Hello!

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
earkalspea
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years

Hello!

Post by earkalspea »

Hi! My name is Earkalspea!

Im absolutely delighted to join this forum. Place. Thingy.

I've recently introduced myself to the Cthulhu Mythos at large, and I'm currently doing my homework in regards to the lore (I'm reading through the original Call of Cthulhu story as of now).

I acquired a CoC core rulebook last December, and have been trying to setup a game with local friends for over 3 months. After being stood up for the umpteenth time, I decided just not to bother and find some online alternative. Luckily, this was here!

I'm familiar enough with the rules of Call of Cthulhu (Combat is still a bit tricky for me to understand) and I have several character sheets already made for myself (in case I need a replacement on the fly :P), so I shouldn't be too much of a burden on anyone's game. My present time is Pacific Standard, but I'd be open to just about any wonky time of the day for a game.

Ok, whew, hopefully that's how this sort of thing work.
Can't wait to play!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Hello!

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Earkalspea! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'll find that time zones don't really matter with play by post. There are people on this site from all over the world, and we post whenever we're able. Many people post once per day, or even less frequently, in their games. We just check for new posts and respond when we have time.

You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games, if you're interested.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Erakalspe, I'm setting up a student dorm at Miskatonic University. The Sunday Club is recruiting members for horrific excursions and nightly fun and fare.

If you have a student lying around, feel free to submit her or him to the roster for joining the upcoming seance.

Setting; Modern
Start: Arkham
End: Wherever fate take you...
Number of players: 1-4

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
earkalspea
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years

Post by earkalspea »

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
All of your games sound really interesting. How do I join a campaign? Do I submit a charcater, just jump in? How would I go about doing this?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In my game you provide a picture and a back story how you know the two persons required to join the club. Roll up a character and pot your stuff in the applications thread for The Sunday Club.

It's just to jump in and chat in any game (out of character). If it's alive. You will get further instructions from the Keeper.

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! For my games, all you need to do is let me know which one (or ones) you wish to join, either by posting here or in each game's OOC chat thread, and I'll give you further instructions for joining. You'll be able to choose between taking over existing, abandoned characters, which will require some back reading, or creating new ones. Each game has its own character creation instructions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I have a game set on the Orient Express mere days before the onset of World War II. While it's been going for a few months, the game involves more independent PC actions which interweave into a central story so you won't be missing out on anything to hop into it now.

You can find out more here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4665
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Welcome Room”