Hi there

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
trilobite
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Hi there

Post by trilobite »

Hello everyone,
I'm trilobite and I used to hang out on enworld a few years ago. I am very interested in all things Mythos, Horror, and sc-fi related. I have played in a few pbp games but it's been a while. :D
Lex_Innokenti
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Re: Hi there

Post by Lex_Innokenti »

Hello and welcome, Trilobite!

Someone will be along to verify your account shortly, but in the meantime - and given your stated interests - I'm running a Sci-fi Horror CoC game set in my own homebrew future called In The Silence Between Stars which is just coming to the end of character creation (so you can make your own character, before I have to fill out the rest of the crew) and might be right up your street!

Once you've got game board access, you can take a look at the boards for it (there isn't much there right now, as the game's still in its early stages).
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I have a 1939 campaign involving the Orient Express that will start soon and will revolve around a variety of different threats and plots from Mythos to the mundane.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Trilobite! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. I'm running three games here, and you'd be welcome to join any or all of them.

Zombie Apocalypse is non-Mythos survival horror set in the near future, though it has its own similar mythology. Some of its influences are the movies of George Romero and Quentin Tarantino. It's been running for just over seven years, but we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). There are numerous unclaimed characters, and you could even make one or two of your own. If you don't choose characters that were added prior to Chapter 7, there isn't all that much catching up you'll need to do. You may play multiple characters. In fact, this is recommended, as the game is highly lethal.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for four years and a few months. Currently there are only three active players, but there are plenty of abandoned characters waiting to be taken over, or you could create your own instead.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign's current adventure is set in 1985 Dunwich, England. The campaign has been running for almost three years, and this adventure (the third) is over nine months old. There isn't currently any room to add in a new character, but you could take over an abandoned one. The only character currently available is Elliot Webb, a UNIT covert operative. This campaign is more inspired by the classic series than the new one, and the current scenario is a UNIT adventure similar to the ones from the Jon Pertwee era. The previous two adventures (The Terror Out of Time and The Ninth Planet) can be read in the Hall of Fame, though no prior knowledge of them is needed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
tatteredking
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 11 months