Greetings from the moss dripping, usually gray skies of WA

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Greetings from the moss dripping, usually gray skies of WA

Post by Ritterton »

Just started getting back into the game I loved playing in the 1980s. 7th Ed quick start is awesome...have a character and everything, but I need to find a way to play...rural Washington doesn't have a huge pool of RPGers and for CoC, even smaller. I love to play by post on another game, Pathfinder, somewhat familiar with inserting dice rolls and such.

History and government are my specialties - and writing. So, would really enjoy being picked up for a game if you need someone. Character is a researcher/antique dealer in the Philadelphia area that was a WWI Observation Balloon veteran. So, hit me up if you want a player --- or if you have a family member that is a Twihard as I can provide a lot of info about that fandom too!

Rod
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Greetings from the moss dripping, usually gray skies of

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Rod! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join my games, and I'm more than happy to take on new players. They're sixth edition rather than 7th. The Brotherhood of Death, the fourth adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, is a Cthulhu Invictus adventure set in Rome in 44 BC. It's currently just getting underway. No knowledge of Doctor Who or the first three adventures is required (though you can read them if you like), and there's a thread detailing occupations and setting background that I'm constructing.

I also run Zombie Apocalypse, a modern near-future non-Mythos game, though with a similar mythology. It has been stalled lately and could use some fresh brains.

There was also Space Oddity, based on Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and set in 1969 Philadelphia, but that has been dead for a long time, as all of the players have disappeared. I can bring it back if there's interest. This is the only one in an era where your character would fit, if you either made it a lot older or modified the backstory. Either way, we'd need to convert it to 6th edition from 7th. Alternatively, you could always create a new character or pick up an abandoned one in any of my games.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

I would be interested in the Invictus one...watching the Doctor right now with my son...love the Dr...Also saw another Keeper doing WWI, so maybe yours in ancient rome and his if he is interested.

As I don't own a rule book for 6th, I would say I just set up the dice rolls per your standards and then go from there...

Reading thread right now.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great, I'd be glad to have you join! The Character Creation/Rules thread has full instructions. The Friends, Romans, Countrymen thread lists most of the occupations with their occupational skills and starting money. I'll try to get the rest of them up tomorrow.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Welcome aboard!

I'm sure our WWI game could use some extra blood. ;-)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Thanks Doc, read through that...pretty cool campaign...so, hoping to hear from the Keeper...just finished the character generation for the Invictus campaign...two is going to be my max...I think
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Don't forget that games move slowly here. ;)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

LOL, well, single dad two weeks of every four, and juggling a few other things...slow may be a good way for me to start, Doc and to be honest it's been a few years since I really played this game...so, it takes a bit for the brain to catch up on all of those details! ;-)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Aha, I see where you're going :)

Don't worry about the system too much. Most of us here focus on the narrative. And I don't think I can recall anyone ever ruleslawyering on here.
We're a laid back crowd.

Return to “Welcome Room”