New Player looking for a Call of Cthulhu Game

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
xxxsmb1987xxx
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 4 months

New Player looking for a Call of Cthulhu Game

Post by xxxsmb1987xxx »

As the subject says I am new to the play-by-post kinda of stuff and I would really like to play Call of Cthulhu. I have been wanting to play for some time could someone please send me in the right direction to someone who would accept a newbie such as myself? Oh and btw my name is Shawn :D I hope to hear from someone soon and in the mean time happy gamming :P

*edit* Oh and idk if you guys do D&D as well but I would also love to play that as well I have alot more experience in D&D then I do with COC. I know 2nd ed, 3rd, and 3.5 :D
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New Player looking for a Call of Cthulhu Game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Shawn! I've validated you, so now you can post in the game boards. You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games, and I'm sure there are others looking for players. I've taken on new players before in my games, and I'd be happy to show you the ropes. I don't believe there are any D&D games here, but there are some on Dark and Moody that may accept new players.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is on its third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is a UNIT adventure set in Dunwich, England in 1985. There are two openings right now: Valerie Soames, little old lady (and UNIT covert operative) and Raymond MacIntyre, UNIT Technical Advisor. There's some catching up involved, but it should be manageable; we've recently started Episode 3. No knowledge of the first two games is needed, but you can read them in the Hall of Fame if you like.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for over seven and a half years, but you could join in with little to no catching up, as we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). You could take over existing characters or create your own.

Space Oddity is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for well over four and a half years, but you wouldn't need to catch up if you create a new character. You could also take over an existing character; the amount of back reading required varies depending on which one you want.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: New Player looking for a Call of Cthulhu Game

Post by Laraqua »

I have space on The Last Express where you'd board the Orient Express that ranges from France to Germany to Istanbul. We can always add on new characters or, alternatively, you could pick up an existing one: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4665
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Welcome Room”