New to the Madness

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Youthful Madness
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

New to the Madness

Post by Youthful Madness »

Hey all,

I have recently had my rpg bug rekindled and always fancied delving into the world of love crafts madness ( or genius haha). I haven't picked up any rpg supplements yet, but I will grab core rules sometime soon.

Well anyway, I'm not sure how active games are on here but I'm hoping maybe to get in on some games and gain some forum play experience. I'm reading mountains of madness currently and have got a few others to get through. Anything else ill need to get joining in?

Well, thanks in advance, hope to speak to some of you soon.

YM
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: New to the Madness

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Greetings!
I´m in the middle of watching Looper right now. Getting my PKD fix. Love the film so far!
On gaming, I have a 1928 game about to start.

http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=238 Link to the game.

We´re just rolling d100 against given skills.
And there might be madness or geniality (if that´s a word).

Welcome to the boards!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Youthful Madness
Layman
Layman

My wife enjoyed looper, not seen it myself!

I'd be interested dave however I am a complete newbie to the play by post game, so I maybe out of my depth. I'll check the link and have a look around, thanks again.

YM
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Take f2f-gaming. Divide speed of game by 20. There you have it. Lots of time to come up with a winning plan.

See you later, Madness!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Youthful Madness! The rules are intuitive and easy to learn. If you get the core rulebook, it is helpful, but you don't even need that unless you're going to run a game (and maybe not even then, but it helps a lot). You don't need any supplements beyond that, but some are useful. The Quick Start Rules are free and cover the basics, but some of the information on character creation is out of date. You can find them here.

If you're looking for games to join, you're welcome to join any of mine, and they could all use replacement players, as some people have dropped out of them. Zombie Apocalypse always has room for more players if you're interested, and I'm also running a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign that's in the early stages of its third game set in Dunwich, England in 1985. I could still fit you into it if you take over an abandoned character. Additionally, I'm running Space Oddity, which is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in 1969 Philadelphia. Zombie Apocalypse and Space Oddity have been running for years, but you could join without too much catching up.

The I'm Thinking of Running a Game... and Existing Games Looking for Players sections have details on games (or prospective games) that are seeking players. You could also post in the Players Looking for Games section to let us know what you're looking for and let Keepers know you want to join.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Youthful Madness
Layman
Layman

Thanks mr handy. I'll check out those basic rules etc.

I wouldn't mind joining any of those games, ill have a browse at the forums for background etc. I'm also liking the sound of the 1928 game syrinx is looking to run.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

YM

Return to “Welcome Room”