Um...greetings

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
HasturAndCassilda
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Um...greetings

Post by HasturAndCassilda »

Hey everybody! I'm obviously new to this community and looking to get started. I am a high school English teacher from Texas, well-experienced in RPGs overall, but haven't yet had the opportunity to play CoC. I am a big fan of all things Lovecraftian, and am currently working on getting a novel published that deals with aspects of the mythos. I am eager to have my middling sanity score reduced to charnel. Bring it on.

So. How are you?
"The shadows lengthen in Carcosa."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Um...greetings

Post by Laraqua »

Nice to meet you too. I'm running a Masks the Nyarlathotep game here and The Last Express (1939 campaign set aboard the Orient Express before the war) which you're welcome to join. You can find the first one in Existing Games and the second in I'm Thinking of Running a Game. Other than having fun on here, I'm currently busy prepping for my real world Masks of Nyarlathotep. My sanity score flattened at 0 a loooong time ago. I'a I'a and all that. ;)
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Nero
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Nero »

Welcome! I highly recommend joining in both of the aforementioned games (if Masks has an open spot is a different matter). I am in both of them and TLE is fun so far, and I have yet to dive into the Masks game yet as I just joined. I am new to the CoC game, but I am deeply embroiled in the mythos and have studied intricately nearly all aspects of it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Masks has open spots though they require a bit of prior reading. Most of the female roles require far less than the male roles though there is a potential ... hex ... that could considerably reduce the amount of reading time required.

The Last Express is always a very easy game to enter.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. I'm in both of the games Laraqua mentioned, and they're excellent!

I'm running a few games myself. My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign doesn't currently have any openings, as it would be tricky to add new characters at this point. However, it should be possible later on, and there's always the possibility of a player leaving.

Zombie Apocalypse (non-Mythos, but with a similar mythology, set in the modern day) and Space Oddity (set in 1969 Philadelphia, inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes) are long-running games, but they move slowly. If you take over abandoned characters, it would require some reading to catch up (how much depends on which character), though if you create your own it would not.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Nero
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Nero »

I like your name by the way. The King In Yellow is my favorite lesser mythos that has been incorporated into all of the Lovecraftiana.
HasturAndCassilda
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by HasturAndCassilda »

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I'll be trying to flesh out a character today - will be looking into the Orient Express game first. From there, I suppose the world is my oyster.
"The shadows lengthen in Carcosa."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Welcome. If you are interested, I'm getting a new run of the Haunting going. It's a great starter module for newer players.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “Welcome Room”