Long time Fan...but never played

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
tatteredking
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Long time Fan...but never played

Post by tatteredking »

Hey folks,

I have been a long time fan of CoC, Lovecraft, Derlith, C.A. Smith, R.E. Howard. I've been fascinated with the CoC game, and own 6ed and Delta Green. My tabletop group has no interest. They hold onto their character's lives and sanity too much. I have satrted to play in...four PBP games over on myth-weavers, only to have the Keeper consumed by some Elder Evil from beyond the stars within 1-3 weeks of starting the game.

I read game journals, and I'd love to give it a whirl.

I have been playing RPGs for 30+ years. I've played several different systems, D&D 1.3.5, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, Legends of the 5 Rings, Boot Hill, Star Frontiers, Midde Earth RP, Rolemaster, GURPS, RIFTS, Twilight 2000, and several different flavors of Savage Worlds. My style is more roleplaying and investigation, with a good sprinkling of improv. I play on both sides of the screen....both playing and running games.

Hope to find some common bonds here.

TK
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Long time Fan...but never played

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, TK! I've validated you, so now you can post in the game boards. You'd be welcome to join my games. I've got a good track record of staying around, as I've been here for nearly seven years and running games for almost as long.

Zombie Apocalypse is non-Mythos survival horror, and it has been running for almost seven years now. It's still only the second day of game time, however, so you could catch up without too much difficulty.

Space Oddity is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in Philadelphia in 1969. That game has been running for over four years now. We're currently down to two active players, but one more should be joining soon.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is nearly three years old and already on its third adventure, but there aren't currently any openings in that one. However, there should eventually come a point where I can introduce new characters.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Cool! Welcome to the boards!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
tatteredking
Layman
Layman

Post by tatteredking »

Thanks for the Welcomes! Hr. Handy, I have been reading some of the backgrounds of the characters in Space Oddity, and am liking the idea of it. I love Dr Who and can only imagine what you are doing with a crossover with CoC.

Let me wander over to the Space Oddity boards and we can talk more there.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! You don't need to imagine what Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu is like, as you can read it for yourself if you have time. My first two adventures (The Terror Out of Time and The Ninth Planet) are complete and in the Hall of Fame. The Shadow Over Dunwich, the third adventure, is currently underway and in the middle of Episode 2. You could read along with it if you like, but if you later join when there's an opening you'll need to disregard anything your character didn't experience. This campaign is tremendous fun to run, and the players enjoy it as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
tatteredking
Layman
Layman

Post by tatteredking »

I will read along, and of course, forget everything if I become a character!

Return to “Welcome Room”