Greetings All

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Rhadaman
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Greetings All

Post by Rhadaman »

Well hello there,

I am new to CoC (AKA fresh meat for the madness) and have recently purchased a 6th edition book to learn from. My RL gaming group has no interest in a CoC game :x so I have taken to my wonderful friends here on the internet for help. I have spoken to a few very helpful folks on the Yog- Sothoth forums and they have directed me here for a potential PBP game.

I am as green as grass (although I am fairly well versed in Lovecraft and tabletop RP in general) and would require a patient Keeper and group as I get my sea-legs so to speak.
I would prefer a 20's or 30's era setting to start with and possibly with a classic scenario although I cannot be picky as my hands are bound by the will of a generous Keeper!

I will keep my eyes peeled for any activity of a newbie friendly game starting and I hope to speak and play with some of you very soon.

Thank you!
Last edited by Rhadaman on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Greetings All

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Rhadaman! I've validated you, so now you can post in the game boards. I'd be glad for you to join any or all of my games, though none of them are Classic Era, and I've had several new players in my games. The first game in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, The Terror Out of Time, was set in 1930, but that ended quite some time ago. You can read it and the second adventure, The Ninth Planet, in the Hall of Fame if you like, but no knowledge of them is required if you want to join. We're now on the third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is a UNIT adventure set in Dunwich, England in 1985. It started not too long ago, so there isn't much catching up if you want to join. I'm looking for replacement players for Valerie Soames and Elliot Webb, UNIT covert operatives whose players have abandoned them. This campaign will sample a variety of eras, but it will probably be quite sometime before I revisit the Classic Era.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for over six and a half years, but it's still early on the second day of game time, so I could fill you in fairly quickly. There are several characters available that were added when Chapter 7 started, so they won't have too much catching up needed, and/or you could create one or two of your own. We're down to only a few active players at the moment, but even when there were several, there was always room for more.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for almost three years, but it moves slowly, so it wouldn't be too hard to get up to speed. I'm down to only two players right now. You could either take over an abandoned character or create your own.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Welcome Room”