In media res - INCURSION (All players in Team Bravo)

Background and previous chapters.

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: In media res - INCURSION (All players in Team Bravo)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Unfortunately, Larsen is just a little too slow, and there are too many attackers for him to get safely past. "Fall back!" Larsen calls to Heather as he retreats back up towards the second floor. He speaks into his radio. "We got cut off at the first floor landing by a mob of them, heading back to the second floor. I need an alternate route, Hale."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Heather continues down the stairs and comes to the garage level. In the darkness she stumbles but keeps her balance when she feels the last foot fall come down to hard on the concrete floor. Across the garage she sees Crawford´s and C.L.´s flash beams shining down the escalator.

She also sees the green display on the explosives charge in the middle of the garage. Clutching the .50 she was handed earlier, she runs towards the two UBCS officers. Behind her down the stairs come six of the infected customers.

Up at the second floor landing, where Larsen has reached, ten of the customers from the first floor pursue him as he gasps for an alternate route. While throwing a glance at the customers on his heels, Larsen sees that a severely wounded Nohman is dashing down after Heather. His helmet is gone and huge parts of the body armour are torn away, exposing open flesh wounds.

Handy:
Spoiler:
Roll luck to see if there are any customers coming from the second floor doors... If you´re unlucky there will be 1d3 customers barging out as he gets his directions from Hale. He may dodge one infected at double Dodge skill. To dodge two customers he´ll have his base Dodge. To dodge three will crave Dodge at half. If there are no customers coming out. He´s free to either enter floor two of the mall or continue upwards.
Through the comms, Hale responds. "Head to the second floor, run straight over the mall towards the blue ATM and use the fire exit. It´s a smoke tower.There should be a ladder to the basement there. Minimum exposure. Wait... the tower goes trough the climate hub we visited before. You might gain access there. Not sure though."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Luckily, the second floor is clear. "Thanks, I'm on my way," replies Larsen, pushing open the door and running into the second floor of the mall. He tries to barricade the door if he can do so quickly before heading for the ATM and the fire exit. "Heads up, you've got six of them heading your way down the stairs, plus Nohman is right behind them, infected and on his feet again."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

There´s not much to barricade the doors with except a garbage bin - or the HK5...
Down in the garage, Heather is unaware of what Larsen just said. "Come again?" Hale replies.
The ATM is visible as soon as Larsen gets into the main open area on floor two. Just a short corridor and an access panel with a fire sign on.

The west stairwell-

As Hale speaks over the comms, the doors below Weiss´ position open and the horde of infected customers pour out in the stairwell... 36 of them! He barely manages to shine his light over the crowd and sees that the corridor beyond is packed with them. The first four scatter around the landing and soon connects with poor Sanchez in the corner. "Eh... get up here, man!" He retreats up the stairs and flicks the light off. Leaving the masked man and the customers below.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Larsen lodges the garbage bin under the door handle before running for the ATM and the fire exit. He can't afford to give up his MP5, not when he's on his own. "I repeat," he says into the radio, "there are seven infected persons coming down the stairs towards you, including the late Sergeant Nohman. I've got ten of them on my tail, but I think I can slow them down and shake them. I'm on my way to the smoke tower now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Heather having no helmet or radio closes in on Crawford and C.L.. She can hear the shambling in the stairs as one of her pursuers falls and smacks his chin at the steps below. Crawford picks up the comms conversation. "I see her by the explosives, Larsen. We got her."
She steps to the side as the Rottweiler reaches her position. Unfortunately she fails to move quickly enough... Crawford just barely makes it from getting bit in the gut.Her switchblade connects with the dog´s shoulder.

Iggy_pop:
Spoiler:
What action do you choose for C.L.?
TVblog

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Aw, Nohman died? And I had such high hopes for him," Collins said, looking crossly over to Weiss.
ooc,I'm sorry, I'm completely lost. I don't know where I am, or how it is I'm looking down at Sanchez when I thought we were heading down toward the parking garage and should have left her above us. And a question, am I the only active player in the group I'm with?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In the darkness of the stairwell, Collins feels a bit disoriented. The running up and down the stairs - and now in darkness is playing tricks on the doctor.
Location and players:
Spoiler:
The team in the west stairwell went up to the second floor. Jammed the mall doors. Started down towards the first floor, where Weiss stumbled upon a civilian. Larsen called from the south stairwell in distress. The lights went out. The first floor doors opened. The team never reached past the first floor landing. They are now in the stairs between floor two and one.

Airbornexo and Kabukiman should be at that location as well. I´ll merge the thread for Kabs to yours. Airbornexo, I´ll give a nudge.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Johnny instinctively rushes up the stairs away from the mob of crazy customers.
TVblog

Iggy_Pop
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by Iggy_Pop »

C.L. pulls out his machete and slices instinctively at the nearest dog, landing a well placed blow.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The machete splits the chest of the Rottweiler as it plunges at C.L. Being a precise move, C.L. has time to get the attack absolutely right. The dog not as much as yelps, just falls down.

ooc:
Spoiler:
It was a critical hit so the damage is at least another 8. No need to roll again. This dog is dead!
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

On the way to the ATM, Larsen sees about twenty customers some ten yards away from his path. Only three of them are close to his trajectory to get to the ATM area. Ten of them are more than ten yards away.

Ahead he can see, there´s a skylight letting moon-light in to the mall, the fluorescent sign of the emergency hatch.

ooc:
Spoiler:
To run past the customers without firing he must roll dodge on the two who are together (the 2s) and dodge at double for the single one. The raised dodge skill is due to the lack of proper coordination these customers have. Should a failed dodge come up he might have to attack them. To be quiet when taking them out might be wise. They tend to be drawn to loud noises.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In the garage-
The dog tries to biteCrawford as she pulls the switchblade out.

Crawford sidesteps and avoids getting caught between the teeth of the canine. Her blade goes past the target, though. "Die already!" She hisses. She manages to stay away from the dog´s bite yet another time. But that costs her balance and she misses the target again. A blade fight isn´t just her thing. She changes tactics and uses her knee to finish the Rottweiler off. Unfortunately she slips and falls backwards resulting in the Rottweiler being on top of her at once. "Off!" She growls as she tries to ward off the drooling beast.

Heather is now only ten yards away from the escalator and closing in.

C.L. having seen the fight and the trouble his friend is in has got within range to wield his machete.

Time: 39
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As he runs, Larsen takes out his switchblade and grips it in his right hand in case he needs to attack or parry silently, and in his left he holds his .50 pistol in case of an even worse emergency, though he knows that the noise would cause him more problems. He tries to slip past the mob, but he isn't having much luck at all.
OOC,I don't see Dodge listed on my character sheet, so I guess it's just my base skill of 20%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In the west stairwell-

Hale gets off the radio and doubles back up the stairs. She hesitates weather to take time to untie the MP5 but decides against it and continues upwards. Weiss and Kim also moves upwards. Realizing the imminent danger the team members are in Collins too joins the run upwards.
Johnny is tight on their heels, handguns at the ready and the shotgun slung over his back.

From below the team can hear the milling of too many people at the same tight spot. However, a few of them can be heard coming up the stairs. Being in a state of panic, Hale checks her PDA device for a way out of this stairwell not using the exit doors. She finds one. Next to the doors leading to the roof is am access panel for electrical wiring and air ventilation. She flicks out her switchblade and starts to loose the screws. The panel is 1,5 x 1 meters and two can work simultaneously to get it open. There are four screws on each side.

ooc:
Spoiler:
To unscrew the screws fast enough to get everyone in roll 1d20 against dex/ screw. If one roll fails. That means one person will have to wait to escape till the first customer reaches the top of the stairs. (You may shoot it before it gets there...) Should a total of five rolls fail, no one will have time to get in and climb up the access tunnel/shaft. UBCS policy is to let civilians escape first. ;)
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

MrHandy:
Spoiler:
Investigator Name: Larsen
Colleges, Degrees:
Birthplace: Racoon City
Mental Disorders:
Sex: M Age: 39 STR: 11 DEX: 10 INT: 10 Idea: 50
CON: 15 APP: 11 POW: 7 Luck: 35
SIZ: 14 SAN: 35 EDU: 20 Know: 100
99-Cthulhu Mythos: 99 Damage Bonus: +1D4

Accounting 10% Anthropology 1% Archaeology 1%
Art: A.I. Programming 25% Astronomy 1% Bargain 5%
Biology 1% Chemistry 1% Climb 45%
Computer Use 61% Conceal 15% Credit Rating 15%
Cthulhu Mythos 0% Dodge 25% Drive Auto 25%
Electrical Repair 45% Electronics 66% Fast Talk 45%
First Aid 30% Geology 1% Handgun 20%
Hide 10% History 20% Jump 45%
Law 5% Library Use 25% Listen 25%
Locksmith 1% Machine Gun 15% Martial Arts 1%
Mechanical Repair 20% Medicine 5% Natural History 10%
Navigate 10% Occult 5% Operate Hvy. Machine 1%
Persuade 15% Pharmacy 1% Photography 10%
Physics 1% Psychoanalysis 1% Psychology 5%
Ride 5% Rifle 40% Shotgun 30%
Sneak 10% Spot Hidden 25% Submachine Gun 15%
Swim 25% Throw 25% Track 10%
.50 Automatic* 40% Hechler & Kock MP5 40% Fist/Punch 50%
Head Butt 10% Kick 25% Grapple 25%
Switchbalde 60%

Call of Cthulhu is a registered trademark of Chaosium Inc.

I guess I never sent you the sheet properly, did I? It´s 25% but won´t affect the rolls made.
Larsen ducks away from all three of the customers in his way, miraculously. Not really believing what just happened he reaches the ATM without too much noise. The fire hatch is just there. Being designed to open and let smoke out, the panel is folding inwards and he´ll just have to pus it to squeeze through.

ooc:
Spoiler:
Roll luck to see if the suit holds for the squeeze.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hale works quickly with two of the screws, but the two last are being reluctant.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Larsen manages to wriggle through the hatch without tearing his suit. Once on the other side, he looks around and sees if there's any way he can jam it shut.
OOC,Thanks! I never saw that character sheet before, only the abbreviated one in the Character Sheets thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

On their ascent, Collins keeps a look out for any environmental advantages that he can use to slow down their pursuers, like shooting a hole in the hot water pipes.

Once by the vents, Collins does what he can to help with the unscrewing of the vent. He quickly regards the stranger they ran into and says, "Hey... Collins. Your name?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The first screw loosens without any problem. Three to go...

ImpInTraining:
Spoiler:
Investigator Name: Collins
Colleges, Degrees:
Birthplace: Raccoon
Mental Disorders:
Sex: M Age: 26 STR: 12 DEX: 14 INT: 11 Idea: 55
CON: 15 APP: 13 POW: 9 Luck: 45
SIZ: 15 SAN: 45 EDU: 17 Know: 85
99-Cthulhu Mythos: 99 Damage Bonus: +1D4

Accounting 10% Anthropology 1% Archaeology 1%
Art: Jiu-jitsu defensive tech. 65% Astronomy 1% Bargain 5%
Biology 1% Chemistry 1% Climb 40%
Computer Use 1% Conceal 15% Credit Rating 15%
Cthulhu Mythos 0% Dodge 60% Drive Auto 20%
Electrical Repair 10% Electronics 1% Fast Talk 5%
First Aid 63% Geology 1% Handgun 20%
Hide 10% History 20% Jump 40%
Law 5% Library Use 25% Listen 25%
Locksmith 1% Machine Gun 15% Martial Arts 1%
Mechanical Repair 20% Medicine 65% Natural History 10%
Navigate 10% Occult 5% Operate Hvy. Machine 1%
Persuade 15% Pharmacy 1% Photography 10%
Physics 1% Psychoanalysis 1% Psychology 5%
Ride 5% Rifle 25% Shotgun 30%
Sneak 10% Spot Hidden 60% Submachine Gun 15%
Swim 25% Throw 25% Track 10%
.50 Automatic* 50% Hechler & Kock MP5 50% Fist/Punch 55%
Head Butt 10% Kick 25% Grapple 25%
Switchblade 60%

Call of Cthulhu is a registered trademark of Chaosium Inc.

Your sheet sir. Too bad I missed sending this earlier.
OOC:   BTW is anyone else lacking full stats to their character?  
TVblog

Return to “Archives”