Page 1 of 1

Hallo!!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:43 am
by ajcesq
Hi there, I'm new!! Research student at Cambridge keen on Gaslight...or classic...

Re: Hallo!!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:54 am
by Tabs
:)

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:13 pm
by evil_scientist
ajcesq wrote:Research student at Cambridge
Is that your self-introduction or your CoC character? ;)

Welcome!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:16 pm
by HoneyDog
If you feel like running a gaslight game, I'm in!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:39 pm
by ajcesq
HoneyDog wrote:If you feel like running a gaslight game, I'm in!
I might just do that!!!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 pm
by Wolf
Welcome! Im interested as well!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:13 pm
by ajcesq
I'm happy to run a Gaslight campaign, but I haven't run play by post before...I need a guru for some advice...

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:15 pm
by ajcesq
evil_scientist wrote:
ajcesq wrote:Research student at Cambridge
Is that your self-introduction or your CoC character? ;)

Welcome!
I didn't think I was a character straight out of an M. R. James story but, hey, now you mention it...

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:54 pm
by evil_scientist
Just don't go for a holiday to the English seaside.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:00 pm
by ajcesq
evil_scientist wrote:Just don't go for a holiday to the English seaside.
It's an hour away from my house! Besides, swimming in the cold ocean is good for the soul!! And holds the madness at bay!!!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:03 pm
by HoneyDog
ajcesq wrote:I'm happy to run a Gaslight campaign, but I haven't run play by post before...I need a guru for some advice...
If you find a game and play a while I think you'll get into it pretty soon. Have a look to which games are open.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:04 pm
by ajcesq
So, if I want to start a gaslight campaign, who do I have to...

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:26 pm
by evil_scientist
ajcesq wrote:So, if I want to start a gaslight campaign, who do I have to...
I think the procedure is to post a call for players here: viewforum.php?f=39

And then make a post with the title and the description of the game, an admin will use these to create a forum for you.

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome, ajcesq! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. I'm not currently running a Gaslight or Classic era game. I do have plans for a Gaslight scenario as part of my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but it'll be years before I get to it. If you do run one, I'd be interested in playing.

Evil_scientist has it right. I'm an admin, and I'm usually the one who creates new boards for the games.

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:02 am
by ajcesq
Thanks...

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:03 am
by ajcesq
...everybody.

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:36 am
by ajcesq
HoneyDog wrote:
ajcesq wrote:I'm happy to run a Gaslight campaign, but I haven't run play by post before...I need a guru for some advice...
If you find a game and play a while I think you'll get into it pretty soon. Have a look to which games are open.
Nothing looks open. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome! You can find games to join in Existing Games Looking for Players and in ...I'm Thinking of Running a Game. There are a few games just starting up that you could still join there, or you could join one in progress if you like.

You'd be welcome to join my games as well. I'm running a Cthulhu Invictus scenario called The Brotherhood of Death which is set in 44 BC Rome. It's most of the way through, but it wouldn't be too hard to catch up on it. I could use someone to take over an abandoned character. This is the fourth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first three adventures to play. If you do want to read the first three adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature. After this adventure concludes, which should be in the next few months, I plan to start a new one.

I've also brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that stalled when all of the players stopped posting, after a lengthy hiatus. It's non-Mythos, but it uses the Call of Cthulhu rules and has its own similar mythology. It's set in the nebulous near future at the start of the zombie outbreak. It's survival horror rather than investigative horror. While a lot has happened, it's still early on the second day, so you could jump in without too much catching up (unless you take over characters who have been around for a long time). Currently the game has stalled again. You can find the recruitment thread here, and the game itself is here.

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:42 am
by ajcesq
Thanks Mr H...