Hi all!

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Styrwirld
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Hi all!

Post by Styrwirld »

Hey alñ, I am new here and new to CoC roleplay games. I have mostly played D&D and a game of Stars without numbers, so if there is any rule book I need to read or something?

Cheers!
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: Hi all!

Post by Raiko »

Hi alñ, welcome to the forums. :)

Call of Cthulhu is very rules light, so as long as the Keeper (Call of Cthulhu DM) guides you through character generation, all the rules you really need are on your character sheet.

There's a good mix here of 6th and 7th edition Call of Cthulhu games and some Trail of Cthulhu games. 1st to 6th edition CoC are virtually all the same rules, 7th is the only edition that really changes anything, but it's still 90% the same game.

Trail of Cthulhu is a totally different game, but it's even more rules light than Call of Cthulhu (it's more modern, and so doesn't have the AD&D / Runequest roots of CoC).

You can get the free quick start version of Call of Cthulhu 7th edition from chaosium's website, and it contains almost everything you need to know to get started.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Also, I've validated your account now, so you should be able to post anywhere.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by jp1885 »

Welcome from another newbie! You can downlad a quickstart version of the 7th edition rules from https://www.chaosium.com/free-quick-start-pdf/

Return to “Welcome Room”