Greetings

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
cpaprox
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Greetings

Post by cpaprox »

I come from a place where the only board games available are Monopoly, Risk, and Dungeons & Dragons (Books and other merchandise aren't sold though). The people playing Dungeons & Dragons are extremely few and are almost nonexistent.

Let's just say tabletop role-playing isn't pretty big around here.

I came to these boards to try and play a game with actual people this time. I tried to play CoC solo using various solo-roleplay engines but knowing what to expect and having so much control over everything kind of killed it for me.

Hopefully I might be able to find a game with a patient GM ready and finally play Call of Cthulhu under someone else's vision.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: Greetings

Post by Overlord87 »

Welcome ;) I fear play-by-forum it's not exactly the best way to approach roleplaying, but I hope you can enjoy the experience. I don't know if there are games open right now, but usually a new one starts once every few weeks.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Greetings

Post by aine »

This style of play takes a little getting used to if you usually sit face to face but I think the roleplaying is far richer and more rewarding on this site than anything else I've come across. I've had some super characters in desperate nail-biting situations and I'm sad to see them go at game's end as I've really got to know them.

It may be slower but there's may a time I've enjoyed 'sitting on the bus' pondering the latest events in a game and deciding how my character is going to react next.

You unlocked them?" asked the man in a quiet voice, then suddenly louder: "Are you mad? They were locked in for a reason! A reason which your friend no doubt discovered! If you were to see a button on a sign that says 'Danger', would you push that as well? Oh, my word! I will have to go down and round them up. You are all fools. All of you." He rose to his feet and started making his way over to the shelves lined with jars and vials.

"They didn't look dangerous," says Irene. "They looked like naked people - most of them women - who were missing limbs and were being held against their will. How are they dangerous? My God, Julia's down there with them!" She hurries to the trapdoor, where John is sitting. "You've got to move!"

John looks up, sees Irene approach and cowers back, "No. What does she want? Don't touch me!" He shudders and holds up his hands to stop her touching him.

Irene takes a step back. "I'm not going to touch you," she says. She has no intention of trying to force him aside. As strong as she is, the big man easily outclasses her. She doubts any of them could manage it, except perhaps Doug. There must be something wrong with him, she thinks. Most chaps would love it if I touched them. "But you've got to get off the trapdoor. Julia is stuck down there, and she's in peril!"

The faintest ghost of a sickly smile crosses John's face. "I know her game, tricky she devil! She can't fool me, oh no." He blatantly avoids looking at Irene, instead he looks at Hewitt and Doug. "There's no need to go downstairs, it wasn't me, it's all fine, all fine. Best not to really."

"What's gotten into him?" murmurs Florence. "What happened?"

Irene studies John closely, trying to figure out what could be wrong with him.

As Irene leans in close John shrieks in terror, "She's one of THEM! God, get her away from me! Nooooo!" He can't decide whether to fight or flee but there's no where to run to. He sinks down, sobbing, curls into a ball on the trapdoor and waits for the end.

Extract from Home Front Mythos, Keeper Laraqua

Return to “Welcome Room”