Roll call! Who are the ten die-hards at Play@?

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Roll call! Who are the ten die-hards at Play@?

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Welcome and welcome back all players and Keepers of the forums!
I myself have an off and on relatioship with this site and always come back and see familiar faces. When there are new names in the mix, it only warms my heart. So, who are in it through think and thin?

Just drop a line and let us know you´re with us. Newcomer or long-timer, just drop a line.

Game on!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Roll call! Who are the ten die-hards at Play@?

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've been on this site for over 15 and a half years, and I've pretty much been here constantly. I'm in most of the active games here, and I'm running a couple myself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

That´s number one.
Achievment badge sent via post. What? We don´t have that?
Oh, well. Congrats, Mr Handy! You are one of the ten die-hard movers and shakers of Play@ysds, at this moment in time.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by jp1885 »

I’m a mere slip of a lad at 3 years. Sadly, due to real-life nonsense, I recently had to drop out of the (several) games I was in. However I still lurk around and hope to rejoin (albeit in a limited capacity) when things are a little less hectic.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

jp1885, 4K posts is not a sum to scoff at. And, it´s not about years or even posts, really. Just a check-in to see who is reading and/or playing here.
Number two for you it is.
I hope you get the time you need. I know the pull ´the other reality´has on me as well. Balance is key.
Cheers!
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, and I know all too well about the addictive and time-consuming nature of real-life. I hope you have time again too, and your characters are still waiting for you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

Hi Dave, I’ve been here around the same time as Mr Handy. I’m playing in three games currently active here (and a couple more over on Discord) and I’m Keeper in my long-running Servants of the Lake campaign, which is about to get interesting in WWI France…
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi Philulhu!
That brings us to: #3

With me as #4

I might just check out your lake campaign. And, great to see you!
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I guess the nature of the forums is that this count to ten will need a few more weeks to be fulfilled. Which is what makes this form of gaming a slow brew. On rare occasions it can be rather rapid, though. Let´s wait and see who will claim the sixth spot....
TVblog

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

I've been here two and a half years. I'm playing two games, kabukiman's Two Headed Serpent and robertod's ToC Horror on the Orient Express. I'm running Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home and The Titan Incident, both of which were intended as one-shots when they started two years ago. Which shows you the timeframes involved in PbP. I'm also running a Cthulhu Dark game called The Lower Deep with Mr Handy as player. That was intended to test out the rules of Cthulhu Dark and is loosely based on a Hugh B Cave novella.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Welcome to the countdown, Mephistophilis! You´re #5 of active members. The long game is the way it is, here on PLAY.
Good luck on your games!
TVblog

Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Post by Bullfrog »

Hi, Bullfrog here. You may remember me from such classics as Servants of the Lake, Servants of the Lake, and Servants of the Lake, where I play I play everyone's favorite farmer with Gigantism, Lawrence Gilman. It's been three years and a half years since I first joined that campaign, and it's been unforgettable the whole way through.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bullfrog wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:19 pm Hi, Bullfrog here. You may remember me from such classics as Servants of the Lake, Servants of the Lake, and Servants of the Lake, where I play I play everyone's favorite farmer with Gigantism, Lawrence Gilman. It's been three years and a half years since I first joined that campaign, and it's been unforgettable the whole way through.
Aww, shucks 🙂

Not bad for a scenario that you’re meant to be able to play through in an evening or so…!
Bullfrog
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Post by Bullfrog »

You see, it's just been one very long evening.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Ah, the Bullfrog in the wild. You´re #6, then. I wonder if we ever will get to number 10?
As said before - it might take a while. But, hey! Sometimes a momentum has been seen on the boards.
I promise, I´ve witnessed it.

Happy gaming, all!
TVblog

carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

I don't have time to participate any more.
I want to pass everything on to someone.
Just had to pay $180 to keep this going.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

I’d be happy to contribute to costs but I’m not sure I’d have the time/skills to manage the board.

What’s involved in managing it, Lee?
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Philulhu wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:28 pm I’d be happy to contribute to costs but I’m not sure I’d have the time/skills to manage the board.

To be honest, I don't do anything (any more) - Mr Handy has done ALL the administrator/moderator work for YEARS and I take my hat off to him.

This site does deserve someone that can devote more than the few hours a year I get around to doing. I'm happy to discuss how things are to progress in the future.

In the meantime if anyone would like to help with running costs then they could buy me a gin or two https://ko-fi.com/lpcarnell
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Contribution sent!

Is it worth moving this discussion over to the announcement thread?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

carnage_lee wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:24 pm
Philulhu wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:28 pm I’d be happy to contribute to costs but I’m not sure I’d have the time/skills to manage the board.

To be honest, I don't do anything (any more) - Mr Handy has done ALL the administrator/moderator work for YEARS and I take my hat off to him.

This site does deserve someone that can devote more than the few hours a year I get around to doing. I'm happy to discuss how things are to progress in the future.

In the meantime if anyone would like to help with running costs then they could buy me a gin or two https://ko-fi.com/lpcarnell
Thank you, Lee! I'd be the logical choice to take over, but I don't have a whole lot of extra time beyond what I already spend to keep the site running (as anyone waiting for Zombie Apocalypse Reanimated Chapter 2 to get moving knows). I don't know how long it would take to maintain the database and backups and to handle installing PHP mods and stuff, but if it's not a whole lot of time, I might be able to handle it. If you need someone to pay $180 per year to keep the site up and running, I could swing that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Welcome Room”