I once was lost...now I am found

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
zx14r
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

I once was lost...now I am found

Post by zx14r »

Greetings from the UK all, I played CoC many years ago and with the release of CoC 7th and other superb works like Delta Green I am drawn back. Totally new to Play-by-post but recent changes on my work location have meant leaving my regular tabletop group and this looks like an ideal way to play a genre I love even remotely.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: I once was lost...now I am found

Post by Overlord87 »

Welcome! I understand your situation, although for me it was the other way around. I stayed near my hometown, while my play group scattered (literally) to the four corners of the world. Play by post is not like live, but it's good in its own way. Have fun ;)
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Welcome!

I enjoy the "literacy" of play-by-post, it gives you a chance to describe things in depth (though it's not required). And, of course, it helps when you don't have a gaming group!
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Welcome too! This is very different but it's a great way to play. It can take a long time to play but please persevere!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. I don't have an in person group either, so play by post is the only way I can play outside of conventions. I don't mind the slow pace. For someone perpetually short on free time like me, it's the only way I have time to play. It also has numerous advantages over tabletop.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Welcome Room”