OOC Thread

The son of a sitter in the House of Lords has gone missing! Obviously, Lord Godfrey Sommers would like to avoid a scandal...

Moderator: Dr. Bloodworth

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: OOC Thread

Post by yockenthwaite »

Re posting schedules, I'll try to post most days, but I'm very knocked out by the neurological disease, so when I'm more confused there will be no posting :( I'm asleep for most of the night and throughout the day, and generally only up and about in the evening UK time. So I'm most likely to post around 8/9/10pm GMT.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I work Monday-Friday, and during the week I can only post briefly every night. I have no time to post in the morning before leaving for work, and I am not allowed to post while at work. When I get home, I need to eat dinner right away, and then there are other things I need to get done, and then I need to catch up before I can post. I usually don't get a chance to post on a workday until 9-11 PM Eastern U.S. time (GMT-5), and I want to be done by midnight or not long after. I can usually post every day, though there will be occasional exceptions (November 4-6 and November 18-20 among them, as I'll be going to conventions those weekends). During most weekends I have a lot more time to post, as well as on days when I don't have work (November 11 and November 24-25 are the ones coming up, plus I'll probably get out early on November 23).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

It's times like this I love Streetview on Google Earth. Here's a house in Vincent Terrace; not sure if it's No. 14 but they're all really quite similar. I'm sure this place was quite similar in thie Victorian era.

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

It seems Arthur is dealing with occult stuff.
I found letters and some books written in French, I'm taking them for later inspection.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

I wonder if we shouldn't have a place to just jot down ideas so we don't forget them.

I don't think he was taken here, or if he was it was by people he knew, because the gun by his bed wasn't disturbed.
Which also means he feared for his life. He got a brand new gun, and kept it by his bed.
Whatever the intruders that messed up the living room were after they got because the back rooms were not searched.
Whoever searched his room, either was let in by Arthur, they took him and searched the room and locked the door on the way out.
Or they grabbed him somewhere else, took his key, came here found what they wanted, and locked the door on the way out.
(both of those sound silly. Why would anyone ransacking the place like this take the time to lock the door?)
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

You are right. We should have a place to write the things we gather.
Bloodworth - when I was a keeper I opened a thread called “Clues, books and notes”
Over there I placed a list of the things we found.

Clues:
Poems mentioning a "dark queen of Eastern splendor."
Letters to and from a man named John Bidwell (Unknown man) which seem to be about ghosts and spiritualism.
À Rebours by J.K. Huysmans
Poetry of Baudelaire,
Occultism Unveiled by Eliphas Lévi.
The Golden Bough - second volume
The Book of Dzyan

A letter from S. – if you can post the letter, I will show it to the others.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

I think I'll create such a thread after you join back up with Reg and Maud, who are up talking to Mr. Borelli - they'll have some other things to add as well. The letter likewise I'm for now sending to Gary as a PM.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Maybe whoever ransacked the place locked it back up to allay suspicion and keep the crime from being discovered for a while. If the door had been unlocked, anyone looking for Arthur to check on him could have gone inside after he failed to answer and seen that something was wrong.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Mr. Handy wrote:Maybe whoever ransacked the place locked it back up to allay suspicion and keep the crime from being discovered for a while. If the door had been unlocked, anyone looking for Arthur to check on him could have gone inside after he failed to answer and seen that something was wrong.
Unless there was another entrance ... the roof ? or the land owner itself ? maybe the two nice persons that speak to Reg and Maud are cultists and Arthur is chained in the basement.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

sorry I haven't posted lately. Been really busy, try to get into it tomorrow or this weekend.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Since this is the first PbP I've run in a number of years, I was just wondering how everyone thinks I'm doing so far? I'm ad-libbing to some extent, and I'm thinking of throwing some elements from another adventure into the game. On another note, with some experience running the scenario now, I see how quickly it can really be completed if the Keeper doesn't change things.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I'm having fun. keep up the good work
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

thumbs up here.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm enjoying it too.

Improvisation is a must for any Keeper, and I do it all the time. You're doing a good job of it when your players can't tell whether something is part of the scenario or made up on the spot.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

I'm enjoying it so far, though somewhat exasperated at being cut off from the other investigators and the rest of the investigation. Though that is totally in character with them. But still exasperating for me as a player guys!

Just had a week out of commission, so thanks to Dr Bloodworth for looking after my character in the meantime.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Well I think I just gave you an in. I actually did that before reading your post. So it wasn't me just feeling sorry for you or anything. Just in game.

But when the guy who hired us wants to keep the whole thing hush, hush. Being a newspaper reporter is just a bad profession. Good luck, but I do try to play my characters as I think they would react.

In one of my other games, I just did something really stupid, probably pissed off the other players, but I figured thats what that character would do.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It's not just that Alicia is a reporter, it's that she was in the company of Travisham.

I'm not mad at you for what Clayton did in Watch the World Burn. Liz is a bit miffed, however. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Yea I figured she was. I actually typed the kicking, then deleted it and waited a couple hours to think about it on what else he would do. I came up with a lot of other solutions, I just couldn't see him coming up with those. He is sort of an impatient, I want it now idiot. ;)
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

If I'd actually been able to get online and post between the time you started on the door and the time you kicked it in, Liz would have told you to stop and offered those alternative suggestions that she made after the fact.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

BenTheRat: Back in world burn - I'm not mad at you.

yockenthwaite - Let Alicia try and speak to Richard, he got a weakness to young ladies :)

Return to “Bad Company”