Hello!

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Wolf
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Hello!

Post by Wolf »

Hello there! Im Wolf and im glad to have found this place. Im a newbie in CoC. Although i have dwelved a little in D&D; I find the Lovecraftian theme much more attractive. Im just lurking until i learn the ropes around here, but im eager to join a game as soon as i can!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Re: Hello!

Post by evil_scientist »

Welcome!
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Hello Wolf. I hope we can find a spot for you. Let me know if you're interested.
Wolf
Layman
Layman

Post by Wolf »

HoneyDog wrote:Hello Wolf. I hope we can find a spot for you. Let me know if you're interested.
Sure! If there's a campaign yet to begin im very interested
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

We're playing The Edge of Darkness now - the characters are just getting introduced and we're going to be heading into the game proper very soon. If you would like to join we would have to make your character right away!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard, Wolf! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

I'm running a Cthulhu Invictus scenario called The Brotherhood of Death which is set in 44 BC Rome. It's most of the way through, but it wouldn't be too hard to catch up on it. I could use someone to take over an abandoned character (ex-gladiator Aricus Callidus Gladio). The character sheet is in this thread. It is built on page 2, and you can find the sheet there. I never did have time to compile these sheets into their final form and put them in the Character Sheets thread.), or you could create a new character. This is the fourth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about Doctor Who or the first three adventures to play. If you do want to read the first three adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature.

I've also brought back Zombie Apocalypse, a long-running game that stalled when all of the players stopped posting, after a lengthy hiatus. It's non-Mythos, but it uses the Call of Cthulhu rules and has its own similar mythology. It's set in the nebulous near future at the start of the zombie outbreak. It's survival horror rather than investigative horror. While a lot has happened, it's still early on the second day, so you could jump in without too much catching up (unless you take over characters who have been around for a long time). Currently the game has stalled again. You can find the recruitment thread here, and the game itself is here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Wolf
Layman
Layman

Post by Wolf »

Thanks, Mr Handy! For now im going to just focus on one campaign(Edge of Darkness)until get the ropes of play-by-post (or else the characters may get messed up in my head, haha!). Im going to read Brotherhood of Death and see if i can fit in, though.

Return to “Welcome Room”