Hello

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Hello

Post by welsh »

Hello- old admin,keeper and player stopping in. Might be up for joining a game and thinking of starting one.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Hello

Post by HoneyDog »

Welcome back Welsh!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Welsh! Anything you run, count me in!

Zombie Apocalypse had a nice long run. I finished Chapter 6, which concluded the first day, almost five years ago. Chapter 7 started soon thereafter, but several long time players left after Chapter 6, which was a convenient stopping point, and the game eventually slowed to a crawl and stalled out when all of the players stopped posting. I brought it back last year when Dave and Laraqua returned, but they later dropped out and the game stalled again. I'd be interested in possibly rebooting it if we can get enough players, but so far nobody has shown interest. I'd like to be a player if you run it again, but I don't know if I have time to run it myself if it grows to the size it was before. I have my hands full as it is with my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, which has been running for over seven years and is now on its fifth(!) adventure, The Horror in the Blackout, which is set in London in September 1940. I have a lot of players, but I'd squeeze you in if you want to join.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by welsh »

Hey Handy. Thanks for the welcome. I saw you took the game mucher further than I had imagined it might go. Well done! I did see you gpt the survivors to the missile base. As I recall we had considered a seperate story line in which a joint Chinese/Russian crew made a dangerous discovery on the moon, but that would have been a bit crazy. I am impressed you carried it so long,

I have been thinking of a campaign of sorts, modern with government agents, sort of Delta Green-ish but not so steeped in DG's mythology. and not even necessarily mythos. Essentially ouer heroes would be investigating what might be interrelated cases or overlapping cases- utilizing DC mechanics but not really sure if this is a Cthulu story or something else. I am not sure if it would work, You recall, Zombie Apoc started with a plot that was Romero-esque- with fast and slow zombies, and that these were related to a neteor shower, that the meteors actually carried aggressive space aliens. So players don't know what to expect and given the immediacy of the story, are often reactive. If and when the Mythos show up, our players are thinking "WTF? We got to deal with Mythos too?"

This would be slower but I don't want players thinking "Oh yeah, I know what Old One is up to nastiness" or "I smell ghouls!" I am not saying the mythos are not in the mix, but rather to give players something different where the mystery of what's going on is revealed in slivers and there may well be multiple distinctive puzzles.

Or maybe its just I am enjoying Twin Peaks and am happy with the possibility that not everything has to make sense or fit into the fabric of one story,

In this game, our players will usually be tasked to investigate cases. I have a couple in mind including a couple of classic modern scenarios. But I think the first involves a Foteign Officer who has gone missing in Colombias, perhaps in a matter related to monitoring the peace agreement between FARC rebels and the government. Our characters are sent to quietly find out what happened and bring the missing man back.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, and thanks for the compliments!

Your campaign does sound interesting, and I'd love to play in it. You should check out True Detective if you haven't already seen it. That might also have some inspiration for your campaign.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Welcome Room”