A Yithian returns.

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Mr.Green
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

A Yithian returns.

Post by Mr.Green »

Hi All,

It seems that I've been returned from the elsewhere I've resided for so long. My recall is still a little blurry so please help me out a little. I have memories of posting every day with quite active games. That's something I can't commit to right now, but there should be games on here running a little slower than that?
How is the player/keeper ratio, I may even be tempted to run something if there's a surplus of players?

Your humble servant,
Mr.Green
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: A Yithian returns.

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Mr. Green! When I run games, I don't require daily posting (and sometimes I can't do it myself). Two or three times a week is my preferred pace. You'd be welcome to join mine if you're interested. There are significantly more players than Keepers, though some players can't commit to too many games. I'm in almost every game on this site, and I'd probably play in yours too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr.Green
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Mr.Green »

Hey Mr.Handy!

Yes, I think I should play for a while. Dr Who certainly gave me a nightmare or two as a child.

A month or two down the track I'll see if I'm ready to run as Keeper again on here. (For my game, I'm thinking a modern day Laundry Files setting... but I'll let my thoughts simmer for a while until the right story crawls out from the broth).

Cheers,
Mr.Green.
-ShoggothPete :mrgreen: -
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great! When you're ready to run something, I'll be eager to play.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

Hey mr. Green, are you interested in being an assistant GM for my home brewed campaign set in 1920s China? If you're interested, I'm willing to send you a Google Docs on the my GM notes.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6134
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Draconic
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by Draconic »

Hi, Mr. Green. My game places you in the role of an university student in New York State at a suburban university in which eerie incidents have been occurring. The game doesn't require you to post every day, and in fact can often keep running even without input from a certain player if they need to take a leave of absence for any given reason.
It's set within the Cthulhu Mythos, and has something of an anime theme in terms of the art style.

The game is a 100% original homebrew system, not entirely made by me of course, but not something that's ever been seen on this site. It has little to no similarity to Call of Cthulhu as far as I can tell, but it's designed specifically to be as simple as possible without taking away from the experience. It's meant to able to be played casually, without careful self moderation by the players, the GM takes care of everything from combat details to ability checks. And as it's largely story driven, there are many things that require skill points in CoC that can just be done implicitly here.

The only difficult part is character creation, and even then, that's not because of any complex formulas or details that need to be remembered. In fact, stats are fairly static. The reason I say it's difficult is because it requires some skill as a writer. Most of your sheet is a profile of your character, and character creation is more about who the character is as a person than what they can do.

There's a link to the rulebook in the game's OOC thread which is still currently in the 'Thinking of Running a Game' sub-forum. It contains available abilities, specifications, stat point distribution, etc. as well as a number of the dramatis personae that you'll meet over the course of the game, and most importantly, a template character that gives you an idea of what your sheet should look like. It's also an indication of my expectations when it comes to quality and detail.

If you decide to have a look, give me a shout if you're interested.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Mr. Green! Hi man! And welcome back!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)

Return to “Welcome Room”