IC-Ep 1-Introduction(Everyone may read)

Story and his companions arrive on Styx Base and are apprehended by security forces, while Captain Juliette Desjardins makes a startling discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 1-Introduction(Everyone may read)

Post by Mr. Handy »

THE NINTH PLANET
EPISODE 1
Surface of Pluto
1750 GMT - Wednesday, December 23, 2111

The spacecraft Persephone settled down onto the barren surface of Pluto. This ship had left Earth months ago and had been designed to make the long, arduous journey to Pluto and back with a crew of three. Captain Wladyslaw Kowalski set her down gently on a smooth plateau while his crewmates prepared to step outside. The captain performed the final scans of Pluto. Satisfied, he transmitted his findings back to Earth and let them know that they had arrived safely on Pluto. It would be several hours before the message got there.

The copilot, 2nd Lieutenant Maria Carvalho, waited for the captain's nod before getting into the airlock with the engineer, Sergeant Mohammed Kassim. Though Wladyslaw would have liked to be the first to set foot on Pluto, he knew that his duty required him to remain at the controls in case anything unforeseen happened. He kept his eyes on the instruments and the radar screen. After a couple of minutes, he noticed a cluster of dots on the radar screen approaching the ship. "Lieutenant Carvalho!" he said into his radio. "We have several unidentified contacts incoming to our position!"

"I don't see anything," her Brazilian-accented voice replied.

"They're coming in from your blind side, using the ship as cover! Get back inside, Lieutenant!" He watched with horror as the dots converged on Persephone, and then the instruments picked up something else. "I'm getting some unusual energy readings! Do either of you read me? Hello?!" Panic filled his voice and terror his heart.

After an agonizingly long minute, Wladyslaw heard the airlock begin to cycle. "Oh, thank God!" He rose from his seat and walked over to the airlock entrance. "Are you two okay in there?" There was no response, but then the inner airlock door opened. He gaped in shock. "You're not- No! Stay back!" His madness-tinged screams echoed throughout the ship as something reached out for him.
OOC,The crew of Styx Base do not know the fate of the [i]Persephone[/i] and her crew. The message they sent back to Earth upon landing had no indication of anything wrong, and they simply lost contact after that. The official story was that the mission was a success and the ship was lost on the return journey. When [i]Charon's Ferry[/i] arrived to set up the base, no trace of the ship or her occupants was found.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Episode 1”