The Investigation (Everyone)

The son of a sitter in the House of Lords has gone missing! Obviously, Lord Godfrey Sommers would like to avoid a scandal...

Moderator: Dr. Bloodworth

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: The Investigation Begins (Everyone)

Post by royya »

OOC,Still waiting for your reply about my fast talk roll success. About the key - no problem, Richard took it and he'll meet the rest later. After all, his intention is to leave several minutes after the rest.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

As they leave the building Maud stops by the concierge and asks for some paper. She quickly writes "We are going straight to the flat so hopefully meet you there soon as you can get away. Don't forget the key! Maud" and hands it to the concierge to pass on to Richard. She catches up with the gentlemen. "Richard knows to meet us at the flat instead. He's got the key."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"Sounds good. If we get there early, we can talk to the neighbors first while we wait anyway." Gary responds and they head to the flat.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Travisham looks at Richard and sighs. "Far be it from me to impede the wheels of progress from turning. I find commerce to be dreadfully dull and besides, it's time for me to be going." He walks back over to the table, collects his papers and briefcase, walks back to Lord Godfrey's table, offers a curt nod, and hands Alicia a piece of paper. "The time and place of our next meeting." He glances toward Lord Godfrey again and hurries out.
Alicia,The slip of paper Travisham handed does, indeed, have a time and place for a meeting on it (haven't quite figured the date out - we can base it off the end of this adventure) but also contains instructions: "Follow the ones who just left, but make it inconspicuous. Find out if they know anything about Blaylock."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by yockenthwaite »

Alicia waits for a moment while Travisham leaves, before saying "And I think it is time for me to be leaving too. If you will excuse me." She turns around and heads out of the hotel. As she leaves the building she looks for any sign of the others from the party, aiming to follow them discreetly.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Maud signals for a cab and a single-horse hackney carriage pulls up. "I'm not sure three of us can squeeze into one, I'll follow you in a second cab."
GM,Can I roll 'know' to see if I know the cab drivers in case it applies later on? [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3239304/]1d100=70[/url] Know (75)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, I do take up a bit of room." says Reg. "Are you sure you want to ride alone?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"I'm sure I'll be alright, I know the driver, Sid. It's Islington we're going to isn't it? 14 Vincent Terrace."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Once Travisham is out of the way Richard again, shakes warmly the lord's hand, whispering to his ear that he will do is best. Then Richards goes out, intending to head straight to the flat after receiving the note from Maud.
If he is quick enough, maybe he can catch the rest outside, still trying to stop a cab. He will ofer them to join him. A man of his status, a wealthiest merchant, got his own personal driver.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Maud is just about to climb on board when she hears Richard behind her with his offer of his own carriage. "That makes much more sense, we can talk on the way." She turns to the two cab drivers and gives them some money. "Sorry Sid, a change of plan. Give my love to Betty and the boys won't you? Okay Richard lead on, we'll follow you. "
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Gary thanks the carriage drivers and follows Maud and Richard. "Did you get the key Richard?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by yockenthwaite »

Alicia has carefully made her way out of the building, and observes - from a distance - the discussion with the carriage drivers. She gets a cab herself, and asks it to follow the others.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, thank you," says Reg. He follows Maud, Gary, and Richard to Richard's personal carriage. "And thank you for the ride, Mr. Maurice."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

BenTheRat wrote:Gary thanks the carriage drivers and follows Maud and Richard. "Did you get the key Richard?"
Yes.
Richard reply shortly and turns to his driver
Bill, take us to 14 Vincent Terrace my good man
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Maud casts an eye over the horses as she climbs aboard feeling very grand. She is impressed; Mr Maurice must be very wealthy to afford such good animals, the carriage is very comfortable too. "Thank you Mr. Maurice, this is much more pleasant than bumping along in a hackney."
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

14 Vincent Terrace, Islington
June 18, 1900

Richard's carriage clatters through the fashionable West End streets, eventually turning into Vincent Terrace: a quiet, solidly middle-class row of homes fronting on a wooded park. The carriage pulls up at No. 14, and the investigators disembark. They detect the smell of running water - one of the city's rivers or canals must be in the vicinity, probably surrounded by the wooded area.

As they ascend the stone steps leading to the front door, a middle-aged woman, slightly heavyset and her once-dark hair shot through with gray, is attending to some flowers in a planter at a window in the sunken garden area to the right: "Good evening, sirs, miss. Can I be of help?"
Maud and Richard,As the carriage draws near and you disembark, you feel slightly uneasy, as if you're being watched...
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Gary says, "Good evening, I'm a friend of Arthur's. His father asked us to stop by and make sure he is doing ok, he hasn't seen him in a couple days. Have you seen Arthur?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Reg stands back and lets the others do the talking. Gary and Maud actually knew Arthur, and Richard was a better speaker than he was.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Richard takes the rear as he is the oldest of the group members. He instructs Bill (His driver) to wait with the carriage outside and begin to ascend the stone steps when the woman approaches and speaks to Gary.

He turns around and inspects the surrounding and down the street from both sides and the windows of the building to shake the feeling and assure him self that he is not being watched.
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

The woman thinks to herself. "Arthur, Arthur... ahh, you mean young Mr. Sommers. I've not seen him since the night that nice policeman came by, but let me ask my husband... as he's in and out of the house a bit more than I, he'd likely be more help to you." She turns her head back in through the window and exchanges words with someone. A moment later, the door opens and a man in his fifties, with steel-gray hair and a lined face comes out onto the stoop. He appraises the assembled party and extends his hand. "Jack Giles. My wife informs me you're asking after Arthur... last that I saw him was... ahh... I believe it was the day after the police were here. I was attending to our vacant flat here when he came in the front door and went up to his room. And that was the last I saw him... a few hours later, that odd Borelli man came running downstairs, waking my wife and I and insisting we get the police again. He was babbling on, but I can't recall what he said..."

Return to “Bad Company”