Hello and the name says it all

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Freshmeat
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 2 years 4 months

Hello and the name says it all

Post by Freshmeat »

It has been about 20 years since I last played a group RPG.
This week I had some time off work so after a bit of Googling I downloaded "Alone against the Flames", the character sheet and basic rules.
I then watched The Dice Stormers run through, and played it through myself. Great stuff.
I had a blast.

So now perhaps this forum can be a gateway for me back into the world. Many years ago I had CoC 5th Ed on the shelf but never played it in a group. I since sold it, so if I enjoy it here I might grab the 7th Ed or the investigators manual (whats the difference there then?) and see how I get on.

So anyway, Hi! I'm Andrew, I live in the UK.
8-)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Hello and the name says it all

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Andrew! I use 6th edition in the games I run, but the 7th edition has the Keeper's book and the Investigator's book. The former is the only one you truly need to run a game, but the latter has helpful information for character creation and is good if you're a player.

I'm running two games here, both of which are at a good point for someone new to join. They're stalled for now, but I hope to get them moving in the coming weeks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Welcome Room”