was a lengthy tunnel, and at the end of that was another airlock through which the group passed. Everyone emerged into a round corridor curving away forward to the left and right. Another hall led directly forward, and it was this one that they followed. It ended at an intersection with another round corridor. On the far side of the intersection was a closed door. The group turned left, walking around the curve past a closed door on the left and another hallway leading off to the left past that, like the spoke of a wheel. Continuing on, they soon reached a spot where there were closed doors to the left and right. Heinrich turned left and opened the door the same way that he had opened the airlock doors.

The party progressed inside, where it found itself in an antechamber with a bank of video monitors and a door on the far end. A tall man, about forty years old with gray hair, who was not quite as big as Heinrich, sat there. He wore a black uniform that was like the other security officers', but much more decorated. He stood up and nodded. "Thank you, Sergeant," he said in an Australian accent. He spoke into a radio. "This is Lt. Colonel Bruce. The intruders are in custody, and nobody is injured. You may stand down from alert and resume your normal duties." Then he addressed the prisoners. "I have some questions for you, and you're going to bloody well answer them. Who are you people, who do you work for, how did you get here, how did you gain access to this facility, and what is your purpose in coming here?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

When they passed through the small airlock area, Lucius looked around a bit confused, "What a small and pointless room. Not even any room to leave your shoes, or hang a cloak."

When the captors were opening doors and leading the group, Lucius was paying close attention. He wanted to know how to open these strange metal doors too, and he wanted to remember the way back to the Tardis. He kept a look out for maps of the area they were walking in.

Once inside the antechamber, Lucius looked at the video monitors and saw then just how it was they knew he had hidden his dagger. They had special windows that allowed them to see distant areas like they were right behind the glass. Clearly, Lucius was impressed. He would approach the monitors as close as he could to get a better inspection of this strange alien technology. "This is ... amazing," he said in wonder. "It's as if..." he leaned to the left and right to view behind the monitors, then looked back directly at the picture on the monitor, "I could almost reach out and touch it." He looked at Story and asked for confirmation, "Magic or science?"

Looking to Lt. Colonel Bruce and the man's confounded stare back at him made Lucius snap to for the moment, "Oh, hello Bruce. I am Lucius. Do you think you could tell the others to remove our manacles? It's a mite uncomfortable."

Return to “Episode 1”