Hello there!

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Stiltzkin
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Hello there!

Post by Stiltzkin »

Behold, a fresh sack of questionably intelligent meat has come for ye Keepers to reduce to a jibbering pile of mushy flesh and nonsense. I'm a fairly new player to Call of Cthulhu but not so much RPGs in general. I'm 25 years old, from the east coast and have been roleplaying since I got my first plastic sword from a fair and convinced myself I was the raddest little spitfire around. I just wanted to say hey, and if you got a game that you might need an extra bipedal target then let me know and maybe we can find a new, creative way to get somebody killed or at least stuck in a cushy room with padded walls. =)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Hello there!

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Stiltzkin! I'm running three games, and I'd be pleased to have you join one or more of them. I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

Zombie Apocalypse is non-Mythos survival horror set in the near future, though it has its own similar mythology. Some of its influences are the movies of George Romero and Quentin Tarantino. It's been running for just over seven years, but we're still only on the second day of game time (a lot has been happening). There are numerous unclaimed characters, and you could even make one or two of your own. If you don't choose characters that were added prior to Chapter 7, there isn't all that much catching up you'll need to do. You may play multiple characters. In fact, this is recommended, as the game is highly lethal.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for four years and a couple of months. Currently there are only three active players, but there are plenty of abandoned characters waiting to be taken over, or you could create your own instead.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign's current adventure is set in 1985 Dunwich, England. The campaign has been running for almost three years, and this adventure (the third) is close to nine months old. There isn't currently any room to add in a new character, but you could take over an abandoned one. This campaign is more inspired by the classic series than the new one, and the current scenario is a UNIT adventure similar to the ones from the Jon Pertwee era. The previous two adventures (The Terror Out of Time and The Ninth Planet) can be read in the Hall of Fame, though no prior knowledge of them is needed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Stiltzkin
Layman
Layman

Post by Stiltzkin »

Thank you so much for the welcome (and validation... if only I could get my parking validated now,hehe) all the games you posted seem very enticing though I confess very little knowledge of new OR old Dr. Who so to join that might put a little in over my head to know the terminology and such. I'll definitely need to check them out and see if I could fit in anywhere.
Stiltzkin
Layman
Layman

Post by Stiltzkin »

After a cursory glance, I think I might join up with your zombie apocolypse with a pregen to start and go from there cause let's face it I'm a geek for zombies and some Cthulhu in there is a winwin for me =)
tatteredking
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by tatteredking »

welcome to the asylum, Stilzkin!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign requires no knowledge of the Whoniverse. In fact, since you'd be playing someone from Earth in 1985, it's probably better if you go in cold. There's a thread that explains everything you need to know about UNIT, and you don't really need anything else.

I should be able to get you started in Zombie Apocalypse either Friday night or Saturday morning. Welcome aboard!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Welcome Room”