Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Garage (Mr Handy, Iggy_Pop, Lorena)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

flow.JPG
Characters at the escalator: Heather, Crawford, C.L.
Character in the smoke tower: Larsen

"We´re moving down to the subway, probably drawing them with us." Crawford responds as she gets up from the ground with help from C.L. Heather moves past the two UBCS operatives. Crawford turns the flashlight on and shines towards the middle of the garage. The crowd of ten infected customers is visible to both her and Larsen. C.L. is taking care of covering the running girl and moves fast down the escalator.

Inside the smoke tower, Larsen finds that the cameras have stopped working. He can still get the feed from a few minutes ago, though.
Sure enough the customers move towards the light source and the movement by the escalator. Larsen can see the bomb emitting a green shine from the display. But that´s the only light besides the flashlight playing from the escalator. By the look of it it must have been abandoned by Crawford who put it in a spin.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Garage (Mr Handy, Iggy_Pop)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Roger that," replies Larsen. "I'll try to slip out into the garage and follow once they move past my position. Hale, what's your location and status? Why haven't you responded?" Larsen looks for a way to exit the smoke tower and gain access to the garage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Larsen? Status - plus two civilians. One director from the hive and one mechanic. We´re crammed in the ventilation and wiring space. Just under he roof. Nowhere near the subway. 37 minutes and ticking..."
Hale reports in.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There are snipers ready to take out anyone going on the roof," replies Larsen. "You'll need to make your way down to the garage, and fast. The only ways out of here are either the sewers or the subway leading to the Hive. Crawford, C.L., and the other civilian are heading for the subway. Good job on finding the director alive. That will also help if we need to enter the Hive."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Collins replies over the radio. "We're in a ceiling crawl space, accessed through a ventilation system. Doesn't look like any of the infected followed us."

The infected in the garage have passed the middle of the parking and are close to the escalators which Heather, C.L. and Crawford have disappeared down. It´s a small job to get out from the smoke vent. The trouble is doing it silently. The visibility in the garage is due to the flash light left by Crawford on the railing of the escalator. The hulking figure of Nohman reaches the escalator and picks up the light.

Handy:
Spoiler:
Roll luck to get out of the smoke tower without alerting anyone.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

C.L. , Heather and Crawford get down to a small platform and a single track for the subway. A hole in the wall leading west is the only way out of here. Or away from here, that is. No train is waiting at the platform. The electric clock hanging in the center of the platform from the arched ceiling is not moving its hands. No wind blows, indicating that no train is coming. All is black, apart from the light cone from C.L.´s flash light on the MK5 .
Directly to the left when they come down the immobile escalators are two restrooms, one for ladies and one for gents.

From atop the stairs, they all hear the scuffling of their pursuers. The flicking of a light plays over the walls down to the subway level. In the comms, C.L. and Crawford hear the conversation between the western team and Larsen.

"Reached the subway. Over."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I can see the infected Nohman at the top of the escalators to the subway," reports Larsen softly over the radio. "He just picked up the flashlight you left there. I'm going to try to slip past the ones in the garage and make my way over to your position, but he's in my way. If he follows you down, I'll try to get behind him. I may need you to back me up." He climbs out, trying to be stealthy, but he can't help making a little noise.
OOC,Well, with only 35% Luck, I was bound to fail one eventually.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The Nohman thing lumbers down the escalator, leaving Larsen to his own accord.

C.L., Crawford and Heather jump down on the tube rail and hunker down, moving towards the hole in the wall. C.L. fiddles with his pack and gets out a regular grenade. "I´m giving them a present when they get down here..." He snickers over the comms. He sees fivecustomers emerge from the escalator along with Nohman carrying the flashlight Crawford left up top. Crawford protects Heather with her frame as she follows the girl in the tunnel. "Just move onwards. Follow the track."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Larsen follows Nohman down the escalator from a safe distance, his MP5 ready. "Nohman's on his way down to you," he whispers into the radio. "I'm coming up behind him, but I'll keep my distance for now. If you have to engage him, I'll do the same and we'll catch him in the crossfire."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

C.L. pulls the spring from the grenade and lobs it at the crowd. The arc is a bit off, but the blast still knocks the targets off their balance.

After the smoke settles all five customers and Nohman rise and continue after Crawford, Heather and C.L.

Larsen
sees the action down the escalators and also sees the five stragglers who not have reached the landing yet. They hurry on towards the noise down there. One of the stragglers hesitate and turns to move up the stairs, and comes up towards Larsen´s location.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm confused. I thought I was heading down. How can one of the zombies behind me be coming up towards me? Or is it one of the six in front? Also, how far away is it, and does it seem to notice me?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

ooc:
Spoiler:
Let´s see. Yes, Larsen is moving down the escalators. So was the whole group of customers. They divided into two groups, where the first one with five plus Nohman got the lead. The other group was slower and never reached the bottom of the fifty meter escalator. The first group was partly engulfed in the blast from one of C.L.´s grenades. The slower group, now ten meters away from the bottom, starts to fasten their speed to see what happens. One of these decides to go back upwards. Now, Larsen is thirty meters down the escalator giving a distance of 15 meters to the single customer. There are two separate lanes of escalators with a divider. There´s a 50% chance that the customer is in the lane Larsen is not. The customer has either way not noticed Larsen. (I assume he´s going down the stairs with no light.)Sorry for the lack of proper description.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Syrinx wrote:OOC:

RECAP

The UBCS BRAVO team is sent to aid team ALPHA who has breached the Hive from the top of the research station.
Team BRAVO is to secure that no contaminated people or samples leave the Hive and the annexed mall.

Team BRAVO has lost their group leader, Ferrer, who was replaced by a Sgt Nohman (now dead). Also new to the team was Weiss, who was Nohman´s body guard. His job is so to say over. (That´s why he suggests he stays and takes the route up. Both Kim and Johnny are welcome to join him if they want.)
The team might have a reason to stick together as they might want to have a shot at payback on Umbrella Company.

They have a bomb which they are to place in the garage or on floor one. (Done)

Team ALPHA has reported that they have reached the control center of the Hive.

The UBCS tema BRAVO was to save any civilians alive - and not contaminated - then evacuate the mall via the roof.
If they find the two directors who fled the Hive earlier and started the outbreak, they were to get them out as well.
(One found dead, Sanchez, and the other, dr Smith, is located on floor two - according to the tracker Hale has.)

When the bomb´s timer was set the team though they had 120 minutes to spare. They only had 40 minutes. The bomb was primed as they all set their feet on the roof.

When Larsen tried to get to the roof he saw that there were snipers watching the exit. That Johnny experienced earlier too, when he tried to drive away. The car got shot to pieces but he managed to get back in the garage. From there he got to a gun shop in the mall and hid out. He took care of some customers and packed a bag of goodies from the store. (Holding at present.)

The team found one survivor before Kim and Johnny joined the team. A girl of 15 years old called Heather (who will be played by Lorena, btw).

As of now the objective of the team is to get out of the mall before it blows. (37 minutes)
Maybe retrieve some virus antidote - presumably at floor two with dr, Smith.
Maybe get down to Larsen and the rest of the team to either move to the Hive or out via the garbage shoot.
Maybe disarm the bomb or throw it out alternatively place it in the subway and hope it will save the mall.
Doing that botching the mission who in reality already is botched due to Umbrella Company´s double cross of the team.
One way to survive the bomb is to put it on the roof and go down to the garage and wait for it to blow...
Put the bomb in a car with automatic shift and let it drive up the ramp to the street...

Then leave the mall somehow.

So to answer the question. Before the bomb blows - get out. When out seek vengeance.
If by the actions of the team, the virus is not stopped - they all should look for a distant location to regroup. Raccoon city will not be a safe place to go.

And, btw. Weiss did just take off his gas mask. Kim and Johnny might be concerned by Collins readings of their medical status. He did look concerned when he said they´d be good for at least a couple of hours...

If the team moves inside the Hive they will meet up with Team ALPHA from the movie Resident Evil with ALICE and the other UBCS officers.

All good?
/Dave

I´ll put up a map for locations and routes you guys might want to take.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Thanks, I thought the other group of zombies was behind me, not ahead. Can I see whether the zombie below me is in my lane or the other one? Do you want me to roll for it, or will you?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

ooc:
Spoiler:
Go ahead and roll. The four who went down after the first group will be right in front of Larsen if he doesn´t have to deal with the one heading upwards.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: Garage (Mr Handy, Iggy_Pop, Lorena)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Fortunately, the one on its way back up is in the other lane. Larsen ducks down behind the divider so that it won't see him, gripping his pistol and knife just in case. His plan is to follow the other four down from a safe distance, intervening if his comrades below need help.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lorena
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Lorena »

Heather is quite scared. When the grenade explodes she covered her ears with her hands and close her eyes, willing but not daring to scream.

She does not know actually how to reacts. Her instinct tell her to trust this people and go with them following the tracks towards.... The Hive? Where? Why? Why do not just run away and forget everything?
But deep in her soul she knows the answer. If the bomb does not works efficiently, the alived in dead people are going to cause a horrible catastrophe in this Town. Or in the whole world maybe. She feels she can be helpful helping this people.
I am just 15 YO. it is not fair to have this responsability over my shoulders when I should be meeting some boys in the park, goin' shoppin' with some friends. But I dared to shoot. I am not a childdish girl anymore she thought while following C.L. and Crawford in the tunnel

Mr. C.L....Ms. Crawford... I am scared. When this nightmare finish? It is safe to be with you? I want to be helpful...Please tell me where we are going... told Heather a little embarressed on her voice's scared timbre. She feels some tears are quite near to flow from her eyes.
I trust on you and I hope you have got a cunning plan. Please, promise me that we will... survive.
Nunca me arrepentí de lo que no dije.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The six of the walking dead who were startled by the grenade are caught up by the four coming down the escalator. Heather moves past C.L. and Crawford down the tunnel. Crawford comforts her, "We´d better move along the tracks and pick them off one by one - when we have got some distance between ourselves and those.... people. Don´t worry - we´ll keep you safe." Crawford ushers Heather away from C.L. who readies another grenade.

From his position at the corner between the restrooms and the escalators, Larsen waits...

C.L.
lobs the second grenade and rushes after the girls.

From the corner, Larsen sees that the grenade is way off, the ten customers continue on their trail after the UBCS officers.

Up on the escalator the solo customer stops... and turns around to start walking downwards again. Being almost at the top it will take some time to get to the subway tracks.

Down the tracks -

Moving along the tracks, Heather gets a flashback from one of her dreams. This clashes fundamentally with her dreams... They always ended withe her and the soldiers being on top of the building! Now, she feels all out of place. She grips the revolver tightly. At least it is real. The cold metal assures her she is awake.
Crawford lights the way ahead with her flashlight. From behind they can hear C.L. lighting a cigarette. "Might be my last... ever. Better to use it." He gets a few steps behind and draws on the stick. Then he sighs and continues after them again.

In the comms, he says, "Larsen, Collins! We´re moving along the tracks towards the Hive. Where are you?"
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

C.L. gets the reply almost instantly. From a ventilation chute some ten meters ahead, Hale repels down. She is followed by the rest of the team.

OOC: Continue in this thread: Together again
TVblog

Return to “Archives”