Konichiwa (And that's the sum total of my Japanese)

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
crawlingchaosfan
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Konichiwa (And that's the sum total of my Japanese)

Post by crawlingchaosfan »

(Im learning Japanese, hence the title. Its a very slow process, hence the stuff in brackets)

Now to stay on topic. Hi my name is crawlingchaosfan and I was a recovering roleplaying addict until some old ideas I had simply refused to leave my head. So now Im back on the wagon so to speak.

Im far too old for this but what the hell! I will at some point be asking for players in a (semi) freeform lovecraft inspired game set in a fictional village.

Now the mildly interesting stuff is out of the way Im going to waffle on about myself a bit.

I'm male (at least I was the last time I checked). Im a software developer who is also a H.P.Lovecraft fan and a bit of a metalhead. I'm happily married after the longest engagement ever and have two demonically posessed terrors wonderful children.

Im gutted that the next season of Game of Thrones will be the last. Im even more gutted that there won't be a season 4 of Dark Matter.

Please forgive any speeling misstaykes or typos. I'm posting on a phone with the processing power of a zx81 on vallium (without the 16k expanded RAM pack).

(Did I mention I'm learning Japanese?)
That is not dead that can eternal lie, but zombie processes will be subject to regular garbage collection. Tweet me: @thedarkincode
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: Konichiwa (And that's the sum total of my Japanese)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Welcome! And sell me on your ideas.
Ta!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

ようこそ!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, crawlingchaosfan! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
crawlingchaosfan
Layman
Layman

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!
That is not dead that can eternal lie, but zombie processes will be subject to regular garbage collection. Tweet me: @thedarkincode
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Welcome!

Your game sounds intriguing! Unfortunately, I'm very busy right now with IRL stuff :(
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

ようこそ、Crawlingchaos君! 私もニャル子邪神好き!

コニチワ、僕のHelplessBystander、楽しんでいってください! 探している僕の迷失の节操!(^-^)つ"。
Anyways, have fun around here and try and enjoy yourself. Learning new languages is hard, so...good luck, K?
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

HelplessBystander wrote:(^-^)
I understand this part.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

…I know, as an Asian, I can tell you that Japanese is HARD. You have to learn four different sets of alphabets like hiragana, katakana, kanji, and then romanji. Now, try and sort through all of them, the grammar clauses, masculine and feminine articles and convert between them and English. A bit difficult, I would say.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
crawlingchaosfan
Layman
Layman

Yes its definately an uphill struggle. Im good with computer languages but terrible at human ones. I only wanted to learn so I could fully appreciate bands like Dazzle Vision and Yousei Teikoku. I found it frustrating that most lessons concentrate on the kanji first when all I really wanted to do was understand spoken (sung) Japanese. I mean when a child learns a language they learn to speak it first, right? Then I started to realise why they start with the Hiragana. It not only aids pronunciation but it opens up a whole word of additional learning material. I really struggled with it though until I came across this site - https://www.tofugu.com/learn-japanese/

This teaches you in a way that it sticks in your head. I can now semi reliably recall a, e, u, i, o, ka, ke, ku, ki, ko after only 2 hours study (Which for me is quite an achievement).

Return to “Welcome Room”