Hello!

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Emma.Wyatt
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Hello!

Post by Emma.Wyatt »

Hello there.

I've been lurking on the Yog Sothoth site for a couple weeks. I'm planning on running a CoC game for some friends in the fall. I've never been keeper before and haven't played since the late 90s.

I kept seeing people suggest other new keepers get some experience in a play by post game and since I'm just too excited to wait until the fall I thought I'd try to join a game here to get my Cthulhu fix in the meantime. I could also use a refresher since it's been so long.

I have the 6ed rulebooks if that is relevant. I'm sorry for rambling on :)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: Hello!

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi Miss Wyatt!

Welcome, most welcome.
Do set up a game and try it out on us. I've set your account as validated so you can post elsewhere.

Cheers!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Emma Wyatt! If you want to run a game here, you can advertise it in the I'm Thinking of Running a Game... board to find players for it. 6th edition is just fine. Those are the books I have too, and most of the games here are in 6th, though a few will be in 7th or even in entirely different systems.

There are also several games here if you're looking to play as well. You'd be welcome to join my game, a Cthulhu Invictus scenario called The Brotherhood of Death set in 44 BC. It's still in the early stages, so it wouldn't be too hard to catch up on it. There are a couple of abandoned investigators, and I could use someone to take over one, or you could create a new character. This is the fourth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anyting about Doctor Who or the first three adevntures to play (unless you take over Lucius, who has been in the campaign since the beginning). If you do want to read the first three adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by laitang »

Hi and welcome!
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Post by Supercape »

Hi and all that jazz :)

If you are interested in an African 1890s expedition, I shall soon be wrapping up "The Dark Continent" and there will be a follow up a few years later - space for one more PC. You may have to wait a couple of weeks till it appears though!
Emma.Wyatt
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Emma.Wyatt »

Mr. Handy wrote:Welcome, Emma Wyatt! If you want to run a game here, you can advertise it in the I'm Thinking of Running a Game... board to find players for it. 6th edition is just fine. Those are the books I have too, and most of the games here are in 6th, though a few will be in 7th or even in entirely different systems.

There are also several games here if you're looking to play as well. You'd be welcome to join my game, a Cthulhu Invictus scenario called The Brotherhood of Death set in 44 BC. It's still in the early stages, so it wouldn't be too hard to catch up on it. There are a couple of abandoned investigators, and I could use someone to take over one, or you could create a new character. This is the fourth scenario in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anyting about Doctor Who or the first three adevntures to play (unless you take over Lucius, who has been in the campaign since the beginning). If you do want to read the first three adventures, you can find them in the Hall of Fame via the links in my signature.
I am trying not to be forum illiterate and failing. I would like to try this out and would happily take over any investigator you'd like me to. Thank you!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! There are two characters that have been abandoned, and you may choose whichever one you prefer. This will be a lot less work for you than creating your own character, and it makes things easier on me as well. The character of Lucius Verres has been a companion of Story, the Time Lord, since the beginning of the campaign. He is actually from 80 BC, 36 years before this scenario takes place. While he is a Roman and is more familiar with Rome than Story and his fellow companions, he does not know about what has happened in the intervening time. Lucius is a finder, the ancient Roman equivalent of a private detective. If you choose to play him, you will need to look back through the first three adventures at least a little so that you can get a feel for him, in addition to catching up on what he has done so far in this adventure. You can find his character sheet in the Character Sheets thread in the game forum (there's a link to The Brotherhood of Death forum in my signature).

The other character who has been abandoned is local to the time and place where the adventure takes place: Titus Iunius Philo, an augur (someone who foretells the future through various means). His character sheet is on the first page of the Character Creation/Rules thread, found here. I haven't written up his character sheet in the Character Sheets thread yet. If you play him, you'll only need to catch up on what he's done so far in this adventure.

You may read the Introduction thread, but other than that, you may only read In Character threads that include your character, at least until the adventure is over. If you play Lucius, you'll need to read All Roads Lead to Rome, followed by A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Cold Pursuit, A Royal Audience, and Plans and Schemes. If you play Titus, you'll need to read A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Walk Like an Egyptian, A Royal Audience, and Plans and Schemes. At the end of each thread, you'll find a link directing you to the next one.

Once you've chosen your character and caught up on your reading, you may begin posting in the Plans and Schemes thread any time you're ready. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Welcome aboard, and have fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Welcome Room”