Greetings From the Black Seas of Infinity!

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Clammy721
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Greetings From the Black Seas of Infinity!

Post by Clammy721 »

Hello to all! This is my first post here and I must say I'm a tad nervous. I've not participated in a Play by Post before but I'm eagerly looking forward to any opportunities that may await. This is the best way for me to play CoC as I don't really have an rpg game group, other than my 2 kids who I sometimes use as unwilling guinea pigs. I have a 6th ed core rulebook and a smattering of scenarios/supplements but have never really been able to put them to the test. So hopefully I'll get a chance to show off my low level newb skills. Looking forward to any future interaction with the community. Thank You!
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Greetings From the Black Seas of Infinity!

Post by DrPeterson »

Welcome aboard, Clammy!

Tell us a little about yourself, like where you're from. Who knows we might be around for actual tabletopping! :)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Clammy721
Layman
Layman

Post by Clammy721 »

I live in the Orlando, Florida area, St. Cloud to be exact. I love tabletop boardgaming and have dabbled in various RPG's. Of course, all things Lovecraftian are very near and dear to my heart and have been wanting to immerse myself in the world of Call of Cthulhu roleplaying but as I stated previously, I don't have and RPG group that I can play with. My wonderful wife and 2 kids will occasionally run scenarios with me but it's more of an appeasement to me. And I usually have to play keeper which is not my strong point, not to mention I really want to play an investigator. So I'm hoping I can catch on here and become part of the community.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

I'm sure you'll feel right at home. We have a few games that are about to start and I'm sure you'll find something to your liking.

Mr Handy will verify you later on, he's in your timezone, but a few states higher.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Clammy! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. I also can't find a local tabletop group, and I don't have a family that will play with me. This site is the only way, other than conventions, that I get to play.

There are a few games just starting up that could use another player, including my own (The Brotherhood of Death, the board's first Cthulhu Invictus scenario). You can take a look through "I'm Thinking of Running a Game..." and "Existing Games Looking for Players" to see what's out there and find out more about those games.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Clammy721
Layman
Layman

Post by Clammy721 »

Mr. Handy wrote:Welcome, Clammy! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. I also can't find a local tabletop group, and I don't have a family that will play with me. This site is the only way, other than conventions, that I get to play.

There are a few games just starting up that could use another player, including my own (The Brotherhood of Death, the board's first Cthulhu Invictus scenario). You can take a look through "I'm Thinking of Running a Game..." and "Existing Games Looking for Players" to see what's out there and find out more about those games.
Thank you! I'll be checking out the game forums ASAP and can't wait to hopefully find one to join in.

Return to “Welcome Room”