Wud up

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Wud up

Post by Yigcredible »

Wud up, young money? I am not a spambot. I am a real human being, a real American hero. I am a student and part-time federal employee in Washington, D.C. I am a fan of Lovecraft, mostly because his stuff is so good, and also because it's free and in the public domain. I have heard good things about the CoC RPG and would like to try some PbP action. I know PbP games are slow so I am under no illusions about their pace. I may also run a CoC one-shot to get a hang of the game!
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Wud up

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Yigcredible! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. You'd be welcome to join my games. Though they've been running for a long time, I could still get you in with a minimum of catching up. My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is currently full up, but there should come a time later on when it will be possible to introduce a new character, or if a player leaves, an existing character could become available. Zombie Apocalypse is modern non-Mythos, though with its own similar mythology. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. Both have plenty of room for new players, whether you want to take over abandoned characters or create your own.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Yigcredible »

Thanks for the welcome. The Zombie game looks interesting but perhaps a bit convoluted for me. I'm also not sure how much time I'll have for a game so I think I'll try and see if I can get into a traditional CoC game on here. But thanks!
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Welcome Yigcredible. You are welcome to try my game I'm about to kick off, The Haunting. It's a great beginners module for newer players. Hope to see you there.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Yigcredible »

So unfortunately I disappeared after I first started this account. My apologies for my sudden disappearance, but suffice it to say real life got in the way. I am still a part-time fed and a full-time grad student but now I am also the father of a 11 week-old little girl :D

Hoping to get back into the CoC RPG and actually see out a game this time. Also open to potentially running a one-shot of my own
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Yigcredible, and congratulations! My games have openings now if you're interested. Space Oddity has been dead for months after my last players disappeared, but I can bring it back if there's interest. Zombie Apocalypse is barely crawling along with almost all of the players gone, but one has just returned and posted. Another player could help keep it going. The Shadow Over Dunwich still has several players, and I can introduce a new UNIT character at this point, or you could take over an existing abandoned character.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Welcome Room”