The Investigation (Everyone)

The son of a sitter in the House of Lords has gone missing! Obviously, Lord Godfrey Sommers would like to avoid a scandal...

Moderator: Dr. Bloodworth

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: The Investigation (Richard)

Post by royya »

You mean me no harm? Bah!. For now, I will mean you no harm unless you will convince me about the necessity of your rude entrance. You know, there is a door you can knock as I am a reasonable man that admires a good conversation on many topics. Entering like a sewer rat downgraded your integrity mr. Strizhakov
Richard reply to the tied men
Are you connected somehow to abduction of Arthur Sommers and how can you help me?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Re: The Investigation (Richard)

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"My apologies," Strizhakov says. "We are not connected with what happened to Mr Sommers directly. But indirectly, of course. Last night I was going to investigate his rooms myself when I saw your driver's coach there and then saw yourself and your company emerging from the rooms with a number of documents. We are agents of the..." -- the mustached Varcholek shoots him a look -- "a continental faction, and are tracking a certain noblewoman who we have reason to believe is connected with the disappearance of your Mr Sommers. It seems we may have similar aims. We can lend to you our investigative help, and our... help in other ways should you encounter armed resistance to your inquiries."

Bill gestures with the shotgun towards the window -- another carriage is drawing near to the house.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: The Investigation (Richard/Alicia)

Post by yockenthwaite »

When her carriage stops by the main entrance Alicia dismounts, pays the driver, and walks up to the house's front door to knock on it.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Re: The Investigation (Richard/Alicia)

Post by royya »

Marge, we have another guest!
Richards calls out aloud and turns to Strizhakov
Who is your employee? Mr. Travisham?
OOC,Richard will try to sense the truth of the man's words.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Re: The Investigation (Richard/Alicia/Maud)

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Marge nods and leaves the room, headed towards the front door.

"Travisham? We know this name, but the man has been nothing but an obstacle to our actions. No, not he." The other man reluctantly mutters something in Russian and Strizhakov nods slowly. "We are from the Okhrannoye Otdelenie, the Okhrana as you say. We answer only to Tsar Nikolai II."

Marge returns a moment later with Alicia and Maud in tow.
OOC,Richard thinks that Strizhakov is telling the truth, [url="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3333717/"]but he can't be certain[/url].
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Maud manages a quick 'hello' and smile to Alicia before they are ushered into the room. Maud glances around, impressed with the decor. She looks to see what is happening in the room.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Alicia smiles in response to Maud. She, too, looks around her in the room as they enter, surprised to see so many strangers. She tries to quickly judge who the strangers might be, from first impressions and what she can hear of the conversation.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Maud, Alicia ! I’m so happy to see you are here.
Richard says to the two women. He holds a pistol. Next to him stands his driver Bill, he holds a shotgun and points it to another two men that are tied and sit on the ground.
They are standing in what looks like Richard’s personal working room, cabinets and shelves decorate the walls. Books are lined across many of the shelves while the empty spots hold statues, vases and the like. A fireplace occupies the south portion of the wall, above it there is painting of a woman. The late Mrs. Maurice you presume. Above all, in the center of the ceiling is a crystal chandelier.

These are burglars, they came to steal the books and letters I took from Arthur’s flat. You caught me questioning them about their business.
Richard turns back to his two captives
Why do you want the books and the letters, what use are them for you?
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Alicia is shocked by the scene before her, but relieved that Richard seems to have things under control. She looks towards the tied men with interest, waiting to hear what they say in response to his question, and wondering who they could be.
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Knowledge only," says Strizhakov. The other man, Varcholek, waves his hand, nods to himself and speaks for the first time since the men appeared.

"We have been on the track of this woman -- a criminal of the worst sort -- for a time now. A few months ago we learned she may have come to England. We needed to learn what you knew in order to gauge our response. I must apologize for the rude way in which my colleague and I entered."

Another carriage slows down and draws to a halt in the street outside, possibly the other guests.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Re: The Investigation (Everyone)

Post by yockenthwaite »

"What is the name of the woman?" asks Alicia, taking care not to reveal her prior interest in the case, or probable knowledge about who they seek.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Reg emerges from the carriage and waits for Gary to join him before heading to Richard's front door and knocking.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Good evening Mr. Maurice."Maud follows up Alicia's question with "Yes, who is this woman and do you have a picture of her? Maybe we might know of her. "
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

A plump older woman answers the door at Reg's knocking. "Follow me," she says upon hearing that the two newcomers are still more of her master's guests. "Fair bit of excitement we've had today, sirs, and I'm not ashamed to admit that it's unnerved me a bit." She leads them down a hallway to a large oaken door. "Your other guests, Mr Maurice," she says, sparing a glance for the two men tied in chairs before she spins on her heel and disappears out the door.

Meanwhile, in the study...
Messrs. Strizhakov and Varcholek

"Countess Irina Silvestrova Byragan is her name --" says Mr Varcholek.

"The disciple of Koschei!" exclaims Mr Strizhakov.

Varcholek laughs derisively. "That is superstitious nonsense, Anton!" He coughs. "As I say, Countess Byragan. Though we have reason to believe she may have changed her name upon arrival here to Bogdansky. You may find a photograph of her in my right jacket pocket."

Bill lowers the shotgun as he fishes through the man's jacket pocket, eventually removing a small black-and-white photograph which he passes to the ladies.
Maud,The photograph is of a woman who as you might have guessed looks remarkably like the sketch you found.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Reg, Gary ... welcome. I must apologize for not greeting you properly but we have a situation over here.
Richard, comfort somehow with the arrival of the big man Reg, nods to Bill to untie the two men, but to keep his alert.
Here, have a sit.

Is the woman you call Bogdansky is also known as the dark queen ?
RIchard asks the two men
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Reg, taking a seat and observing the two men. "I believe I recognize one of these fellows from last night. What have we missed?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Maud looks at the photograph, passes it to Alicia and sits down rather weakly on the nearest stool. She is flummoxed and scared at how this evil woman seems to be connected with everyone she meets- even two discerning-looking burglars. She sits, twisting a handkerchief nervously in her fingers, listening to the gentlemen.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

These two break into my home, trying to steal the books and letters I took from Arthur’s flat.
Richard replies to Reg
Now I’m questioning their motives. They were ordered by someone to investigate a woman that might be connected to Arthur’s disappearance. I found some important and disturbing clues and notes among the letters and book Arthur had and we must discuss my trouble finding. All was well, even the honey rolls and the tea were ready until these two arrived.

Turning to the others he say
Now, we can call the police, we can extract what information we can from these two or we can send them away with warning to lay off hands from the investigation.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Maud looks up. "Maybe we could discuss that over tea and buns. They seem quite nice for burglars; perhaps they would be happy to wait in another, secure, room? I'm sure it would be worth their while." She stares hard at Richard and then smiles at the two strange men.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Capital idea," says Reg. He turns his attention back to Richard. "You said they were ordered by someone. Ordered by whom?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Bad Company”