A Pawnshop in Limehouse (Reg/Gary)

The son of a sitter in the House of Lords has gone missing! Obviously, Lord Godfrey Sommers would like to avoid a scandal...

Moderator: Dr. Bloodworth

Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Re: A Pawnshop in Limehouse (Reg/Gary)

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

A vaguely vulnerable, haunted look comes over Dr. Salt, a look which has a frightening, if somewhat humorous, contrast with his massive frame. "Bogdansky, yes, that's one of the names she goes by. Believe me, Smith, you may not have met her, but... if you found me, I take it you found Jakeswill. And if you found him, she's been watching you. Or rather, her servants have."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Reg watches Dr. Salt's reactions, but he can't tell much beyond the obvious. At least he is tall enough to look the doctor in the eye while looking straight ahead. "Thin lads dressed all in green with white faces?" says Reg. "I haven't seen them myself, but I have met Jakeswill and he has, and I know he's not the only one. You know Jakeswill as well, so that means you must have also fallen under her notice."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Aye, that's the fellows. I feel horribly -- his connection with me is the entire reason they've got their beady eyes turned towards Jakeswill. Nothing he's done --" Salt pauses, "-- well, not entirely anyway. So yes, their eyes are on me. That's the reason I'm hiding out here in this slum. They've not found me -- yet..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What of Arthur?" asks Reg. "When was the last time you saw him? Do you know what's happened to him?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Last I saw Arthur was that night a week ago at his flat." He runs a hand through his hair. "Look, I make no pretenses as to what kind of man I am. I'd been supplying the vices of various members of the theatre crowd. They told me about an unnamed Madame, who could endure hurts, who could live to virtual immortality, because of an artifact like a mummy's arm she had in her possession... well, I had come to know that Arthur was also in association with this Madame. I asked him to retrieve the arm for me. He couldn't. Then the green chappies came, we fought, I shot at them, they carted off Arthur to her." He chuckles to himself. "I have no doubt he's now wishing for death. I didn't realize what I had gotten myself into until the fight at Arthur's. The Madame... she's not like us..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What is she like?" asks Reg. "If Arthur is still alive, then she must want him for something. What foul purpose does she have, and where might she be keeping him?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"These will sound like the rantings of a drug fiend, but I suppose that the best way to say it is just right out. She's not human, of that I'm sure. Or not a normal human, anyway. She's capable of great and terrible things. And those green fellows are always around," Salt says, looking more confident now. "Anything to do with her, be sure that they're there, watching. The purpose she's keeping Arthur for? I can't say for certain, but I for one think that the Madame is building a larder... devouring men for some purpose unknown to me. Perhaps something else, who knows? One thing I'm sure of -- once she's watching you, you've got only two options -- find a way to kill her, or flee and keep yourself hidden."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've never been one to run and hide," says Reg. "I stood up to the Mahdi's fanatics, and I can stand up to this woman, whoever or whatever she may be. If we are able to put a stop to her, then you will be safe as well. Is there anything else you can think of that might be of help? Any weaknesses or vulnerabilities she has? Do you know of anyone else who has knowledge of her?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Nothing of which I'm aware. I do recall Arthur mentioning a fellow he called Max, worked at the theatre as well, apparently one of her playthings. He may know more. I believe Arthur said he lives in Greenwich somewhere," Salt says.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Doctor Salt," says Reg. He glances at Gary, who has been silent all this time. "Is there anything else you'd like to ask before we leave?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Gary looks at Reg and shakes his head, having no further questions for Dr. Salt.
OOC,You can do whatever you want now. Just FYI, everyone else is back at Richard's manor now (in The Investigation thread). I wanted to give it a few days and see if Gary responded.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"In that case, we bid you good day, Doctor," says Reg. He takes his leave and exits the building with Gary. Once outside, he makes his way out of the Jago and tries to find a cab to take them to Richard's house.
OOC,His player's been missing from my game too and hasn't posted in almost a month, though he has logged on a little over a week ago.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

The two make their way out of the notorious slum without further incident and hail a carriage, which clatters off along the road towards Richard's.
OOC,Both of you can move over to The Investigation.

Return to “Bad Company”