Helloooo

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Out2lunch
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Helloooo

Post by Out2lunch »

Ive been lurking on the DG List for a long time, not posted there as yet.

Ive been a long term role player, (mumble mumble 33 years mumble or so mumble).

I run a DG campaign for our group of friends. We all get together 3-4 times a year for a long weekend of gaming.

I just heard about this forum on the DG List, so here I am...

:shock:
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: Helloooo

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yello!

Nice to see such a crowd spill over from the dg-list. Welcome Out2Lunch, Shane, John and David!
Almost had an urge to swat some of you as spambots, namewise. But hey! You passed the scan and
I´ve validated you all.

Fell free to join or run a game here. Myself or one of the other mods can set up a forum of your
choice.

I have just the other day started a DG game. It´s called Green Box Blues and will take the player to
Moosehead Lake and surroundings. It all starts out in Connecticut.

So far two players have joined.

It can be played with more players. The cell still has room for one agent and friendlies are always
welcome. There can be sidetracks added for a parallel case as well.

If this sounds not to your liking, try one of the other modern scenarios. I´ll push for joining Mr.Handy´s
Zombie Apocalypse. It´s the predecessor to The Walking Dead. :twisted:

I might just rejoin that game myself. Considering. Considering.
At least, check it out.

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, welcome to all the new players! Zombie Apocalypse has plenty of room, and the action should be heating up in most of the locations pretty soon. Welsh originally started the game back in June 2006 on another site, and I started out as a player, but he had to bow out due to time constraints and had me take over running it. Back in 2008, we had been talking about turning it into a TV series, but The Walking Dead beat us to the punch (I'd never even heard of the comic until I saw the show). Zombie Apocalypse has much of the same vibe. Don't worry about having missed out on a lot. We're still early on the second day of the zombie apocalypse even after nearly seven years of real time (the first day has been very intense! :shock: ).

I'm also running Space Oddity, which is down to two active players and is seeking new ones. It's set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running nearly four years, but so far it has only covered about 48 hours of game time.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is currently full. One character has been abandoned, but a new player may be taking him over. There may come a point later when I can introduce new characters into the game, and there will be more room when the next game starts. This campaign tends to move more quickly. The first two adventures are complete, and each took about a year to play. Each game consisted of four "episodes," and each of those took an average of three months to complete. The third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, has been underway since last fall. We're still in the first episode, but that's liable to wrap up any time now (as soon as I can insert a good cliffhanger :twisted: ). The fourth adventure will be a Cthulhu Invictus scenario (ancient Roman setting), and I expect to start it in late 2013 or early 2014.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Out2lunch
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Out2lunch »

Wow thanks so much for the warm welcomes from both of you.

I indeed would love to jump into a game or so, but as my location is in the UK, I would imagine timing issues might cause a tad of conflict.

I would be interested in running a game for European users if anyone's interested, or anyone else if they are happy to get up early/late depending on their time zone.

My life is very full with a wife and 17 month old son, and Zoe and I have just found out that we are 18 weeks pregnant with a second son. Which is very exciting but also incredibly daunting.

So I would not like to deprive someone else of a skype slot who could play more regularly than I.

I will defo lurk for a bit and see what great ones I can summon to cause some personal confusion.

Anyhoo thanks again for the welcome.

Rufus
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, and your location won't cause a conflict. We don't play via Skype or anything like that here; this site is used for play by post, and time zones don't matter. You post for your character whenever you have time, and other players and the Keeper can post in response at their leisure. It moves more slowly (one of my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu adventures would probably take about four hours of real time if played live, rather than a year or so), but you can think for a while about what to do next and can do other things that can't easily be done in real time, such as running different groups simultaneously when the party splits and delivering private information to one player without even letting the others know that any message was sent. It doesn't require much of a time commitment to play; a few posts per week will usually suffice. We have people from all over the world here, including the UK, all playing together in the same games.

Congratulations, by the way! :D
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Welcome Room”