Hello all!

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Hello all!

Post by Shelfunit »

Hi,
I'm Shelfunit, and have been a fan of Lovecraftian horror since the late 90's after finding the 5th edition Call of Cthulhu rule book at my FLGS. It is still the only edition of the rules I currently own, although that would change depending on whether or not I find an opening in a game here, and whether or not that was 5th ed. Currently house husbanding, and thus have a bit of time to play a pbp game - something I hope to be able to do in the near future if possible - whilst I have been a long time owner of the game, the only Cthulhu based game I've played is the Arkham horror, but it's not really the same and I would love to have a go at this fantastic rpg.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Hello all!

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Shelfunit! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

I'm running a scenario I call The Horror in the Blackout, set in London in September 1940. You'd be welcome to join. It's run in 6th edition, which is almost the same as 5th. This is the fifth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first four adventures to play. If you do want to read the first four adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. The recruitment thread for The Horror in the Blackout is here, and the forum for it is here. The game started last year, so there's some catching up to do. There are a lot of players in it already, but I think I can squeeze in another if you're willing to take over an abandoned character.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

hi Mr Handy,
that would be great thanks, I'll post in the recruitment section, and have a read up on the campaign so far now.

EDIT: Testing the forum dice roller...

[dice]2d6[/dice]

[dice=]4d4+2[/dice]

[dice]1d100[/dice]

EDIT 2 : Something is clearly not right there - I'm using the bb codes above the typing area in the post, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Dice rolls are not enabled in this forum. They usually are in the 'game forums' however.
Leffew
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Post by Leffew »

carnage_lere wrote:Dice rolls are not enabled in this forum. They usually pick these awesome weight loss pills in the 'game forums' however.
Hey Shelfunit, I've been introduced to Cthulhu world through Arkham horror too. What a great game...
Last edited by Leffew on Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

carnage_lee wrote:Dice rolls are not enabled in this forum. They usually are in the 'game forums' however.
No problems - I got them working, all-be-it to terrible rolls, in a game. So far I have failed rolls on an 85, and 70, and am yet to be successful. Still, I like to think I'm making the inevitable arrive quicker...
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

Leffew wrote:Hey Shelfunit, I've been introduced to Cthulhu world through Arkham horror too. What a great game...
It's not bad is it - I just wish it didn't take up so much space.

Return to “Welcome Room”