IC-Ep 1-Uninvited Guests(TARDIS crew/Heinrich/Robert/Alison)

Story and his companions arrive on Styx Base and are apprehended by security forces, while Captain Juliette Desjardins makes a startling discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Uninvited Guests(TARDIS crew/Heinrich/Robert/Alison)

Post by Thorn »

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC Psychology roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3200703/]Rolling Psychology (stat 41%) about Lt. Colonel Bruce (1d100=92)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius Verres/Story,[b]Lt. Colonel Bruce[/b] was a man who took his job and himself very seriously, and the scars he bore showed he had seen action. He seemed full of determination and was not someone with whom to be trifled. He seemed to bear particular ill will towards [b]Lucius[/b] for his temerity and disrespect, not to mention his apparent alien sympathies. His hatred for aliens themselves was apparent.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

laughing,Yeah... like we needed a psychology roll to figure that much out.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story asks the Sergeant "What will Lt. Colonel Bruce do about the aliens? Will they be treated like us? You know we can be of assistance to this base and your commanders in making contact especially in light of the Lt. Colonel's feelings. After all he's not exactly fond of non-human species is he?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks at the holding cells, frowning worriedly. "These cells are very small...Don't you have a big one that we can all fit in? Or a cafeteria, that'd be nice..."
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"I don't know," Heinrich says to Story. "I suppose it depends on exactly what Juliette's... I mean Captain Desjardins' encounter with them was like. And I'll keep that proposal in mind." The sergeant turns towards the entire assembly. "Unfortunately, no, there's not any larger ones." He opens four of the doors (those adjacent to each other) and ushers the four newcomers in. "Myself and the two privates will be on duty at the desk we passed in shifts, so there'll always be at least one of us here."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Story... every time we go somewhere, we run into something dangerous. If this is the same situation, then you can bet that alien they found will not be so friendly as us. And in these cells, we'll be easy pickings. Maybe you should come clean with them and let them know you can help as an intermediary of sorts?" Lucius suggested, unappreciative of the idea of being pinned up in some small cage while some alien creature might come around feasting on people one at a time.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Hey, you said you'd take these off!" Brook holds up her cuffed hands.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes we've cooperated. Please remove the handcuffs." says Elizabeth,
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Stops before entering the cell and looks at Lucius. "Perhaps you're right." Turning to the Sergeant. "Sergeant our arrival here was an accident. However, now that we are here we can help. Trust me the last person you want to be in talks with an unknown alien is a anti-alien human. Let me reason with it on behalf of your people; that way none of you have to be put at risk. I've been traveling the cosmos since you were but a baby. I've seen things that would drive the human mind mad. I've traveled far greater distances than you or your military could dream of traveling. And that is why I'm not being jailed like some kind of a petty criminal. You either accept my... er our assistance or let us go."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Heinrich Kohl,[b]Heinrich[/b] heard [b]Captain Karin Bauer[/b] speak on the hands-free radio attached to his ear: "[b]Sergeant Kohl[/b], this is [b]Captain Bauer[/b] at the lab. I'd like to examine the intruders with a medical scanner and am heading down to the brig now. Will there be someone to accompany me in the cells? Over." Standard procedure was to remove the prisoners' cuffs when placing them in a cell.
OOC,There aren't four cells next to each other. There are three cells in a row down the hall to the left, and three in a row down the hall to the right.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"All three of us are down here at present, Capt. Bauer," says Heinrich in response to the message. "We'll be awaiting your arrival." He clicks off the radio and turns to the assembly. "A member of our medical staff would like to come down and run some routine scans. She's on her way and should be here shortly." He nods at Story's offer. "Sounds good to me. We don't need to be making another enemy if there's not one yet."
OOC,Heinrich had uncuffed the Tardis crew when I opened the cells. I just forgot to mention it. Sorry.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook rubs her wrists after the cuffs are taken off. She looks at the tiny cells with despair.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius waits to be directed to a cell and offers no resistance. Who knows, perhaps inside the cell is the safest place to be when the alien decides it's hungry.
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Heinrich and the other security officers usher Brook, Lucius and Story into the three northernmost cells and Elizabeth into one of the southern ones. "If you'll just wait here a few moments, myself and the others are going into the security center out front to await Capt. Bauer's arrival. Story, I'll relay your proposal to the Lieutenant Colonel."
OOC,Calls Lt.-Col. Bruce and tells him of Story's desire to work as an intermediary or ambassador trying to ensure a friendly, or at least non-hostile, interface with the aliens.
OOC 2,What are the doors on the cells like? Secure doors like the airlocks or barred like a jail cell?
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook sits down quietly, pulling her knees up and crossing her arms around them. She leans her head on her knee, and closes her eyes.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius takes the moment to see if he can tell what captures those moving pictures that he saw in the other room. If he could identify one, he would hopefully be able to tell if he was in the picture, and where he could stand so he was not immediately observable.

"Say," he asks the others (assuming we can talk to each other still), "What do we do if we have to ... relieve ourselves?"
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth looks around her cell before sitting down to wait patiently.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Call the guards, I guess..." Brook answers Lucius, if she can hear him.

Return to “Episode 1”