This goes towards Call of Cthulhu

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
jdd2035
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

This goes towards Call of Cthulhu

Post by jdd2035 »

Hello, hows it going?

May I join your sim?

How is it played if I can join?

What is the pace of the sim?

Is this sim still active?

Is this play by post or play by chat?
John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best... insulting.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: This goes towards Call of Cthulhu

Post by Raiko »

Hi jdd2035 welcome to the forum.
There are lots of Call of Cthulhu games on here as well as other non-cthulhu horror games. All are play by post, of varying speeds - although play by post is never fast, one post per day seems to be the fastest sustainable pace.

Games are generally played using the Call of Cthulhu rules by Chaosium although individual games use alternative rules.

Your post suggests that either
a) English isn't your first language (in which case welcome to the forums, tell us a little about yourself :))
or
b) You're a spammer looking to gain access (not going to happen)

Please reply to this post and your account will be validated.
jdd2035
Layman
Layman

Post by jdd2035 »

English is my first language. I'm just not very good at it. I am not a spammer though I have been accused of it by people I disagree with and show support to my points... ... ...

Any way! I am an avid play by post rpg'r I have even made a few my self.

My personal information first and foremost I am an independent, fundamentalist, literal, non-denominational Christian. (Go on and call me crazy every one does ;) )

My hobbies include hunting, fishing, gardening, tinkering, ammunition reloading, hiking, reading and playing RPG games of all sorts.

I live in New Mexico. As for employment I am an inspector for the oil and gas industry but I also to make some side money I own and operate an odd job business doing mostly landscaping I.E cutting down invasive trees and weeds also mucking out horse pens and pastures. I can drive a tractor, big rig, commercial trucks, I am proficient with an airless paint sprayer and what I don't know I can learn real quick. Top that all off with my Bachelors in Business with a concentration in Finance degree and well you know that i'm at-least human.

This particular forum has appealed to me because I have had a craving to get into a world full of conspiracy theories and mysteries and so forth. I also have an interest in a lot of things that Lovecraft has explored but as of yet I haven't gotten into much of his works...their a bit of a hard read for me.

While other games out there has the same amount of lore and mystery W.O.D and Ravenloft both come to mind I have a serious distrust of those two games that are out there.
John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best... insulting.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

I have a 1939 campaign involving the Orient Express that will commence in late July and will revolve around a variety of different threats and plots from Mythos to the mundane.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
jdd2035
Layman
Layman

Post by jdd2035 »

Perfect! I wouldn't mind getting started....Um how would I get started?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Click the link for more information. Reply there so I have a decent record (also lets others know how many playing) and then Private Message me with a character concept. We'll talk about it for awhile and then you make a character sheet. Have you played Keeper-driven games before or only player-ones? The difference is that Keeper-driven ones have someone else adjudicating the plot while player-driven ones are often more like shared stories where everyone adjudicates and compromises.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, jdd2035! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards. I'm running three games here, and you'd be welcome to join any or all of them.

Zombie Apocalypse is non-Mythos survival horror set in the near future, though it has its own similar mythology. Some of its influences are the movies of George Romero and Quentin Tarantino. It's been running for just over seven years, but we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). There are numerous unclaimed characters, and you could even make one or two of your own. If you don't choose characters that were added prior to Chapter 7, there isn't all that much catching up you'll need to do. You may play multiple characters. In fact, this is recommended, as the game is highly lethal.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for four years and a few months. Currently there are only three active players, but there are plenty of abandoned characters waiting to be taken over, or you could create your own instead.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign's current adventure is set in 1985 Dunwich, England. The campaign has been running for almost three years, and this adventure (the third) is over nine months old. There isn't currently any room to add in a new character, but you could take over an abandoned one. The only character currently available is Elliot Webb, a UNIT covert operative. This campaign is more inspired by the classic series than the new one, and the current scenario is a UNIT adventure similar to the ones from the Jon Pertwee era. The previous two adventures (The Terror Out of Time and The Ninth Planet) can be read in the Hall of Fame, though no prior knowledge of them is needed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
tatteredking
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by tatteredking »

Welcome jdd! New Mexico, huh? Serious mi-go activity there....

Return to “Welcome Room”