Hi Everyone.

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Hi Everyone.

Post by Raiko »

Hi everyone, I'm back again and currently in the mood to try and run a CoC game again, possibly a fresh attempt at Masks.

I'm not planning to resurrect either of my graveyard games, to be honest it's so long since I read either of them that it's actually too daunting for me to catch up with my own games any more! They were both unforgettably amazing games to run, but I know that if I attempted to resurrect either game again then I'd fail, so better to start afresh I think. Hopefully I've learned some lessons and can keep the initial momentum going this time. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Hi Everyone.

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Raiko! :D If you do start Masks again, you can definitely count me in! I have a ready-made character from Gomez's Masks game that never really got off the ground: Amy Lawrence.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Count me in.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Oh! Hello there Gary!
I'll be lurking and see how it fares. Possibly joining if you want an erratic poster. :D

I did try to run a pre-Masks scenario, but got no further than the introductions. I think it was fun as long as it lasted.

Welcome back!

What character would I be interested in playing? A dandy socialite with an interest in Edgar Allan Poe. Named George Shelby.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Masks? Did someone say Masks?

I'd like to join too, please.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by Job »

Y'know, I would welcome a chance to find myself babbling in an asylum alongside a few other luminaries of this fine website!

J.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Welcome back Gary! If you need anything to help you get up and running, let me know!
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Thanks for the welcome back messages! :) And it seems that I've once again underestimated the popularity of Masks - I've not even posted a recruitment thread yet! lol

Everybody who posted here that they'd like to join in would be most welcome; the more long-term forum users are playing, the more likely I am to be able to keep the game going. The first stumble in my previous attempt was the loss of a couple of the starting players in the New York chapter

@Mr Handy: Your Amy Lawrence character would be ideal. I'm actually planning to make sure that every starting investigator is a 'friend of Jackson Elias' this time, as well as an acquaintance of at least one other investigator.

I've realised running Masks and playing in HotOE that having only one investigator with close ties to the patron NPC is a potential pitfall with these campaigns, more so with a slow running play-by-post than a tabletop game.

I'm planning to stick to six investigators this time, and I'd prefer at least half to have no prior experience of the adventure. Assuming that the game isn't already full I'll post a recruitment thread later in the week and the adventure will kick off in the next week or two.

One more thing, I am considering running the adventure using 7th Edition - I've only got the freebie starter rules, but I think the pdfs are on sale now? Am I wrong? And would anyone strongly object to 7th Edition? I prefer smaller skill set.

I do still love 4th/5th/5.5/6th edition though, so I'll happily stick to the old rules if you all prefer, or if anyone hates 7th. I'm quite loose with the rules anyway.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome!

Woohoo! 8-) I've been itching to play Masks, and I'm determined to see it through to the Sanity-blasting end. I've seen bits of Masks from your previous run and have been exposed to a few spoilers, but all of that was years ago and I've already forgotten most of it. Besides, if I do remember that a certain character is actually a cultist, I'll just play Amy as the naive and trusting soul that she is, and none of the other players will be the wiser.

I do prefer 6th edition to 7th. I'm not only much more familiar with 6th, but I have reservations about some of the parts of 7th that I have seen. Plus I'd probably have to redesign my character. That said, I'm still eager to play even if it is 7th edition! The PDFs are on sale, but the print version isn't yet available.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

6th edition it is then (well 5.5 for me, but it's 99-100% identical).

Royya, DrPeterson, Job and Mr.Handy you're all in if you still want to be.

I've posted a new thread in the "Thinking of running a game" forum, if you post there then please say that you're one of the four already picked players so that others know that there's still two places available .:)

Syrinx, I fear that you're a little too knowledgeable about the campaign, but perhaps a cameo part for George Shelby if someone drops out during New York - if I don't get two other players though then you'd be most welcome.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I'm fine with doing a villain or NPC for a spell, no worries.
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The game forum will be up shortly... :)

...and it's up!

Character Creation Thread: viewtopic.php?f=346&t=5521
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

mananee wrote:I've seen bits of Masks from your previous run and have been exposed to a few spoilers, but all of that was years ago and I've already forgotten most of it.
sbobet333
Hi mananee, sorry I haven't checked back on this thread for a few days. Welcome to the forums.

We've already started Masks, and it's full at the moment.

I've got a 'reserve list' in case players have to drop out, but there are current two players on the reserve list. Three is as many 'reserves' as I'll have.

So if you'd like to be number three reserve, then let me know. :)

I've been guilty of adding too many players to my games in the past, to the extent that I struggle to run the game. So no more than seven players this time.

Return to “Welcome Room”