Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 1-Uninvited Guests(TARDIS crew/Heinrich/Robert/Alison)

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Tertiary Storage - Styx Base, Pluto
0615 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

Story and his companions gradually adjusted their vision to the sudden burst of light. They could see a man standing in the open doorway, a baton in his right hand and a flashlight in his left, which he was shining on them. He was wearing some kind of uniform.

Robert could see the four strangers clearly in the beam of his flashlight. The older man got down on his knees and put his hands behind his head. The woman and the girl sat on the floor, leaning against the blue box with their hands raised. The younger man was scrabbling at the box, desperately trying to open a pair of doors that were set into it, but they did not budge.

Alison and Heinrich remained in the corridor, around the curve.

Re: IC-Ep 1-Uninvited Guests(TARDIS crew/Heinrich/Robert/Alison)

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:06 am
by Umbrageofsnow

Private MacCrimmon shouts to his allies:
"They're nae resisting, get in 'ere and help me."

To the old man and the girls:
"We're gonna hafta detain you while we figure out what's goin' on. But cooperate and don' try to fight back an I'm sure everything'll work out."

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:02 am
by Thorn
"I think the alien is a Scot.." murmurs the teenage girl, squinting at the light. She places a hand in front of her face to shield her eyes.

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:38 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius gives up on the door, and gives it a kick for good measure. Then turns about looking at the light and shades his eyes. "You... with the torch... we're not here to cause any trouble. We're not even really sure where here is. Where are we? Who are you? What do you want from us? Can't you see you're scaring the others?" It was his best attempt to save face after chickening out in a moment of crisis.

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:23 pm
by jaysun81
"Don't worry we have no hostile intentions." Looks around at his friends then back at the man holding the flashlight.

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:43 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Certainly sounds Scottish to me," says Elizabeth to Brook. "Wonder which part."

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:51 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
Heinrich made his way to the Tertiary Storage unit to assist in apprehending the newcomers.

"That's a good thing, then. If you've got no hostile intent, things might be going a lot easier for you. Though there is the question of exactly where you were coming from. What exactly is this thing?" he says, gesturing to the blue box. "Stolen transmat?" He looks towards Lucius. "You're on Pluto. Although I'm sure that's all I'm authorized to tell you."

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:11 pm
by arccos
Alison works her way into the Tertiary Storage doorway, trying to help cover the intruders while still having a clear view of what goes on behind her.

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:12 pm
by Thorn
"Pluto? Blimey....I forgot was gonna try getting them to change the name...Brill, though. The dwarf planet. Cool." Brook smiles, although a bit nervously on account of the guns.

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:06 pm
by jaysun81
To Heinrich's comment about the blue box Story responds "Not exactly..." After hearing that they are on Pluto Story asks "Pluto you say? Hmmm. Tell me Mister.... what did you say your name was again?"

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:41 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"Heinrich Kohl. Sergeant Heinrich Kohl. And who are all you?"

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:06 am
by Umbrageofsnow

Private MacCrimmon kneels down and gently handcuffs the older of the two young women first. The nice sounding one.

He talks under his breath:
Elizabeth,"From Edinburgh originally. Certainly is nice to meet another scot way out here. You and me are the only ones on the planet. Stay calm and everything will work out. I won't let anything bad happen to you. But don't mouth off to the Sarge.

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:07 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth nods to the Scottish security guard. "I'm from Dumfriesshire," she whispers quietly. "I went to Edinburgh University."

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:00 am
by jaysun81
Looks at Private MacCrimmon "Is cuffing us really necessary? I assure you it is not. We mean you no harm and have no means to harm you." Looks back at Sergeant Kohl "Sergeant Kohl my name is Story and these are my companions." Points to them each as he names them. "Elizabeth, Brook and Lucius." Points at Private MacCrimmon cuffing Elizabeth "Really Sergeant? Is this necessary?"

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:07 am
by Thorn
"Yeah! We're not resisting or anything! And you have guns. What're we gonna do? Besides, we're not criminals, we're accidental tourists." Brook says angrily, to hide the fact she's a bit scared.

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:33 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Pluto? Dis Pater? Orcus?" He looked at Story, unsure of what this 'planet' thing was. Clearly, he had no idea of what was going on. Were they facing a god?

"Lower the gats, and for heaven's sake... spare the manacles." Lucius said with an air of dignity, referring of course to the guns and handcuffs. That was what he came to know them as, after all. "We are no threat to you. Perhaps we can all straighten this out over a nice cup of tea?"

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy
Heinrich Kohl/Alison Silver/Robert MacCrimmon,"When you search them," said [b]Lieutenant Colonel Bruce[/b] on the security officers' radios, "check the younger male intruder's boot. Our eagle-eyed computer tech [b]Private Torres[/b] has been watching the video and saw him place what may be a knife there."

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:13 am
by Umbrageofsnow

Private MacCrimmon stands up and moves over to the young man, gun away but baton in hand now.

"If you're nae threat, take off your boots. I need ta know you're not gonna pulla knife on me."

He raises his eyebrows and looks at the Roman's boot significantly.

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:32 am
by arccos
"Sarge," Alison asks, "should we turn on the lights so we can make things a little clearer in here?"

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:33 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius' eyes narrow... he wondered what sort of magic these people were using to see through his clothes like that, and how intrusive a power to use in the presence of ladies. He relaxed a little, knelt down to one knee, lifted his pant leg, and pulled out his dagger, then set it on the floor. "Just having protection doesn't confirm the intent to use it. But your continued acts of hostilities make me wonder if we wouldn't be in our right to do so."

He stood up and crossed his arms across his chest.

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:28 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"I suppose keeping them shut off isn't quite so relevant anymore," Heinrich agrees, as he radios Bruce. "We've got them in custody, Lieutenant-Colonel. They seem most compliant. Can you flip the lights back on from there, please? We'll be bringing them up in a moment." After he's done, he turns to the older man, who was apparently the leader of this little band. "Perhaps you don't have any method of harming us and your intentions are indeed peaceful, as you say. But as we're not exactly sure how or why you're here... well, in our line of work, it doesn't pay to take people's word on things. As to the restraints, look at things from our view. It wouldn't be exactly in our best interests to bring unknown persons before my superior unrestrained. On behalf of the staff here, I apologize for any inconvenience it may cause, but I'm sure you understand." He leans down, grabs the dagger Lucius tossed on the floor, and tucks it into his belt. "For safe keeping."

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:39 pm
by Thorn
Brook huffs. "So you'd rather show your superior officer you were so scared of four unarmed people, of which two are girls, that you had to tie them up? Real macho."

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:43 pm
by jaysun81
Nods at Heinrich then looks at Brook and smiles "Sometimes the best thing to do is let events unfold as they will." Extends his hands in front of him to be cuffed.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:50 am
by Umbrageofsnow

Private MacCrimmon glares at Lucius.

"Och, your boss over there's cooperating. Noo put your hands behind yer back an' let me cuff you. Promise I'll be gentle. But we hafta cuff uninvited guests until we can figure how they got here. But I ain't no jessie and if you don't cooperate you'll find out what happens when I'm not feelin' gentle.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:14 am
by yockenthwaite
"Don't be alarmed Brook," says Elizabeth. "I'm sure we won't have to wear the cuffs for long."

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Heinrich Kohl/Alison Silver/Robert MacCrimmon,"Well done, Sergeant," replied [b]Bruce[/b] on the security officers' radio. "Turning on the lights now."
The lights came back on, illuminating the storage room and the corridor once again.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:27 am
by Thorn
"But what if they're slavers...." Brook murmurs. "I don't.....like....being tied..." She swallows hard, trying not to think of Rome. A couple of treacherous tears manage to sneak their way past her darkly mascara'ed lashes, though, and she angrily wipes them away.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:05 am
by Umbrageofsnow

"We're not slavers, we're Security Officers, lass. And we promise we'll let ya go when we're sure you aren't here to hurt us or sabotage the base." says Private MacCrimmon, looking a bit frustrated and a bit sheepish.

"Now, youse all just stay still and let us restrain you so we can bring ya to our commander. None of us have the authority to let you go anyway."

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:53 am
by Thorn
Brook stands still, but keeps her hands in front of her, not wanting to be handcuffed behind her back. "Fine....I didn't know I looked so dangerous. But I guess if you guys really think I have the power to sabotage your space station or whatever, with no weapons and under armed guard, I should take it as a compliment."

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:38 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius laughed, recalling how Professor Exeter's wife seemed more dangerous than he did. He didn't comment on what he thought was funny though. He lost the smile quickly and then asked the others as he placed his hands behind his back in preparation for the manacles "If you would be so compliant as to inform us whom you suspect we might be that is so untrustworthy? Do you often have people breaking into your compound?"

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:32 pm
by Umbrageofsnow

Private MacCrimmon cuffs Lucius as soon as he gets his hands into position,
"Who ye are is exactly what we want tae know. Naebdy 'as ever done it before. So ye can see why we could be a wee bit interested.

He moves over and gently cuffs Brook, while keeping a cautious eye on the young man, still watching him more than anyone else.

"Sarge, soon as ye finish tyin' up the old man, we'll be ready to move all three down to holding."

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:38 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius nodded, "I can understand the mistrust then. Why, should strangers have infiltrated the Roman encampments, our generals... ahem, their generals would have been equally as perplexed and cautious." He looked to the others, "We should try to be cooperative. There is nothing to fear as long as we are forthcoming and peaceful."

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:38 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth smiles at Lucius. "Agreed."

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:40 pm
by Thorn
"I am being cooperative," Brook says indignantly. "It's them who keep nagging and pointing guns!"

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:46 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"Not exactly nagging," Heinrich says, "but at any rate, come this way." He starts leading the two other security officers and the newcomers through the corridors and back towards the main security center.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:18 pm
by jaysun81
Looks at his companions. "Everything will be alright." Clears thought and in a deep voice says. "Take us to your leader." Then Story smiles at the security officers. "Sorry... its just I've always wanted to say that."

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:25 pm
by Thorn
Story's comment at least brings a smile to Brook's face. She smirks a little, and comments:"Just don't go claiming your someone's father, that never goes down well." Turning to the scottish bloke, she grins: "Aren't you a little short to be a storm trooper?"

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:04 am
by Umbrageofsnow

MacCrimmon doesn't appear to be an aficionado of old movies, so he looks confused for just a moment, before bowing dramatically and waving the three intruders through the storage room door and out into the hallway.

"I dinnae what yer talkin' aboot but follow close behind the Sarge please. Private Silver and I will take up the rear. Naebdy wander off."

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:58 am
by Mr. Handy
Heinrich led the way, followed by Story, Elizabeth, Lucius, and Brook. Robert and Alison brought up the rear. They marched out of the storage room and around the corridor to the right, passing one airlock before stopping at another. Heinrich pressed his hand against the lockplate next to it, and the airlock opened. There was barely room for the seven of them. Since there was an atmosphere on either side of the airlock, there was no need to adjust the pressure. All the security officers had to do was to seal the inner door before opening the outer one. Beyond it was a lengthy tunnel, and at the end of that was another airlock through which the group passed. Everyone emerged into a round corridor curving away forward to the left and right. Another hall led directly forward, and it was this one that they followed. It ended at an intersection with another round corridor. On the far side of the intersection was a closed door. The group turned left, walking around the curve past a closed door on the left and another hallway leading off to the left past that, like the spoke of a wheel. Continuing on, they soon reached a spot where there were closed doors to the left and right. Heinrich turned left and opened the door the same way that he had opened the airlock doors.

The party progressed inside, where it found itself in an antechamber with a bank of video monitors and a door on the far end. A tall man, about forty years old with gray hair, who was not quite as big as Heinrich, sat there. He wore a black uniform that was like the other security officers', but much more decorated. He stood up and nodded. "Thank you, Sergeant," he said in an Australian accent. He spoke into a radio. "This is Lt. Colonel Bruce. The intruders are in custody, and nobody is injured. You may stand down from alert and resume your normal duties." Then he addressed the prisoners. "I have some questions for you, and you're going to bloody well answer them. Who are you people, who do you work for, how did you get here, how did you gain access to this facility, and what is your purpose in coming here?"

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:33 am
by ImpInTraining
When they passed through the small airlock area, Lucius looked around a bit confused, "What a small and pointless room. Not even any room to leave your shoes, or hang a cloak."

When the captors were opening doors and leading the group, Lucius was paying close attention. He wanted to know how to open these strange metal doors too, and he wanted to remember the way back to the Tardis. He kept a look out for maps of the area they were walking in.

Once inside the antechamber, Lucius looked at the video monitors and saw then just how it was they knew he had hidden his dagger. They had special windows that allowed them to see distant areas like they were right behind the glass. Clearly, Lucius was impressed. He would approach the monitors as close as he could to get a better inspection of this strange alien technology. "This is ... amazing," he said in wonder. "It's as if..." he leaned to the left and right to view behind the monitors, then looked back directly at the picture on the monitor, "I could almost reach out and touch it." He looked at Story and asked for confirmation, "Magic or science?"

Looking to Lt. Colonel Bruce and the man's confounded stare back at him made Lucius snap to for the moment, "Oh, hello Bruce. I am Lucius. Do you think you could tell the others to remove our manacles? It's a mite uncomfortable."

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy
"Lucius who?" said Lt. Colonel Bruce. "I need full names! And you will address me as Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel, or sir. The handcuffs will be removed when you're placed in holding cells, but first I want satisfactory answers to my questions."

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:12 am
by jaysun81
Looks at Lucius "Science." Turns his attention to the Lt Colonel. "Good day... or is it evening? Anyways, how do you do? My name is Story and this are my companions - Lucius, Brook and Elizabeth. Holding cells will not be nessacary, thank you though. We mean you no harm I assure you. Our arrival here was a complete and utter accident."

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy
Bruce snorted. "How stupid do you think I am?" he snapped, glaring at Story and his companions. "People don't come to Pluto by accident! And I said I want full names! I'll be the one to decide whether or not holding cells are necessary, so you'd better cooperate and answer my questions!"

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:31 am
by yockenthwaite
"My name is Elizabeth Young," said Elizabeth, "and I can assure you that what Story said about our arrival is true, although he can maybe explain more fully than I could." She looks around her, taking in the scene, still impressed, despite previous TARDIS travels, by the futuristic technology.

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:09 am
by ImpInTraining
"Lucius Verses", the Roman responded. "I guess you could say we are just on holiday, exploring. As for who I work for, I guess that would be Story, except he isn't paying me. It is sort of a mutual exchange of services. He helps me, I help him."

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:45 am
by Thorn
"Brook Davies....I don't work for anyone. I occasionally help out, of course, but that's not the same thing. And we weren't even coming here, we were supposed to go somewhere else. So that would be a no to the question of purpose, no purpose. If I were purposefully going to a planet, I think Pluto would be a ways down the list. No offence. Although...When we arrive somewhere, even by accident, I've found it's usually somewhere we're supposed to be." She looks at Story. "Isn't it?"

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:56 pm
by jaysun81
Looks at Brook "I'd like to think so." Looks back at Bruce "As I said my name is Story... that's my name, nothing more nothing less. We arrived here via our transportation. Sadly even though I'm the pilot she tends to be in control and takes us where she wants to go. Usually as Brook pointed out to help."

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:53 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
A puzzled look crosses Heinrich's face, his brow furrowed. The transport brought them here? "If I may, Lieutenent-Colonel... are we to assume that the blue box decided you should come to Pluto? What sort of machinery is this thing? Some sort of artificial intelligence?"

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:39 pm
by Thorn
"Oh, I don't think it's artificial.." Brook comments.

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:40 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius asked, "If I might be so inquisitive... what is the date?" He felt the eyes of curiosity fall on him - and recognized the question was a bit odd (even if he recognized it a hair too late). "We've come a long distance. I'd like to know how long it took us."

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:53 pm
by jaysun81
Looks at Heinrich "It's complicated Sergeant."

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy
Bruce nodded when Sergeant Kohl asked his question. "We ask the questions," he said to Lucius. "You answer them." He then looked at Story. "You had better explain, complicated or not. I find it very hard to believe anyone could come to Pluto unintentionally. It is extremely far from any other object in the solar system, other than its own moons. I also cannot believe that you do not choose your own destinations. Your arrival here only a few weeks after our own cannot be a coincidence. Now, how does your craft work? What are its capabilities? How was it able to arrive here undetected?"

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:34 am
by jaysun81
Returns his attention to the Colonel. "Our craft is an experimental personal T-Mat chamber. It's a prototype that my companions and I have been building for sometime now. Our accidentally arrival is probably more user error than anything else. I haven't exactly mastered the controls." Smiles. "As to not detecting us... I have no answer for that." Continues to stare at Lt Col Bruce.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:46 pm
by ImpInTraining
"There's no need to be rude, Bruce," Lucius stated and he turned his attention back to the security monitors. "If you decide to take us prisoner, or charge us with some sort of infraction, you would have to declare some sort of authority over us. Do you own this Pluto? Are we supposed to run our travel itinerary through you before coming to this place of Pluto? I sincerely doubt it. If you intend on imprisoning us, do you have the resources to house all of us indefinitely? I doubt that too. This place is apparently quite remote, which means you most likely supply your own food and water, perhaps enough just for your company." Lucius smiled feeling like he was getting somewhere with his train of thought and looked back to the commander. "If our trespassing is so disturbing to you to make you treat us so poorly - like the city of Troy treated the Greeks, then I suggest you let us go now. We will climb back in our ... craft, and sail away. You won't hear from us again. No harm done." He shrugged and said "The Troy wars might have been avoided if some humility and kindness were shown at the beginning, don't you think?"

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:34 am
by Mr. Handy
"You're the one who's being impolite," said the security chief. "That's Lt. Colonel Bruce to you. I've already told you how to address me. My paramount concern is the security of this base and its crew, and your illegal entry into it points out a flaw in our security. Even if your presence here is entirely innocent, which has yet to be proven, we must understand exactly how you came to be here to prevent others from just popping in. As for my authority, I am a high-ranking officer in the United Earth Peace Forces. Our jurisdiction encompasses the entire solar system, including Pluto, and we derive our authority from Alexander Kaiser himself. We claimed Pluto for Earth last year when Captain Kowalski landed upon its surface for the first time. So, yes, we do own Pluto, and all human beings must answer to our great leader. Your disregard of the law makes me wonder if you are perhaps rebels. We mopped them up thoroughly, but there are always some who harbor disloyalty. And you are right to be concerned about our limited supplies of food and water. You are not entitled to them. Whether or not we choose to share them with you depends heavily upon your cooperation." He turned to face Story. "I thought it looked like some sort of T-Mat capsule, but no T-Mat I've ever heard of has anywhere near the range needed to reach Pluto from anywhere else in the solar system. We have tried to avoid relying on T-Mat too much ever since the Ice Warriors used it to attack Earth. You must explain this technology you've developed to our scientific staff."
OOC,[b]Story[/b], you may roll History.

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:07 am
by Thorn
"United Earth? Dont'cha mean United Nations? You mean they united the whole thing? Wow..." Brook looks surprised. "I guess you've encountered aliens, then, since you pointed out your jurisdiction was limited to humans. And what are Ice Warriors? Sir. Lt. Colonel." She adds.

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:12 am
by jaysun81
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3195992/]History - 40% (1d100=48)[/url]

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
Some of the things that the security chief said sounded vaguely familiar to Story, but he couldn't quite place them.

"United Nations?" said Lt. Colonel Bruce. "That organization hasn't existed for decades, Ms. Davies. A noble attempt, but one ultimately doomed to failure. United Earth has succeeded where the UN failed. The Ice Warriors are an alien race from Mars that attacked Earth late in the last century, and we've had to fend off other alien attacks in recent decades. I realize that you're young, but surely you must have learned about all of this in school. It's part of the standardized curriculum."

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:34 am
by Thorn
"I....sort of dropped out. But I've learnt much more since I did." She smiles at Story, then looks back at the colonel.

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:41 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius shrugged, most of what was being talked about was well above his head. But he knew how the military worked ... he knew men in charge would force their authority over everything they came into contact with ... provided they were from the home ground.

"So tell me, Bruce..." Lucius said defiantly "... I take it you have only encountered aggressive aliens. But considering how you treated us thus far... it's no great wonder they became aggressive." He looked at Story and lifted an eyebrow.
ooc: Say,does Story have any of that psycho-majigger paper that Dr. Who has in the shows?

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:53 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Dropped out?" said Lt. Colonel Bruce, frowning. "Attendance at school is mandatory! Your head could get filled with all sorts of nonsense if you get your education from an unauthorised source. Who are your parents or legal guardian? What's your registration number?" When Lucius spoke up, he practically growled at him. "You sound like one of those alien sympathisers. Let me make one thing clear: they attacked us! We were minding our own business and they invaded our planet not just once, but several times! We have not just a right but a duty to defend ourselves from their aggression, and that means expanding beyond the boundaries of Earth so that we can take the fight right back to them. They didn't attack us because we weren't nice enough to them or because of our policies. They just tried to grab with both hands. Cybermen, Ice Warriors, Sea Devils, the whole bloody lot of them can't be reasoned with! The only language they understand is force."
OOC,No, [b]Story[/b] doesn't have psychic paper. That was something that was added in with new series, and I'm sticking with what was available in the original series.

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:10 pm
by jaysun81
"Gentlemen... really? We are getting no where with this discussion." Looks at Lucius "Please respectfully address the Lt Colonel by his title, we are visitors after all." Looks back at Bruce "Please forgive my companions it's just they've never left Earth so this truly is an experience for them."

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:46 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Yes it's quite awe inspiring," agrees Elizabeth, still looking around her, rather agog. She is also more reticent than her companions Brook and Lucius, reflecting both her underlying personality, and the time period she comes from.

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:04 pm
by Thorn
Brook shakes her head. "No parents and too many foster parents. I guess Story is my guardian now, although I'm quite capable of taking care of myself. And I did go to school up to Upper school, I'm no dim wit. Sir. Colonel."

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:12 pm
by ImpInTraining
"School is over-rated," Lucius stated to Brook offhandedly. "Besides, he who wins the wars writes the history. You only hear one side of the story... ever."

He nodded to Story and looked around for a seat to relax while they awaited the nonsense to be over. "Should have gone back to ancient Egypt," he is heard to mumble as he glances about looking for a chair.

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius found an unoccupied seat and sat down.

"And what is your registration number?" demanded Lt. Colonel Bruce. "What are all of your registration numbers? Every citizen of Earth has a registration number."

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:24 am
by Thorn
"Sorry, I forgot. Do you mean like our social security number?"

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:13 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius refused to answer... choosing instead to ignore the jerk.

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:02 pm
by yockenthwaite
"I've got an NHS number," says Elizabeth, "but somehow I doubt that's what you want."

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:55 pm
by jaysun81
"I'm afraid we lack the proper identification." Looks around at his companions then back at Lt. Col. Bruce. "Sorry."

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:11 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
OOC,Does it seem in keeping with the Lieutenant-Colonel's character to be this confrontational? Or would I need a Psychology roll for that? (Read: if I would, forget it, since with a 5% I'm sure I'd fail)
Also OOC,How did Heinrich receive the scars he has? In the Unification War, in one of the invasions the Lieutenant-Colonel mentioned, or something else?

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy
"Unregistered," said Lt. Colonel Bruce, scowling. "I suspected as much."

An announcement came over the loudspeaker: "Attention all personnel," said the voice of the base commander. "This is General Pryce. I have some good news. Captain Desjardins, while out on patrol, has found and recovered the Persephone, the first ship to land on Pluto. There is as of yet no sign of what happened to her crew. However, the captain also encountered unknown, intelligent alien creatures near the ship. We are not alone on Pluto. I will let you know when we have further information."

"Aliens," said Bruce. "Sergeant, you and your team lock up the prisoners in the holding cells. I have the feeling that I'll have more pressing matters to attend to shortly."
OOC,Yes, that's exactly what would call for a Psychology roll. Go ahead and make the roll anyway. You never know. [b]Heinrich[/b] is a veteran of the Unification War (he fought on the winning side, of course), and that is where he received his scars. For more information about the [i]Persephone[/i] (for base personnel, not the TARDIS crew), you should read the Introduction thread if you haven't already.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:45 am
by Dr. Bloodworth
"Understood." Heinrich motions to the others to escort the prisoners to the brig. "Follow me, please."

He glances with a disappointed expression towards the newcomers. "Sorry," he mouths voicelessly.
OOC,Psychology roll 50, with 5% = FAIL. For whatever reason Invisible Castle doesn't feel like letting me log in; is it still down? http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3198629/
Robert & Alison,After we leave the central security center, the Sergeant will inquire of the others if they thought the Lieutenant-Colonel seemed alright. (If they think he did, he'll mutter something about it "just being me" and drop it.)

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:28 am
by Thorn
"Well, he's certainly got his knickers in a twist..." Brook mutters, then looks worriedly at Story before looking back to their captors. "I don't want to be locked up. We haven't done anything, we sat and waited untill you came, we've cooperated and everything."

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:11 am
by ImpInTraining
"What's more," Lucius adds to Brook's rebuttal, "he's not even the one in charge. There is a General that we should speak to... maybe he wouldn't be such a ... twisted knicker wearer." It was the Roman's attempt at joining in the slang. He wasn't even sure what a knicker was, but he was relatively certain one wore them based on earlier conversations he'd overheard. Lucius glared at Bruce and commented, "Give a man some power and you see what kind of person they truly are."

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:28 am
by jaysun81
Looks at Lucius. "Please, you're not really helping the situation." Turns to the Lt Col. "Forgive my companion sir."

After they leave Story says to no one in particular as they walk to the holding cell. "The first ship to land on Pluto... unknown, intelligent alien creatures... so she did bring us here for a reason." Look up at the Sergeant he says "Sergeant, tell me about the Persephone. How was contact lost? Is this base a rescue operation?"

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:06 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"First, let me say... I didn't know the Lieutenant-Colonel would be quite so, ahh, you know." In response to Story's question, "I don't rightfully know. We were always told that it had landed, left, and met with an accident on the way back to Earth. I suppose that's not the case. Although we do have to wonder exactly what did happen to her. Last message we received was when the crew landed, and all seemed normal then. So obviously, we weren't a rescue op, since up till now we were led to believe she wasn't even here."

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:20 pm
by Mr. Handy
Sergeant Kohl led the way through the door at the back of the antechamber, followed by the new arrivals and finally Alison and Robert. They entered a hallway leading left and right. At each end of the corridor was a line of three holding cells, each big enough for one person, for a total of six. The doors were solid metal, but with a sliding plate at eye level so that guards could look inside. Directly opposite the door to the antechamber was another door.
OOC,Invisible Castle is working again, and I've been able to log in. Everyone else may also roll Psychology about [b]Lt. Colonel Bruce[/b] (or Insight for [b]Lucius[/b]). [b]Heinrich[/b], you'll need to decide who to put in which cells.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:27 pm
by ImpInTraining
Insight - Succeeds,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3200433/]Insight (62%) (1d100=18)[/url]
Lucius asks of Sergeant Kohl, "Could you please see to it that my dagger is in safe hands? It means a lot to me. The only thing I have left of the place I started out... really."

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:43 pm
by jaysun81
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3200528/]Psychology - 85% (1d100=46)[/url] = Success!

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:54 pm
by Thorn

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:31 pm
by yockenthwaite
OOC Psychology roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3200703/]Rolling Psychology (stat 41%) about Lt. Colonel Bruce (1d100=92)[/url]

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius Verres/Story,[b]Lt. Colonel Bruce[/b] was a man who took his job and himself very seriously, and the scars he bore showed he had seen action. He seemed full of determination and was not someone with whom to be trifled. He seemed to bear particular ill will towards [b]Lucius[/b] for his temerity and disrespect, not to mention his apparent alien sympathies. His hatred for aliens themselves was apparent.

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
laughing,Yeah... like we needed a psychology roll to figure that much out.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:28 pm
by jaysun81
Story asks the Sergeant "What will Lt. Colonel Bruce do about the aliens? Will they be treated like us? You know we can be of assistance to this base and your commanders in making contact especially in light of the Lt. Colonel's feelings. After all he's not exactly fond of non-human species is he?"

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:31 am
by Thorn
Brook looks at the holding cells, frowning worriedly. "These cells are very small...Don't you have a big one that we can all fit in? Or a cafeteria, that'd be nice..."

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:59 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"I don't know," Heinrich says to Story. "I suppose it depends on exactly what Juliette's... I mean Captain Desjardins' encounter with them was like. And I'll keep that proposal in mind." The sergeant turns towards the entire assembly. "Unfortunately, no, there's not any larger ones." He opens four of the doors (those adjacent to each other) and ushers the four newcomers in. "Myself and the two privates will be on duty at the desk we passed in shifts, so there'll always be at least one of us here."

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:34 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Story... every time we go somewhere, we run into something dangerous. If this is the same situation, then you can bet that alien they found will not be so friendly as us. And in these cells, we'll be easy pickings. Maybe you should come clean with them and let them know you can help as an intermediary of sorts?" Lucius suggested, unappreciative of the idea of being pinned up in some small cage while some alien creature might come around feasting on people one at a time.

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:51 pm
by Thorn
"Hey, you said you'd take these off!" Brook holds up her cuffed hands.

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:42 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Yes we've cooperated. Please remove the handcuffs." says Elizabeth,

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:30 am
by jaysun81
Stops before entering the cell and looks at Lucius. "Perhaps you're right." Turning to the Sergeant. "Sergeant our arrival here was an accident. However, now that we are here we can help. Trust me the last person you want to be in talks with an unknown alien is a anti-alien human. Let me reason with it on behalf of your people; that way none of you have to be put at risk. I've been traveling the cosmos since you were but a baby. I've seen things that would drive the human mind mad. I've traveled far greater distances than you or your military could dream of traveling. And that is why I'm not being jailed like some kind of a petty criminal. You either accept my... er our assistance or let us go."

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
Heinrich Kohl,[b]Heinrich[/b] heard [b]Captain Karin Bauer[/b] speak on the hands-free radio attached to his ear: "[b]Sergeant Kohl[/b], this is [b]Captain Bauer[/b] at the lab. I'd like to examine the intruders with a medical scanner and am heading down to the brig now. Will there be someone to accompany me in the cells? Over." Standard procedure was to remove the prisoners' cuffs when placing them in a cell.
OOC,There aren't four cells next to each other. There are three cells in a row down the hall to the left, and three in a row down the hall to the right.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:21 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
"All three of us are down here at present, Capt. Bauer," says Heinrich in response to the message. "We'll be awaiting your arrival." He clicks off the radio and turns to the assembly. "A member of our medical staff would like to come down and run some routine scans. She's on her way and should be here shortly." He nods at Story's offer. "Sounds good to me. We don't need to be making another enemy if there's not one yet."
OOC,Heinrich had uncuffed the Tardis crew when I opened the cells. I just forgot to mention it. Sorry.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 pm
by Thorn
Brook rubs her wrists after the cuffs are taken off. She looks at the tiny cells with despair.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:43 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius waits to be directed to a cell and offers no resistance. Who knows, perhaps inside the cell is the safest place to be when the alien decides it's hungry.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:31 pm
by Dr. Bloodworth
Heinrich and the other security officers usher Brook, Lucius and Story into the three northernmost cells and Elizabeth into one of the southern ones. "If you'll just wait here a few moments, myself and the others are going into the security center out front to await Capt. Bauer's arrival. Story, I'll relay your proposal to the Lieutenant Colonel."
OOC,Calls Lt.-Col. Bruce and tells him of Story's desire to work as an intermediary or ambassador trying to ensure a friendly, or at least non-hostile, interface with the aliens.
OOC 2,What are the doors on the cells like? Secure doors like the airlocks or barred like a jail cell?

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:32 pm
by Thorn
Brook sits down quietly, pulling her knees up and crossing her arms around them. She leans her head on her knee, and closes her eyes.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:40 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius takes the moment to see if he can tell what captures those moving pictures that he saw in the other room. If he could identify one, he would hopefully be able to tell if he was in the picture, and where he could stand so he was not immediately observable.

"Say," he asks the others (assuming we can talk to each other still), "What do we do if we have to ... relieve ourselves?"

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:16 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth looks around her cell before sitting down to wait patiently.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:26 pm
by Thorn
"Call the guards, I guess..." Brook answers Lucius, if she can hear him.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:07 pm
by jaysun81
Story sits down in his cell and remains silent.

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy
The security officers locked Story and his companions in the cells, which were fairly small and cramped, about five feet wide by seven feet long. Half of each cell was occupied by a shelf sticking out of the wall that passed for a bed. In the corner of each cell was also a small toilet and sink. Lucius did not recognize the strange fixtures, but he gathered that the toilet functioned much like a privy. He didn't know how the waste was emptied, however.
OOC,Though you can't see them on the map, the cell block to the left is to the east and the one on the right is to the west, so there is no northern or southern cell block. I described the cell doors before: "The doors were solid metal, but with a sliding plate at eye level so that guards could look inside." They open just like all of the normal doors on the base do, though there is only a lockplate on the outside, not the inside. Those of you in the three cells that are in the same cell block can talk to each other with no problem. [b]Lucius[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.
Heinrich Kohl/Alison Silver/Robert MacCrimmon,"The intruders are [i]not[/i] going to have contact with the aliens," growled [b]Lt. Colonel Bruce[/b] in response. "For all we know, they're in league with them. I'm on my way to the docking bay. Once we check out the [i]Persephone[/i], I'm going to fly out with [b]Captain Desjardins[/b] and [b]Lt. Hu[/b] to retrieve the [i]Demeter[/i], which the captain had to leave behind. While I'm gone, I want you and your team to interrogate the prisoners. Make sure one of you is on duty in the antechamber at all times. Find out as much information as you can. Do whatever is necessary. We need to know what they know about aliens and the secrets of the technology that brought them here. Don't worry if you can't get them to talk. When I return, I'll take over the interrogation."

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:46 pm
by ImpInTraining
After investigating the features of the small, cramped cell, and determining the privy to be what it was (assuming he had seen his share of toilets and other bathroom fixtures while he was going through psychotherapy), he went back to checking on the rest of his surroundings.
Spot Hidden - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3209497/]Spot Hidden (50%) (1d100=28)[/url]
"I do hope they don't forget about us," Lucius calls out to the others.

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:54 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Prison in Space