IC-Ep 1-Uninvited Guests(TARDIS crew/Heinrich/Robert/Alison)

Story and his companions arrive on Styx Base and are apprehended by security forces, while Captain Juliette Desjardins makes a startling discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Uninvited Guests(TARDIS crew/Heinrich/Robert/Alison)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Lucius who?" said Lt. Colonel Bruce. "I need full names! And you will address me as Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel, or sir. The handcuffs will be removed when you're placed in holding cells, but first I want satisfactory answers to my questions."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Looks at Lucius "Science." Turns his attention to the Lt Colonel. "Good day... or is it evening? Anyways, how do you do? My name is Story and this are my companions - Lucius, Brook and Elizabeth. Holding cells will not be nessacary, thank you though. We mean you no harm I assure you. Our arrival here was a complete and utter accident."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bruce snorted. "How stupid do you think I am?" he snapped, glaring at Story and his companions. "People don't come to Pluto by accident! And I said I want full names! I'll be the one to decide whether or not holding cells are necessary, so you'd better cooperate and answer my questions!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"My name is Elizabeth Young," said Elizabeth, "and I can assure you that what Story said about our arrival is true, although he can maybe explain more fully than I could." She looks around her, taking in the scene, still impressed, despite previous TARDIS travels, by the futuristic technology.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Lucius Verses", the Roman responded. "I guess you could say we are just on holiday, exploring. As for who I work for, I guess that would be Story, except he isn't paying me. It is sort of a mutual exchange of services. He helps me, I help him."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

"Brook Davies....I don't work for anyone. I occasionally help out, of course, but that's not the same thing. And we weren't even coming here, we were supposed to go somewhere else. So that would be a no to the question of purpose, no purpose. If I were purposefully going to a planet, I think Pluto would be a ways down the list. No offence. Although...When we arrive somewhere, even by accident, I've found it's usually somewhere we're supposed to be." She looks at Story. "Isn't it?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Looks at Brook "I'd like to think so." Looks back at Bruce "As I said my name is Story... that's my name, nothing more nothing less. We arrived here via our transportation. Sadly even though I'm the pilot she tends to be in control and takes us where she wants to go. Usually as Brook pointed out to help."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

A puzzled look crosses Heinrich's face, his brow furrowed. The transport brought them here? "If I may, Lieutenent-Colonel... are we to assume that the blue box decided you should come to Pluto? What sort of machinery is this thing? Some sort of artificial intelligence?"
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Oh, I don't think it's artificial.." Brook comments.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius asked, "If I might be so inquisitive... what is the date?" He felt the eyes of curiosity fall on him - and recognized the question was a bit odd (even if he recognized it a hair too late). "We've come a long distance. I'd like to know how long it took us."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Looks at Heinrich "It's complicated Sergeant."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bruce nodded when Sergeant Kohl asked his question. "We ask the questions," he said to Lucius. "You answer them." He then looked at Story. "You had better explain, complicated or not. I find it very hard to believe anyone could come to Pluto unintentionally. It is extremely far from any other object in the solar system, other than its own moons. I also cannot believe that you do not choose your own destinations. Your arrival here only a few weeks after our own cannot be a coincidence. Now, how does your craft work? What are its capabilities? How was it able to arrive here undetected?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Returns his attention to the Colonel. "Our craft is an experimental personal T-Mat chamber. It's a prototype that my companions and I have been building for sometime now. Our accidentally arrival is probably more user error than anything else. I haven't exactly mastered the controls." Smiles. "As to not detecting us... I have no answer for that." Continues to stare at Lt Col Bruce.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"There's no need to be rude, Bruce," Lucius stated and he turned his attention back to the security monitors. "If you decide to take us prisoner, or charge us with some sort of infraction, you would have to declare some sort of authority over us. Do you own this Pluto? Are we supposed to run our travel itinerary through you before coming to this place of Pluto? I sincerely doubt it. If you intend on imprisoning us, do you have the resources to house all of us indefinitely? I doubt that too. This place is apparently quite remote, which means you most likely supply your own food and water, perhaps enough just for your company." Lucius smiled feeling like he was getting somewhere with his train of thought and looked back to the commander. "If our trespassing is so disturbing to you to make you treat us so poorly - like the city of Troy treated the Greeks, then I suggest you let us go now. We will climb back in our ... craft, and sail away. You won't hear from us again. No harm done." He shrugged and said "The Troy wars might have been avoided if some humility and kindness were shown at the beginning, don't you think?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're the one who's being impolite," said the security chief. "That's Lt. Colonel Bruce to you. I've already told you how to address me. My paramount concern is the security of this base and its crew, and your illegal entry into it points out a flaw in our security. Even if your presence here is entirely innocent, which has yet to be proven, we must understand exactly how you came to be here to prevent others from just popping in. As for my authority, I am a high-ranking officer in the United Earth Peace Forces. Our jurisdiction encompasses the entire solar system, including Pluto, and we derive our authority from Alexander Kaiser himself. We claimed Pluto for Earth last year when Captain Kowalski landed upon its surface for the first time. So, yes, we do own Pluto, and all human beings must answer to our great leader. Your disregard of the law makes me wonder if you are perhaps rebels. We mopped them up thoroughly, but there are always some who harbor disloyalty. And you are right to be concerned about our limited supplies of food and water. You are not entitled to them. Whether or not we choose to share them with you depends heavily upon your cooperation." He turned to face Story. "I thought it looked like some sort of T-Mat capsule, but no T-Mat I've ever heard of has anywhere near the range needed to reach Pluto from anywhere else in the solar system. We have tried to avoid relying on T-Mat too much ever since the Ice Warriors used it to attack Earth. You must explain this technology you've developed to our scientific staff."
OOC,[b]Story[/b], you may roll History.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"United Earth? Dont'cha mean United Nations? You mean they united the whole thing? Wow..." Brook looks surprised. "I guess you've encountered aliens, then, since you pointed out your jurisdiction was limited to humans. And what are Ice Warriors? Sir. Lt. Colonel." She adds.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3195992/]History - 40% (1d100=48)[/url]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Some of the things that the security chief said sounded vaguely familiar to Story, but he couldn't quite place them.

"United Nations?" said Lt. Colonel Bruce. "That organization hasn't existed for decades, Ms. Davies. A noble attempt, but one ultimately doomed to failure. United Earth has succeeded where the UN failed. The Ice Warriors are an alien race from Mars that attacked Earth late in the last century, and we've had to fend off other alien attacks in recent decades. I realize that you're young, but surely you must have learned about all of this in school. It's part of the standardized curriculum."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"I....sort of dropped out. But I've learnt much more since I did." She smiles at Story, then looks back at the colonel.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius shrugged, most of what was being talked about was well above his head. But he knew how the military worked ... he knew men in charge would force their authority over everything they came into contact with ... provided they were from the home ground.

"So tell me, Bruce..." Lucius said defiantly "... I take it you have only encountered aggressive aliens. But considering how you treated us thus far... it's no great wonder they became aggressive." He looked at Story and lifted an eyebrow.
ooc: Say,does Story have any of that psycho-majigger paper that Dr. Who has in the shows?

Return to “Episode 1”