The Investigation (Everyone)

The son of a sitter in the House of Lords has gone missing! Obviously, Lord Godfrey Sommers would like to avoid a scandal...

Moderator: Dr. Bloodworth

Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Re: The Investigation (Everyone)

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Maud,You find a broken window that's fairly close to the window latch. You could probably enter the shop through here to have more of a look around.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"What luck!" Maud whispers to Alicia, "Miss Douglas, I think I may have found a way in, there's a broken pane of glass." Maud wraps the handkerchief around her hand and gingerly puts her hand through the hole in the glass to the window catch and, hopefully, levers it up. "I rather think this is a job for the gentlemen but what do you think- go tell them we've found a way in or have a look ourselves?"
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Alicia smiles in return to Maud. "Oh I think this is something we can handle on our own," she whispers. "Well done for spotting a possible way in."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Maud grins and opens the window. She hoists herself up to sit on the window ledge and looks inside. "It's very dark. Do we have a light of some sort? Maybe a lantern off the carriage?" She swings her legs up and over and drops down inside as quietly as possible whilst trying to save her skirts from catching on anything.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Alicia quickly nips back to the carriage and asks the driver if there is any sort of light they can borrow.
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Just a moment," the driver mutters as he retrieves a lantern and hands it to Alicia. As she returns over to the window, Varcholek disappears up the stairs into the apartment, while the Strizhakov heads over to the window. The Russian holds a hand up to Maud in a "wait" gesture and clambers into the now-open window after a moment's look into the gray light of the stables. After a quick look around, he takes the lantern and helps Maud and Alicia through the window.

"I see no danger here. Now, I should go keep watch on the street for any... visitors. Shout if anything happens." With that, he clambers back out the window and resumes his station at the stairway up to the apartment.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Maud raises her eyebrows at Alicia. "Well at least someone knows where we are." she whispers. She lifts the lantern and walks slowly about, looking around. She's especially interested in what sort of shop it is; if there are any ledgers or such, maybe in an 'admin' area and looking for other exits further into the building.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Alicia nods to Maud. Trying to adjust her eyes to the reduced light, even with their lantern, she starts to search around the shop too. She is looking in particular for any paperwork that might lead them to Max, the Russian Lady, and the kidnapped and hopefully still alive Arthur.

Return to “Bad Company”