IC-Ep 1-Future Shock(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Story and his companions arrive on Styx Base and are apprehended by security forces, while Captain Juliette Desjardins makes a startling discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 1-Future Shock(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Post by Mr. Handy »

TARDIS Control Room
In transit through time and space

The crew of the TARDIS was once again standing around the console in the center of the control room as the time-space vessel approached her destination. The Time Lord Story and Elizabeth Young had fully recovered from the wounds they had received in their last, deadly adventure in London in 1930. Lucius Verres was still wary of all the wonders around him, but he had accepted that these devices were not magical and was able to keep his fears contained. Brook Davies had been shocked by the deaths she had witnessed, but she was bouncing back resiliently. Their encounter with the being called Nephren-Ka had been a frightening one, but they had all come through it in one piece. Still, they couldn't help but feel that things could have gone better. However, there was nothing that could be done about it now. The past was behind them, and the future lay ahead.
OOC,Feel free to talk amongst yourselves and roleplay. I'll let you know when the TARDIS arrives.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Future Shock(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks at all the handles and buttons and little blinking lights with wonder. She turns to Story eagerly. "Where to now, Story? Somewhere beautiful, I hope. Or exciting. Or both! Where and when...." she muses, trailing off. "You know, the question "when are we going" will never have the same meaning again." She trails her fingers along the consoll. "The thirties were okay, I guess, but I can do without ghouls and old mummies. I kinda miss Harry, though. He was ugly as old heck, but I felt like I was in a gangster flick or something around him. Pretty cool."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius sat on a bench nearby the console, sharpening his dagger. "Help me understand this..." he said to anyone who was listening. "We sent the Black Pharaoh back to ancient Egypt, but nothing seemed to have changed around us. Does that mean he was ineffectual in changing the past? Or does it mean that his change of the past had already happened to that timeline and that is why things were the way they were? Or ... " he paused sharpening and looked up asking, "... did things change, and we simply didn't notice the changes? Should we have looked around a bit more?"
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Any of the above, I guess." Brook shrugs. "It's time travel....full of paradoxes. I still don't get it. Fun though." She smiles.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I was puzzled too," says Elizabeth. "I'd assumed that things must have changed when he was sent back, but nothing seems to, or at least nothing we've noticed. Still at least we made it through and the world hasn't ended. I do wonder where we are going next though." With that she looks towards Story and the TARDIS controls, and wonders where he is taking them.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks up from the console at his companions. "Well... I was thinking dinosaurs but I may have over shot that." Scratches head. "I'll let you know where we are when we arrive." Smiles and looks at Lucius. "As to the Nephren-Ka there's no easy answer other than" Shrugs "sometimes it's better not to know.. no need to fret over it."
Mr. Handy,Did I Story ever make Brook a spare key? If not what must I do?
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As the central column moved up and down, the TARDIS began to make its familiar wheezing, groaning noise. Wherever and whenever they were headed, they would be there soon.
OOC,[b]Story[/b], please make a Pilot(TARDIS) roll, at double your skill due to calm conditions. Don't worry too much if you fail the roll. I'd say that a spare TARDIS key already existed, so it would be a simple matter just to give it to [b]Brook[/b]. I'm assuming she returned the sonic screwdriver to you after the last adventure, so it's now on your character sheet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook takes a seat and holds on, waiting for landing. She grins in excitement, humming a tune from Aladdin, the cartoon. "A whole new world...."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

For safety's sake, Lucius sheathed his dagger and put away the sharpening stone. "I know of some Roman officials who ended up dead because 'it was better to just not know'," he muttered to himself as he grabbed on to the bench and prepared for a possibly rough landing.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth takes similar precautions, sitting on the nearest available seat and holding on tight.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story grabs the side of the console as he flips switches, pushes buttons and pulls levers. "Here we go!"
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3179541/]Pilot TARDIS - 20%* (1d100=72)[/url] [i]*Even doubled to 40% it's still a failed roll.[/i]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It was a rougher landing than usual, but everyone had braced adequately for it. The central column stopped moving, indicating that the TARDIS had arrived.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook jumps off her seat, and jogs over to the door. She opens it cautiously and excited, peeking outside.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius stood slowly, making sure the Tardis wasn't going to offer any more bumps by surprise before dedicating himself to the task of heading onward.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Any idea where we are Story, or do we just see for ourselves outside?" asks Elizabeth, as she gets to her feet.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Ah yes... um..." Looks at console. "Hmmm." Looks up at his companions and smiles. "Welcome to the... um..." Looks at the readout and thumps the console. "Just a second." Looks up at Brook. "Brook back inside!" Flips a switch to activate viewing monitor to see the outside world.
Mr. Handy,Did we land on Pluto, a ship in orbit or somewhere far more sinister?
Slight edit to reflect not knowing when or where the TARDIS has landed.
Last edited by jaysun81 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth walks over to the viewing monitor to see what it shows.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story turned on the monitor before Brook reached the door, and his reminder made her realize that she was being hasty. There could have been anything out there. However, the monitor showed a room apparently devoid of people. The visible walls were metallic, and one of them had a concave curvature. There were stacks of black crates that Story and Brook recognized as being made out of plastic. There was also a door in the curved wall, currently closed.
OOC,[b]Story[/b], you do not know where or when you have landed at this point. You can try to check the instruments to narrow it down, and it's probably good to make sure it's safe to go outside anyway. Please make a Navigate roll to see if you have any idea where you are. Only [b]Story[/b] may attempt this roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Hmmm... well I'm not sure where or when we are. But I do see plastic so we've definitely overshot the era of dinosaurs." Ruffles his hair. "I was so hoping for giant lizards." Looks back at the monitor. "It looks like no one is around... who's up for exploring a whole new world as Brook put it?" Smiles.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3181203/]Navigate - 10% (1d100=53)[/url]
Mr Handy,My apologies, I made a slight correct to my previous post to reflect not knowing.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The readings showed that the atmosphere was breathable, a healthy mix primarily of nitrogen and oxygen. Radiation levels were normal, and gravity was about three quarters of that of Earth. It wouldn't be difficult to adjust to it, and moving around would be less stressful.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1”