Looking for the light!

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Mak
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Looking for the light!

Post by Mak »

Hi there everybody,
I'm a complete newcomer to all of this. I've been a tabletop gamer for most of my life, but the opportunity never really came up to try RPG's. I've been feeling quite drawn to them recently, but my gaming group is very much boardgames orientated. I'm a huge fan of the mythos and I'm getting quite comfortable with the ruleset for CoC 7e.
After quite a bit of research, I figured PBP was a good option for me.
I realise that being SO inexperienced may hinder my chances of getting anywhere. I mean, who really wants to hand hold a Noob through the lovecraftian landscape. Any opportunity to try, and any guidance given would be greatly appreciated.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Looking for the light!

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi Mak!
No shame in holding hands. Welcome to the boards.

We´re doing a Zombie Apocalypse and the thing is just starting. https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... .php?f=436

Feel free to browse all the games on the site and check out the recruitment section.

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

Welcome to the board, Mak :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Mak! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join my games, though they're 6th edition rather than 7th. I'm always happy to show new players the ropes. I've brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that petered out after more than a decade after the players all drifted away. I rebooted it, starting over from the beginning. It's modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. You can find the recruitment thread here and the game here.

I'm also running a scenario I call The Horror in the Blackout, set in London in September 1940. This is the fifth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. If you do want to read the first four adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. The recruitment thread for The Horror in the Blackout is here, and the forum for it is here. The game started last year, so there's some catching up to do. There are a lot of players in it already, but I think I can squeeze in another if you're willing to take over an abandoned character.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Welcome Room”