Hi

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Quinch
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

Hi

Post by Quinch »

Hey everyone,

My name is Mike. I'm a 42 year old Englishman who has run Call of Cthulhu since the early 1980s, but has fallen out of practice over the last few years due to moving away from my regular tabletop group. I'd love to have a go at joining a play by post game when space becomes available. I have lots of time on my hands because I work shifts three days a week and have no real life to speak of. I've got even more time than normal at the moment thanks to a bike accident rendering me largely immobile.

Cheers,

Mike
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Hi

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome! I've gone ahead and validated you, so now you can post in the game boards. I'm running three games, and you'd be welcome to join any or all of them. Zombie Apocalypse is modern (though non-Mythos). It's been running for over five and a half years but has only recently entered the second day of game time. Chapter 7 started a few months ago, but you could join in without too much catching up. Several recently added pregenerated characters are available, and/or you can create one or two of your own. There's always room for new players in this game, and there's even more now since several long-time players had to drop out.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for close to three years now. Several abandoned characters are available, and you could take one of them over or make your own character. Right now there are only two active players.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign samples a variety of eras. The first game, The Terror Out of Time, took place in 1930 London, but it finished last August. The second game, The Ninth Planet takes place on Pluto in 2112, and it is currently underway. We've recently completed Episode 2 and are well into Episode 3. There is at least one abandoned character you could take over if you want to join, plus a couple more who were taken over in January but whose players haven't showed up yet, but you can't create your own character in that one. The third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, will probably start this summer. It's a UNIT adventure set in 1985, and you'd be able to make your own character in that one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Quinch
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

Post by Quinch »

I'd love to have a go at Zombie Apocalypse and Space Oddity. I'm happy to take over existing characters. Let me know what I should do next.

Thanks.

Mike
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You should check out the Character Sheets threads in Zombie Apocalypse (in the Chapter 7 subforum) and in Space Oddity. Look through them and decide which ones you want from among those that are not already being played by someone. You may only play one character in Space Oddity, but you may play up to four in Zombie Apocalypse (three is the recommended number, but you're free to play only one or two if you like). To choose your characters, please post your selections in the Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion thread (for Zombie Apocalypse) and the Character Creation thread (in Space Oddity). For Zombie Apocalypse, I recommend choosing characters that were added in Chapter 7, as you'll have much less catching up, but you're welcome to pick characters who were added earlier if you don't mind doing extra back reading.

Once you've made your selections, I'll send you your characters' secrets in a PM. You'll also need to catch up on what your character has done. You may only read IC threads if you have a character in them (and only those portions during which your character is in that thread). The Locations and Weapons thread in the Chapter 7 subforum of Zombie Apocalypse has a series of hyperlinks next to each surviving character's name that will guide you through the character's threads. Space Oddity doesn't have that, but it shouldn't be too hard to find your way. I can help you with that if you want.

You may instead create your own character(s), if you prefer. It's more work, but you won't have to do any catching up and you'll get to customize your characters.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Job
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Job »

Welcome to our boards, Quinch! Kill a zombie for me, please.

Job.

Return to “Welcome Room”