I Might Be A Spambot :(

A little area for new users to say hello if they don't want to post in the recruitment threads just yet.
Archlyche
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

I Might Be A Spambot :(

Post by Archlyche »

Hello from North Carolina!

Longtime D&D, Dr. Who, and H.P. Lovecraft fan here. I'm interested in getting into an online horror rpg for the coming cold months. I've never done play-by-post, but am willing to give it a go!

I'm also looking to network with other gamers to find and share gaming resources other than World of Warcrack. I've managed to resist it so far, and have no intention of shelling out US $60+ to start now. :mrgreen:

Anyway, good to be here!

Kevin Gentry - archlich
inest clentia forti
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Re: I Might Be A Spambot :(

Post by Laraqua »

You're in luck! Mr. Handy runs a Doctor Who game set in the Lovecraftian universe.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Kevin! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

I've been running a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign for over two years now. We've completed two adventures so far, and the third is due to start soon. It's called The Shadow Over Dunwich, and it's set in Dunwich, England in 1985. It's a UNIT adventure, so new characters would either be employed by UNIT in some capacity or would be "friendlies" (along the lines of Sarah Jane Smith). I can squeeze you in if you're interested. No knowledge of the first two games (The Terror Out of Time and The Ninth Planet) is required, but you can find them in the Hall of Fame if you want to read them. I'm also running a couple of other games here that you'd be welcome to join. The introduction thread as well as threads with information on character creation have already been posted.

I've never played World of Warcraft, and I have no intention of doing so either. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

:D :idea: :!: :?: ... :twisted:

THAT IS FUNNY!!!

The bot picked up on the movie chatter, right? Or did you change the topic of your post Archlyche?
Anyway, hillarious!

Welcome to the boards!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In case anyone was wondering what that was about, an actual spambot posted spam in this thread. I got rid of it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

That´s why it was so awesome. Sorry, shoulda burnt it when I had the chance...
Over and out!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Archlyche
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by Archlyche »

Thank you all! I thought someone would get a kick outa that subject line! I read that posting here could establish that I'm human, and couldn't resist. See you in play! :)
inest clentia forti

Return to “Welcome Room”