An Enthusiastic Hello

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
The Hunter
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

An Enthusiastic Hello

Post by The Hunter »

Hello! A little background on me I spose. I'm new to the Call of Cthulhu game and the Mythos to be perfectly honest. I've seen references to it quite a bit through my other endeavors and it had always piqued my interest, so I've finally decided to look into. I purchased the 6th edition of the Call of Cthulhu game rulebook and have been reading it page by page and I absolutely love the concept and am super excited to get to play. While I'm new to the game and world of Call of Cthulhu I'm not new to RPGs. My father started with the first D&D starter box and has been playing ever since, raising me on 2nd Edition AD&D and then moving to 3rd Ed on to 3.5. We never made it to 4th. We opted out of Wizards of the Coast and migrated to Paizo's Pathfinder which we now play regularly. I'm 24 years old with a decent amount of RPG background and (since I've been raised by an older gamer) I still respect the older styles of play and as a matter of fact still rather enjoy them, mixing a little of the newer styles in here and there. I'm also not new to the PbP world of RPGs. My first experience was playing on the forums of TOS+ after a few of the games I was in there slowed to a halt due to players leaving and eventually dying entirely I moved on and found a very well organized and well thought out PbP for the Game of Thrones based SIFRPG. Sadly, the endeavor was too much for the GM and he opted out after about two months of the game.

So in short I'm excited to try my hand at Call of Cthulhu, meet the rest of you guys, and have a great and horrifyingly thrilling time :)
Last edited by The Hunter on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have an idea...it starts with "S" and ends with "litting your throat."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: An Enthusiastic Hello

Post by Kadael »

Hey and welcome to the forums! Very exciting to have new meat to play with. The Elders should be along soon to complete your initiation. :D
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'm running a game set shortly before the onset of World War II on the Orient Express. It works a little differently in that rather than being part of an investigative party you board the train with your own intrigues and then set about clashing and forging alliances with PCs and NPCs as you try to survive the situation aboard the train. You can find more information here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4665
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Hunter! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
The Hunter
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by The Hunter »

Thank you :)! Are there any in particular that are in need or want of a player :)? I'd to try to jump in on one that is already too full :P
I have an idea...it starts with "S" and ends with "litting your throat."

Return to “Welcome Room”