West Stairwell (ImpInTraining, Airornexo, Kabukiman)

Background and previous chapters.

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: West Stairwell (ImpInTraining, Airornexo, Kabukiman)

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Is that where the others are heading? Whatever they've decided is our rendezvous point, that's where we should be trying to head," Collins says. "Either way, it's down from here I think."
ooc,[quote]Command: The UBCS officer with the highest security clearance is the leader.[/quote] - uh, yeah... that really doesn't answer the question of who's in charge since I don't know jack about their security clearance designators.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:
Spoiler:
That information is added to the ID-cards in the cast list. Sorry for not specifying. As that goes it´s actually Weiss who has highest sec-level: A++, but as he was detailed to Nohman as a guard he could be put aside as being not part of the group. As Nohman died, Weiss´ job ended.

That leaves Larsen as team leader. A+

Collins, Hale and Crawford have: A as sec-level

C.L. has a mere: B, but had top clearance on the bomb deployment. That phase has passed, though.

So, the team in the garage/tube has Larsen as senior officer. The crawlspace team has a tie between Hale and Collins, as Collins is the only UBCS character played - I suggest Collins takes command over the group. Judging by the last post I guess that is what he does.

Weiss
nods. "I´m hearing you officer. There will be no problem with the last one going down. I´m not following you. My job is done here. I´m heading up to the climate hub. From there, I´ll get my ass off of the roof."

He helps tying the rope to a reinforcement beam a bit back in the crawlspace. "Good luck down there, and stay alive!" Hale checks the tracking device with the plans of the mall. "I have the garage level here. The garbage disposal is located west of the garage. The tube is to the east. To take the tube tunnel will get us directly to the source of the Red Queen. Team Alpha is still working over there. Our friend here just escaped from there..." She nods at Johnny in the light from her flashlight and the green light from the tracking device.
"Regarding Dr.Smith. He´s, according to the scanner on floor two - just east of the maintenance area we just vacated. If we follow this crawlspace - we´d reach that location inside five minutes."

Weiss looks at the guys in the tight space. "I can get over there and get that case and then move topside. You guys meet up with the rest of the team and go with the sewers or the tube. My jurisdiction is not inside the US anyways, I´m on loan from the German branch, remember? "

Johnny
and Kim sense that the UBCS officer named Weiss is not on par with the rest of the team. His demeanor is that of an observer not a participant...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

Kim turns to Collins, "looks like you are in charge. So we head down and use the garbage shoot to exit the garage?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Then we have to relay that information to Larsen and the others. So they can get up from the subway."Hale comments on the plan. "Or... we try to get up somewhere along the line to the Hive." She looks at Collins, "But as I hear it we´d head down to the garage and follow Larsen to the subway. Larsen being the senior operator should decide if we continue to e separated or join up in the tube."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, could anyone explain me what is happening here? And if that guy is going away, why can't I and the girl follow him?
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

OOC - I could use a quick bullet point recap as well, sorry I jumped in late to the game and missed the opening shots. Are we trying to get to the Hive or are we just happy escaping through raccoon city?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:

RECAP

The UBCS BRAVO team is sent to aid team ALPHA who has breached the Hive from the top of the research station.
Team BRAVO is to secure that no contaminated people or samples leave the Hive and the annexed mall.

Team BRAVO has lost their group leader, Ferrer, who was replaced by a Sgt Nohman (now dead). Also new to the team was Weiss, who was Nohman´s body guard. His job is so to say over. (That´s why he suggests he stays and takes the route up. Both Kim and Johnny are welcome to join him if they want.)
The team might have a reason to stick together as they might want to have a shot at payback on Umbrella Company.

They have a bomb which they are to place in the garage or on floor one. (Done)

Team ALPHA has reported that they have reached the control center of the Hive.

The UBCS tema BRAVO was to save any civilians alive - and not contaminated - then evacuate the mall via the roof.
If they find the two directors who fled the Hive earlier and started the outbreak, they were to get them out as well.
(One found dead, Sanchez, and the other, dr Smith, is located on floor two - according to the tracker Hale has.)

When the bomb´s timer was set the team though they had 120 minutes to spare. They only had 40 minutes. The bomb was primed as they all set their feet on the roof.

When Larsen tried to get to the roof he saw that there were snipers watching the exit. That Johnny experienced earlier too, when he tried to drive away. The car got shot to pieces but he managed to get back in the garage. From there he got to a gun shop in the mall and hid out. He took care of some customers and packed a bag of goodies from the store. (Holding at present.)

The team found one survivor before Kim and Johnny joined the team. A girl of 15 years old called Heather (who will be played by Lorena, btw).

As of now the objective of the team is to get out of the mall before it blows. (37 minutes)
Maybe retrieve some virus antidote - presumably at floor two with dr, Smith.
Maybe get down to Larsen and the rest of the team to either move to the Hive or out via the garbage shoot.
Maybe disarm the bomb or throw it out alternatively place it in the subway and hope it will save the mall.
Doing that botching the mission who in reality already is botched due to Umbrella Company´s double cross of the team.
One way to survive the bomb is to put it on the roof and go down to the garage and wait for it to blow...
Put the bomb in a car with automatic shift and let it drive up the ramp to the street...

Then leave the mall somehow.

So to answer the question. Before the bomb blows - get out. When out seek vengeance.
If by the actions of the team, the virus is not stopped - they all should look for a distant location to regroup. Raccoon city will not be a safe place to go.

And, btw. Weiss did just take off his gas mask. Kim and Johnny might be concerned by Collins readings of their medical status. He did look concerned when he said they´d be good for at least a couple of hours...

If the team moves inside the Hive they will meet up with Team ALPHA from the movie Resident Evil with ALICE and the other UBCS officers.

All good?
/Dave
TVblog

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Well," Collins said to Weiss, "If that's what you want, I can't direct you to stay with us. But if you could secure that case, we might need the contents for our friends here before it gets too late. Good luck, and god speed. And do watch out for those snipers on the rooftops. Thanks for your help." He tests the rope to make sure it's secure before indicating Hale be the first one down.

To the others, Collins says, "We head down the chute, meet up with Team Alpha, and head over to the escape point from there."

Over the radio, Collins calls, "Larson, we're going to try to meet up with Team Alpha shortly. We're heading down a chute that should bring us close. Will report once we're clear of the ventilation shafts."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Another team, hey? So I'l probably stick with you. Safety in numbers and things like that.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

"I sure as hell am not going off on my own, lead on!" For the time being Kim is content to stick with the others...
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Together again

Post by Dave Syrinx »

As the team are about to jump down the chute, two explosions are heard from below.

From the comms, comes C.L. apparently not hearing the last message. "Larsen, Collins! We´re moving along the tracks towards the Hive. Where are you?"

Hale
repels down the chute, followed by Kim, Johnny and lastly Collins. When they are all down in the basement, Weiss leaves the hole to get to the possible location of the antidote.

As Hale gets down, she stumbles in to the beam from Crawford´s flashlight. The others scramble to their feet and realize they are just ahead of a mob of infected customers.

The girl, Heather, is with Crawford and is wielding a revolver. "There you are!" C.L. says when he comes lumbering along the subway tracks, mask off and puffing a cigarette. "Lead on!"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Larsen here," he whispers on the radio, subvocalizing so that the microphone can pick up his voice but the customer cannot hear him. "I'm near the top of the escalators, between them and the restrooms. You've got ten of them on your six, and your grenade didn't scratch them. They were all attracted by sound of the explosion, and so was the one by itself that I was hoping to sneak past. It's on its way down too. I'll follow once it can no longer hear me, but there are too many for me to take out. If you can find a good spot for an ambush and engage them from below, I can engage this one from above. Until then, I'll keep my distance from it so it doesn't detect me. Over."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Collins checks his gear once down, making sure he still had everything. "Out of the fryin' pan and into the fire," he comments, pulling his weapon to the ready. Quickly, he surveys their surroundings to see if there was a good place for an ambush.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-So, we shoot them, and attract the attention of more? That seems a good plan...
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Any place to lay low and let them pass us by?" Collins asked looking around.
Lorena
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Lorena »

Heather holds the gun tightly at her right hand while follows her partners. They are supposed to know where are going and how to escape from this nightmare. The explosions does not calm her nerves out but she don't dare to speak or complain. She does not want to be a nuisance and follows the team as fast as she can.
Nunca me arrepentí de lo que no dije.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Kim takes in the scene, this situation was getting out of hand. She sticks close to Collins who she perceives as the leader of her group. She is still unsure of the Johnny, the man in the suit. She waves a cautious greeting at the young girl, "Hi there, welcome to our ragtag little band. They found me on the floor above, I don't know what happened....I think I fell asleep."

She turns addressing the others, "Maybe we should try and sneak past, there are lots of customers...we don't want to risk attracting more like Johnny says." She looks at Collins, her eyes pleading for support, "what do you think?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

C.L. pushes past the crowd that has gathered in the tunnel. He hops over the tracks and ushers the others forward. "Haul ass, guys! The timer went haywire - so it may blow any second. Those Umbrella techs meant for none of us to get out!!!"

Crawford checks her map app. "This track leads 2 K´s east - to the Hive main structure. No junctions..." She jogs after C.L.

Kim has never been down here so she has no idea what to expect. Hive? Johnny on the other hand gets a bad feeling as he backtracks the way he came from. The memories of what he saw in the Hive earlier lingers, still. Well, he has a bag full of arms. That has changed. Hopefully that will help.

The UBCS officers hear Larsen´s status report. Hale responds: "Hale here. The thing is blowing, L! Get your butt out of there! The customers are on our tail. See if you can run past them. We´re upping our pace to put a good space between us and them." She lets the civilians pass her as well as Collins and the girl. "Don´t worry, kid. We´ll get you out safely." She then stops and calls Larsen again. "Larsen... I´m holding for you to get here. I´ll be a couple of hundred meters down the tracks. Up below the ceiling. Fire low, and I´ll be OK. I´ll supress them when they reach my position. That should give you an opportunity to pass. Over."

OOC:
Spoiler:
I need someone to roll a d15 for minutes of time left to detonation. And, scuse the summer-hold.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Understood, on my way," replies Larsen, already running. He tries to be stealthy and speedy at the same time, but is willing to sacrifice stealth for speed. The customers might kill him, but if he doesn't hurry the bomb definitely will.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3149830/]Minutes until BOOM! (1d15=4)[/url] D'oh! :shock:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Larsen dashes past a pair of restrooms after hitting the subway landing. He runs along the landing till it ends and he has to climb down on the tracks leading into the black tunnel. It bends slightly but he sees a gradient shift of grey at the turn. The shuffling of the mob of customers is clearly heard from somewhere further in the tunnel.

Hale grabs the rope to climb up. Slips and tries again. This time she gets a good grip. She throws one of her flares at the tracks and it starts to whiz and illuminates the tunnel in a green haze. That is visible even to Larsen closing in on the bend in the tunnel. He soon sees a mass of black bodies against the green light of the flare.
He also sees the red laser sight of Hale´s MP5 play over head of the crowd.

00C:
Spoiler:
Inv Castle is down. 3.5 minutes left.
TVblog

Return to “Archives”