Hi there

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Deadly Treadly
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 2 years 2 months

Hi there

Post by Deadly Treadly »

Hi, I'm Jim¹.

I'm a long tine player, I bought 1st edition when it came out and took my group of cocky AD&D players through The Haunting that afternoon. Oddly enough buying that old edition of Call of Cthulhu, I still have it in a box somewhere, was the first time I'd heard of H.P. Lovecraft or his works. Those ready-for-anything players were horrified by that bed!

Since then I've run a lot of Call of Cthulhu and a fair few of them pbem and pbp games. Stand outs were the Romans trading in the Mediterranean in 14AD, not in that the game went well but rather it was when the players found they were up against the mythos I had a player revolt and the game folded - despite it being clearly labelled a Call of Cthulhu game! Some that went better were Shadows over Shanghai and 1439: Dark Corners of the Past over at RPGdotnet before the board culture changed, both games are linked to here if anyone wants to mine them for anything that might be useful. Other games are lost to time and RPOL deletion.

The games here look like a lot of fun, there's some great writing.

¹"Deadly Treadly" is Australian slang for "pushbike"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Hi there

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Jim! There's a Trail of Cthulhu version of Horror on the Orient Express that is just starting and still has an opening, plus I'm running two games of my own. They're in progress, but you could join them without too much catching up to do.

I'm running Zombie Apocalypse, which is a modern non-Mythos game using the CoC rules. It's still early in Chapter 2, so you could easily play characters that were just added at the start of the chapter. The game is currently stalled due to lack of time on my part, but I hope to get it moving in the next week or two. There's also The Masque of Nyarlathotep, which takes place in southern France in 1517. It's still early, and you haven't missed too much. It's the sixth adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first five adventures to play. You're free to read the previous adventures, of course.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Welcome Room”